Community Games related YouTube video thread

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
I recently watched this series:

As someone who was read (most of) the Otherland books (they are really drawn out, OK?) and heard they were making a game around 10 years ago, but never knew it actually released, this was really interesting to watch!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
DaveControl, Dave Klein's channel has a playthrough of Shadow Tower Abyss as well as the King's Field series, Souls and Bloodborne.

He's a journo/Video producer and has worked for a bunch of outlets and currently does some stuff for GameSpot. I've been watching his King's Field playthroughs quite a bit at night before going to sleep as they are pretty chill.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020

Excellent video essay on Hotline Miami 2. Actually, since I don't think anything from Jacob Geller's channel has been posted here yet, here are a few more of his essays I thought were excellent:

Comparing Dark Souls 3 with a Charlie Kaufman film:

Resident Evil 4's HD mod and its similarities to art restoration:

Honestly the thumbnail here says all you need to know going into this one:

OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Very very good explainer on Mega Man Battle Network series (and a very good YTer)

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Koe mentioned this in his recent stream introducing Nagzz to the FGC - "Fight On: the Killer Instinct Story"

• Love
Reactions: MegaApple

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I loved this. Very insightful on a small section of history.

Who is this?
Sorry, Koefficient. He's a Twitch streamer who puts highlights and sometimes special streams on Youtube. He's known for playing and covering fighting games for YEARS but has also gained a second set of followers for covering VTubers and his descent into the VTuber rabbit hole over the last year or so.

• Eyes
Reactions: MegaApple
OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
minimme makes the most boring games into interesting videos

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So pint, a previous WoW content creator has shifted over to FFXIV. Funny and kind of heart warming as well.

Josh Strife Hayes is back with another Worst MMO. Neverwinter Online. Not quit as funny as some of the others. But shows how bad pay to win and corporate greed can get.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Spiffing Brit videos are great fun and i've got a couple bookmarked for trying out when i play the games in the future.
His schtick of mentioning Tea or Yorkshire Tea and saying "Ladies and Gentlemen" every 30 seconds can wear me down though if i'm honest.
Good to see he got his channel back, he was one of the ones who was scammed a few months ago. Which is odd because he seemed so switched on to youtube i didn't think he'd fall for such a think but there we go. Be careful out there peeps.