|OT| Gamescom 2019 Dorito Pope presents

Deleted member 113

Samson said:
It's like someone took a weird experimental game you'd find on itch.io and gave it an AAA budget. It's hilarious and amazing.
Good description. Not sure about the hilarious and amazing part though... ;)

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
i think epic was looking at this more like an auction

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
FunktionJCB said:
Good description. Not sure about the hilarious and amazing part though... ;)
Oh no, it's hilarious. It's like Kojima is this itch.io indie dev that has so much money now, he doesn't know what to do with it, so he's burning it on celeb cameos lmao. I can't wait to see how many other people he stuffs in here.

Deleted member 113

Well, I'm off to walk the dog. It's not a baby, but it's something

PC-Patriot

Press Any key, where the hell is it ?
Aug 5, 2019
oh they tweeted they had shitloads of shit to shower on us and it didn;t happen

PC-Patriot

Press Any key, where the hell is it ?
Aug 5, 2019
and everyone else that is leaving including me cos I got to find a salt solenoid somewhere in the galaxy

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
Port Royale 3 had a very consoley/problematic UI and it felt like a bad port (sic) of 2.
Lets hope that the game will be much better and not be asshole exclusive.

Reactions: lashman

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
This wasn’t so bad. Soulstorm hurts, but at least they’re not calling me a Gamergater for being willing to wait a year.

Lots of cool indies in the show, good to hear KSP2 will be on Steam. Though honestly, so many devs have just straight up contradicted themselves that I don’t believe anything will hit Steam till it’s already there.

I’m wondering if the EGS backlash is finally getting to devs and publishers. Even some Private Division games announced here aren’t exclusive. Very surprising. But, we’ll see.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The tweet certainly was bullshit, but as people have alluded here, Epic could still decide to bribe a few devs and get some of the games announced here.
I don't really believe that there is any real resistance to such deal among larger publisher (if the amount is right, of course) or most indies

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This wasn’t so bad. Soulstorm hurts, but at least they’re not calling me a Gamergater for being willing to wait a year.

Lots of cool indies in the show, good to hear KSP2 will be on Steam. Though honestly, so many devs have just straight up contradicted themselves that I don’t believe anything will hit Steam till it’s already there.

I’m wondering if the EGS backlash is finally getting to devs and publishers. Even some Private Division games announced here aren’t exclusive. Very surprising. But, we’ll see.
just as a reminder - both Private Division games were announced along with EGS .... both had store pages added with the announcements ... both are egsclusive

so yeah - until there's a pre-order in place (or they're out) - they might as well not have store pages, it doesn't change anything

and that pretty much goes for every game announced today

now don't get me wrong - i'm not sitting here being all paranoiac, thinking Tim will grab all of them, not at all .... i'm just saying - we don't know what might happen between now and release ... they might be on steam, they might not be

:shrugblob:

Reactions: xinek

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
The tweet certainly was bullshit, but as people have alluded here, Epic could still decide to bribe a few devs and get some of the games announced here.
I don't really believe that there is any real resistance to such deal among larger publisher (if the amount is right, of course) or most indies
Epic might be looking at reaction and feedback for what was announced and getting their wallet out to go shopping based on what they find.
That or it was all bullshit and they trolled us good.