Community Gaming Screenshots 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D

My dgVoodoo settings didn't set the game to 4:3 but instead slightly squished it. I've forced 4:3 now. New screens (note the fully round radar & subtle CRT filter)...

Editing for more screenshots so I don't clutter the page up with this one game. The 10th mission is royally kicking my ass, or rather the thing-I'm-protecting's ass.

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
So I dug some more through my screenshot archive, did find a handful, but I also lost a lot over the years, and many are just boring or capturing funny story moments, so I dont deem them really interesting enough to share. But these here are okay:

Nier: Automata

Brothers: A Tale of two Sons

Alice: Madness Returns

World of Warcraft

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
i REALLY need to get back to that game, haha ... still haven't really played Fortune Island ... like at all :(
Fortune Island definitely lives up to its name. I was finally able to buy Edinburgh Castle after finishing up some of the treasure hunts.

My only complaint is that it feels small. Around the size of Blizzard Mountain for Horizon 3.. maybe a little smaller. The events are pretty solid so far at least.

awesome shots, regardless ... thanks for posting them! :cat-heart-blob:
Thanks! It's nice being able to post some again. Been fighting a cold all weekend and still not quite over it.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Fortune Island definitely lives up to its name. I was finally able to buy Edinburgh Castle after finishing up some of the treasure hunts.
daaaaaaaaaaaayum!

Thanks! It's nice being able to post some again. Been fighting a cold all weekend and still not quite over it.
oh dang ... hope you'll feel better soon then! :steam_pigblanket:

Deleted member 113

There's an emulator that allows me to play PGR4 on PC? :eek:
How? When? Where??? :p

I love the game. Sadly, my 360 broke down years ago, but I still have the disc. If there's a working emulator, I would love to play the game again.
And the last Splatterhouse entry as well.

Velasco

When you escape to a desert the silence shouts
Apr 17, 2019
i miss PGR :negative-blob:

good shots, by the way ... it's crazy those emulators can now do stuff like that ... with no glitches and shit, impressive!
Thanks! Emulation of seventh generation consoles has progressed a lot in recent years.

There's an emulator that allows me to play PGR4 on PC? :eek:
How? When? Where??? :p

I love the game. Sadly, my 360 broke down years ago, but I still have the disc. If there's a working emulator, I would love to play the game again.
And the last Splatterhouse entry as well.
The game crashes in the main builds (DX12 & Vulkan) of the emulator.A custom build was recently released, where the game is (relatively) playable (around 20fps).Here's a link to the custom Xenia build

Deleted member 113

Thanks! Emulation of seventh generation consoles has progressed a lot in recent years.

The game crashes in the main builds (DX12 & Vulkan) of the emulator.A custom build was recently released, where the game is (relatively) playable (around 20fps).Here's a link to the custom Xenia build
Thank you. (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Velasco

Deleted member 113

Huh? It's one of the best looking games out there.
I didn't imply that the game looks bad. :)

I meant that some of his screenshots look very impressive, in terms of composition and sharpness, very "un-gamey" (if that makes sense), like some of those promotional "bullshots" companies like to release, and that are usually very far off what we get on our PCs.

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
I didn't imply that the game looks bad. :)

I meant that some of his screenshots look very impressive, in terms of composition and sharpness, very "un-gamey" (if that makes sense), like some of those promotional "bullshots" companies like to release, and that are usually very far off what we get on our PCs.
I admit that those old bullshots from the '00s sure did influence me in some way, I remember seeing them in my local gaming magazines and thinking "holy shit, that looks amazing!", but all those games ended up being less visually impressive in reality. Hell, I was crazy enough to try and recreate some of the old UT3 bullshots with in-game graphics, it was one of the prime examples of this disappointing difference:

It's good that games look great on their own nowadays in most cases, but yeah, those old bullshots definitely left a mark in my memory, so I just keep using them as guidelines when I'm trying to take my shots. And really, I'm not doing any additional edits outside free cams with hidden HUDs and built-in photomode filters (if there any), I'm not even using reshade.

Ryne

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2018
Do you guys play horizon 4 at like 4K or something? I have it maxed on my machine and it doesn't look as good as those shots :love:

Nice photos!

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Do you guys play horizon 4 at like 4K or something? I have it maxed on my machine and it doesn't look as good as those shots :love:
Ha! Yeah I'm lucky that I have the hardware to run just about every game at 4k. My cpu is getting a bit old at this point but still hanging in there.

Nice photos!
Thanks! :)

Reshade don't work with rage 2 due to vulkan booo
Bummed me out when I discovered that too.. :crying-face:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Outward is an interesting game, aesthetically.

It's obviously very low budget for what it's trying to achieve, but at the same time it does something that I've seen very few recent RPGs really do: combine a realistic art style with very distinct, unique and fantastical environments.

These are just random gameplay shots mind you, so excuse the repetitive pose of my character (and as I said, it's very ambitious for its budget, so also excuse the fact that my backpack is clipping through my hat. A lot :p).

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Outward is an interesting game, aesthetically.

It's obviously very low budget for what it's trying to achieve, but at the same time it does something that I've seen very few recent RPGs really do: combine a realistic art style with very distinct, unique and fantastical environments.
Wow! I've seen a few screenshots of Outward but never realized just how colorful it could look. It's nice to see some city and indoor shots too.

Those are the first I've seen that actually got me interested in checking the game out eventually.

Thanks for sharing those! :)

Reactions: Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Wow! I've seen a few screenshots of Outward but never realized just how colorful it could look. It's nice to see some city and indoor shots too.

Those are the first I've seen that actually got me interested in checking the game out eventually.

Thanks for sharing those! :)
I think one reason you might not see too many varied screenshots of Outward is that it really takes a while to get going.
I think it took us (I'm playing in coop -- one of the game's best features!) almost 10 hours to be confident enough to take a trip beyond the starting map. It can be a pretty unforgiving game (though like many old-school RPGs, it gets much easier as your character becomes more powerful and you become more familiar with how it works).

Regarding the game being colorful: it really is, here's one more shot of a different interior location (and it actually has a different pose! ;)):

Zexen

Jan 26, 2019
A Plague Tale: Innocence (very beginning of the game)
The game is really gorgeous, even more so by knowing that it was made by the French studio behind Fuel some years ago, but my main grip on the technical side is their AO solution, it's not pretty at all imo. Thankfully, I suppose it's easily fixable by using Marty McFly's MXAO.

This quirk aside, their art direction and technical achievement is quite mesmerizing anyway.

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
I can't run Rage 2 in 4K unfortunately, but at least it runs fine on my rig in 1440p. And yeah, photomode in this game is far from perfect, some cool features like a change of the day time, but everything else feels unfinished, I wish they'll patch and improve it later
But it hotsamples! So at least screenshots can be high-res :)

I'm capturing mine at 7000x3500 or 6880x2880 depending on aspect ratio.

I have no idea what the point of this is. It just shoots up fire behind it. I guess if someone is giving chase? This car has no forward facing attacks though by default.

Off the beaten path.

Wellspring 2.0

Just cruisin along

Market at night

Status
Not open for further replies.