Community Gaming Screenshots 2023

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Same deal as last year, post all your gaming screenshots in here, any platform/genre etc.

Old threads: -

New Year, old games :V

Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls PTDE

Max Payne 3

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
something for the new thread, Cyberpunk 2077 1440p dlss quality

3 of the 4 new apartments in cyberpunk, did this in a couple minutes so i figured i might as well complete the set and post a picture from all 4... one hour later and i can't find a shot i like in the most expensive one :upside-down-face:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
The art direction of No More Heroes III is absolutely genius.

When you finish a fight and the game changes to this red-black scene where the blood of your enemy spills everywhere as your final fatal slash light up the scene. A sort of song that represents a "final climax" of the fight starts playing, as the words " K I L L " end up on the screen. It's simply told, an amazing ending to every fight.

When you finish a boss fight and watch the cutscene, the end of the cutscene fades into a special drawing as your results pop up, making amazing backgrounds (if only the results text wasn't in the way):

There are plenty more where it came from, but these were my primary favorites.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Still very fun to play. I think the upscaling actually complements the look and the game's 1998 cgi in most scenes. They did an amazing job with this mod IMO. And thank modders there's a door skip mod for RE 1 through CVX one way or another. Can't play without it anymore.

Resident Evil 2 PC version with RE Seamless HD Project mod.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I swear, this subgenre of games - FPP/TPP open world singleplayer storydriven RPG is just the best thing ever.
The truth. Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer games in this genre. I tried Elex 1 but it was way above my junk endurement threshold. And that's a shame because I really like Gothic games and first Risen.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I feel like I should one day try out Elex or the sequel. Are there story connections? Should I just jump to Elex 2 if I end up trying it out?
Elex 2 is a direct sequel, you play the same guy after some 6 years and it continues the events. But it is also a bit strange in that most of the returning characters (including main protag) look different and have different voice actors. So playing them together might be a bit jarring. I played Elex 1 on release so for me it was fine.

I would recommend playing them, they are flawed, mostly in budget-related departments, but Piranha still builds fun worlds to explore and quests to interact with. To be honest, I find these games, as flawed as they are, much more engaging than AAA extravaganzas like Forspoken or Horizon ZD.

The truth. Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer games in this genre. I tried Elex 1 but it was way above my junk endurement threshold. And that's a shame because I really like Gothic games and first Risen.
I didn't really find Elex too janky to be honest. Facial animations are basic, combat is serviceable, but I didn't see too many bugs or jank.
Elex 2 is a more of a mixed bag, on one hand technically it has way nicer graphics (lighting especially), but its DX12 renderer suffers from some annoying bugs and there is some jank here and there (like a dialogue scene having camera placed incorrectly inside a character's head, bit of a nightmare fuel, but it is rare). Or sometimes dialogue is just bizzarely nonsensical (also rare, but annoying). But again...overall it's great.

• Comfy
Reactions: Parsnip and lashman

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I didn't really find Elex too janky to be honest. Facial animations are basic, combat is serviceable, but I didn't see too many bugs or jank.
Elex 2 is a more of a mixed bag, on one hand technically it has way nicer graphics (lighting especially), but its DX12 renderer suffers from some annoying bugs and there is some jank here and there (like a dialogue scene having camera placed incorrectly inside a character's head, bit of a nightmare fuel, but it is rare). Or sometimes dialogue is just bizzarely nonsensical (also rare, but annoying). But again...overall it's great.
The movement in Elex 1 was very stiff, I would often get stuck on random objects and the worst part was the combat. Granted I played only around 10 hours of it and couldn't use anything other than a melee weapon, but I disliked the combat I experienced during that time. I have no complaints regarding the graphics and the character models.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Elex 2 is a direct sequel, you play the same guy after some 6 years and it continues the events. But it is also a bit strange in that most of the returning characters (including main protag) look different and have different voice actors. So playing them together might be a bit jarring. I played Elex 1 on release so for me it was fine.

I would recommend playing them, they are flawed, mostly in budget-related departments, but Piranha still builds fun worlds to explore and quests to interact with. To be honest, I find these games, as flawed as they are, much more engaging than AAA extravaganzas like Forspoken or Horizon ZD.
Cheers! To the wishlist they go.

• Comfy
Reactions: lashman

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
The movement in Elex 1 was very stiff, I would often get stuck on random objects and the worst part was the combat. Granted I played only around 10 hours of it and couldn't use anything other than a melee weapon, but I disliked the combat I experienced during that time. I have no complaints regarding the graphics and the character models.
I play both with controller and didn't have any issues with movement or combat.
But combat is basic and janky (when it comes to stuff like hitboxes) for sure. On one hand, there aren't lot of moves or combos, but on the other, there is a pretty wide selection of weaponry - from various melee weapons, bows, crossbows, heavy weapons, classic firearms, energy weapons, and several types of magic. In Elex 2 it is even possible to do aerial combat.

It's funny, on one hand there is lot of weird nonsense in Elex 2, like strange nonsensical cutscenes, dialogues, bit of jank...but on the other this is a 60+ hour long open world RPG with pretty decent graphics that's made by team of 30 people. I can't help but find it impressive despite its issues.