Community Games related YouTube video thread

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Since a lot of us watch YT games related videos, I thought why not have seperate thread for it.

This thread is for posting any interesting games related videos that you find.
Following are general guidelines (not rules) for content posted
  • Before posting, do write a line or two to provide context (for easier understanding)

• Reviews or Analytical stuff (preferable older games, but newer less talked about games are certainly welcome)
  • Retrospective
  • Top 10/Top 5
  • Guides (How to play a game, how to mod a game etc.)
  • Speedrun / Glitch / Hack
  • Showcases (Mods, patches)
  • Joke-y funny meme stuff
  • etc.
Here are some examples (these are the videos I watched in past 2-3 days. There are so much more other kind of videos that I can share)

The Hipster Snek reviews obscure games. HIGHLY Recommended.
He did proper review on Monster Rancher series
Modding can be intimidating. Here is GamerZakh on how to mod TES3 Morrowind to be playable in 2021
This very new channel MrEdders123, made excellent retrospect on both Icewind Dale games (both of them being less talked about in RPG spaces). He is also doing small sized retro reviews as well.
Good old Todd Howard meme

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm just going to leave a list for the moment as a reminder to fill it with actual links and blurb later on ( after work ).
99% of my gaming documentaries/lore vids are Youtube, i rarely watch Twitch.
Also if someone else makes a link of any of these channels then feel free to do so and i'll remove them from here.

MetaCouncil Speedrun Thread - Gotta Go Fast!
Games Done Quick - GDQ
RPG Limit Break
Sul Matul - Pathologic deep videos.
Rocket Baby Dolls - Excellent Let's plays
Untitled Burial Game Playlist - Plays games with no commentary but Witch House/Dark Trance music playing.
Gray Still Plays - Madness.
Let's Game it Out - Madness but mainly "Can i break this game...?"
Accounting Nightmare - Excellent DMC videos
Summoning Salt - Speedrun Record History Documentaries
The Salt Factory - especially "As good as i remember..."

Too many Gaming VTubers to mention but mainly Hololive and VShojo with some Nijisanji thrown in.

Last edited:

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Here we go!

The most wholesome communities on the web, OutsideXbox and OutsideXtra:
Provides a lot of fun and laughter, and is not always so serious. They also have two extensive PnP RPG series.

Their colleagues from another part of the same network, Eurogamer. They have some killer Dark Souls playthroughs, and a gigantic list of fun LTTP videos:

Ian (from Eurogamer) has his own private channel where he has the excellent TerrorFlops series, of bad games from the X360/PS3 era:

Excellent gaming documentaries from GVMERS:

Long form gaming essays/documentaries from Raycevick and Whitelight:

The home of the excellent Ross's Game Dungeon:

Old school game reviews from LGR:

Old school gaming longplays:

And a recent find, a chill channel with lots of focus on the old city-builders of yester-year:

OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
I'd encourage if people share individual videos of the videos they've watched in that day.

Here's a video on "The Isle", a survival open world game where everyone is a dinosaur!

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'd forgotten to post about LP Archive Org until you posted that Mercenaries 2 video! Thanks for the reminder!

I know some people hate Let's Play but i love them especially the ones that are informative and the Let's Play Archive has tons of them.

They even have a Mercenaries 2 Let's Play which is great fun and informative.

OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Canpia effect mostly focuses on Japanese animation side.
But occasionally makes games related videos.

It has lots of info you can't find on a general Google search

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

not youtube ... but good vidya :)

OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Been seeing this one pop in my recommendations a lot.

not youtube ... but good vidya :)
Damn I didn't knew! Thanks for share.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman
OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
If you like JRPGs in any capacity, this is a MUST WATCH

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
A retrospective of what happened in the FGC the past year, how it's now and what directions it may take.

• Eyes
Reactions: MegaApple

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I haven't fully watched this one yet but it looks interesting and well done so far.

I've also ended up watching a bunch of videos from this channel - SwitchWatch. They can be a bit ...irritating... BUT they do show a lot of niche Switch games AND cover Physical Editions which is nice for those of us who like them and like to be informed when they're announced/released.

This is a rushed edition of their "Let's Get Physical" show.

OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Tier list of vanilla Total War games from a guy who is probably played them a LOT

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Sorry for the completely random Youtuber recommendation, but

Any German-speaking fan of (Grand)Strategy and building Let's plays should check out "Steinwallen, Games and History" https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTmHYQZukLJUxQDLEmbjrWQ

He is playing Paradox Grand Strategy, old Strategy Games (like "Vicky 2" and "Imperialism"), builders like "Workers and Ressources", and other historical games.
Dude has a soothing voice and always explains the real-world history behind certain characters, nations and historical events.
He also Roleplays his Let's plays often, where he, (for example in Crusader Kings), decides on what to do based on the characters traits and history between other characters and nations and not what is the best to do in regards to game mechanics.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I forgot about how much of a boring git i am and that Cities Skylines videos are good to have on in the background while working.

The City Planner

Biffa Plays Indies:
Ive run into some serious traffic problems in my city and that Biffa guy has some good vids for tips. Ive also added a ton of mods to the game which help a load.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
RetrospectiveGaming - old crpg reviews
RoseTintedSpectrum - reviews of zx spectrum (duh), c64, amiga games and some uk game tv shows, very witty.
PhilsComputerLab - channel about retro pc hardware.
AdventureGameGeek - well, adventure games reviews (but no new updates recently :( )
Nerdly Pleasures - very nerdy facts about retro pc and consoles.
Pixelmusement - Ancient Dos Games channel (+ shovelware diggers)
Paul Jenkinson - zx spectrum wizard!
I Drink Lava - 3D Game Audio - surround audio (for headphones), old and new games tested.
Xeen Music - midi music from old games (mainly from New World Computing, since Xeen :face-savouring-delicious-food:)

Last edited:
OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Ive run into some serious traffic problems in my city and that Biffa guy has some good vids for tips. Ive also added a ton of mods to the game which help a load.

Needed this

RetrospectiveGaming - old crpg reviews
RoseTintedSpectrum - reviews of zx spectrum (duh), c64, amiga games and some uk game tv shows, very witty.
AdventureGameGeek - well, adventure games reviews (but no new updates recently :( )
Nerdly Pleasures - very nerdy facts about retro pc and consoles.
Pixelmusement - Ancient Dos Games channel (+ shovelware diggers)
Paul Jenkinson - zx spectrum wizard!
I Drink Lava - 3D Game Audio - surround audio (for headphones), old and new games tested.
Xeen Music - midi music from old games (mainly from New World Computing, since Xeen :face-savouring-delicious-food:)
WOW! A lot of these U;ve never heard about!

Thank for sharing, man

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Didn't know anyone else here was into Phil's. I'm constantly teetering on the edge of buying old cpus and knock off motherboards on ali express just to see how far I can push it. because of him

Myself, I stick mainly with:
Civvie11 - FPS (or mainly FPS) long form/humourous reviews and playthroughs - with an overarching 'story' about Civvie living in an underground prison/bunker after the apocalypse
GmanLives - FPS and some 3rd person/action title reviews
Indietiative - Toma (youve seen him on ERA promoting all-things indie) has a youtube channel highlighting some truly indie games.
Hardware Canucks - hardware reviews from a Canadian perspective/pricing (a huge plus for me :cool: )
Grant Abbitt's Blender tutorial channel - what to learn Blender? Grant has the tutorials you need. Use them myself
OneLoneCoder - channel about coding games basically from scratch

Last edited:
OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Davo makes stuff about strategy games, sandbox and roguelikes.
Something new from him.

OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Really frustrating to die in most games, but I really love rogue-likes/lites too.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Okay we're missing the awesome and legendary but i'm here to rectify that and provide you all with a piece of Gaming History!

Konami E3 2010 in 360p - Imagine what it was like watching this live and discussing it on forums in realtime... It was better than that!

Watch and play spot the memes with your friends!

Digital Foundry HD Coverage and Commentary.