Community Gaming Screenshots 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
I can't tell what the heck is going on in that game ^^

Anywho, I didn't REALLY uninstall No Mans' Sky until last night. I decided to keep going a bit more... and all the game brought me was more disappointment. It's like a lootbox simulator. I just kept thinking "just one more planet.... maybe the next one will have what I want." And they never do.

I think I'll be taking a break until Rage 2 is released.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
A few more from Ace Combat 7.

Probably going to be my last batch from it now that I've gotten pretty much everything I want out of the game. Wasn't the best Ace Combat, but still plenty of fun and hopefully AC8 isn't too far away.

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Some more No Mans' Sky.
The Vulkan update is nice. Being able to change resolution without restarting the game is great. The creative mode also gives you a relatively hassle free way to play. But after a couple hours I still find myself getting tired of the routine. So here's a few more shots. Now... onto the next game.
Big old image dump album of more NMS stuff.
You're making me want to play this thing and I'm one of those people that never had any interest in NMS whatsoever. Really great shots.

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
You're making me want to play this thing and I'm one of those people that never had any interest in NMS whatsoever. Really great shots.
When you eventually find my next post, you'll see that I would advise against that :p

Seriously. It's a very hollow\shallow experience I think. The core gameplay loop never really did anything for me. Even now that they've added a "story" with more vehicles and base building... I still couldn't get into it. So I just do creative mode which allows you to travel around more freely and build whatever you want. Which is fine for a while if you're just chasing screenshots but the prop-gen starts to show you the same stuff over and over again... and yeah. I gave up.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D

I'm sorry for the black bars. It seems to work great with dgVoodoo2 as usual for such oldies. It's fun, if nowhere near as polished as the GC sequels. It recognizes almost any joystick or (far more suitably) gamepad, though the right stick and such may not function (but it's not needed either). There's a bug with the default (maybe more?) camera becoming way too distant as you play but the cockpit and/or close up views are better anyway.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I haven't found any, some mentions of a widescreen mod where the peripheral range lacks textures and stuff as made for the N64 it conserves ram everywhere.

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
Q.U.B.E. 2

This was a free game on Twitch (Prime) a while back. Never decided to play it until last night. And I think it was pretty good. I like a good puzzle game every now and then.

It also happens to be very pretty. The style is very simple, but the textures, materials, and lighting are fantastic.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This was a free game on Twitch (Prime) a while back. Never decided to play it until last night. And I think it was pretty good. I like a good puzzle game every now and then.
yeah, it's pretty good ... i actually played it on release (really liked the first one too) ... the story is kiiiiiinda predictable, but overall - it's a cool little puzzle game :D

and, as always, great shots! :D

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
yeah, it's pretty good ... i actually played it on release (really liked the first one too) ... the story is kiiiiiinda predictable, but overall - it's a cool little puzzle game
I didn't play the first one... but the story is absolutely pointless to me. Absolutely 0 humor, so I didn't pay much attention. I mean... it's a puzzle game. It doesn't need humor unless as a mechanism to inject humor (like Portal). So yeah.... going to post a few more before I delete them all from my hard drive.

Also, what a random game to get Ansel support. I joked that this was Minecraft with raytracing and fooled a couple people :p

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I didn't play the first one... but the story is absolutely pointless to me. Absolutely 0 humor, so I didn't pay much attention.
yeah, unfortunately it's not Portal :p but the puzzles are decent at least :)

I joked that this was Minecraft with raytracing and fooled a couple people :p
well Minecraft doesn't look THAT much different nowadays, you know (not my shots) ;)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
yeah, unfortunately it's not Portal :p but the puzzles are decent at least :)

well Minecraft doesn't look THAT much different nowadays, you know (not my shots) ;)

Damn, how many fps and on what kind of hardware ? 2080 ?

Reactions: Deleted member 113
Status
Not open for further replies.