Community Games related YouTube video thread

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I was looking for some PGR videos and found this channel - ColourShedProductions.
He covers old games, mainly racing but others too, and also gives a bit of history and the videos are relatively short.
I can see myself binge watching some of the playlists in future.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I haven't started watching this i just saw it in my sidebar when i was looking at the new Mega Man Maker release trailer.
So i dunno the channel or anything but ... If it's any good that'll keep my subconcious distracted at work.

8 hours of Mega Man lore.

OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
How did I missed posting on my own thread?

Don't know how he did it, but this guy got entrance in SE offices

Also this

Guy takes nearly an year to make a video and it's the best video you will every see.
tim rogers is gift to games community

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
NeverKnowsBest going out with a classic - Gothic.

I hope they find the energy to come back after a break doing other things on their other channel.

• Love
Reactions: MegaApple

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
A bit of an odd one but as i've been Sims modding it's interesting and tries to settle ~15 years of habits and myths behind Sims 2 Neighbourhood Corruption. Interesting for a technical view of game dev and decisions too.

Reactions: MegaApple
OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Sound Novels are progenitor of Visual Novel genre and extremely important in Japanese games history.

Very good video on the subject

einstellung

Dec 31, 2018
A few times a month before bed, I'll watch a GDC talk instead of browsing Netflix or reading a book. Here's two of the best I've seen recently:

A very finely honed list of bullet points on the travails of designing and bringing arcade VR experiences to market. It's only 30 minutes but packs in the information, putting many talks of double the length to shame.

I don't play many 4X games, but listening to this dev makes me want to try out his. He talks about how he very determinedly combed through the back catalog of 4X games and tried to fix one or more of each of their problems in Old World. I think he also led design on Civ III and made Off-World Trading Company.