|OT| GOG - Old Games, New Games, Good Games!

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Finished Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis the other night. Thought it had a great first half. The second half less so. My enjoyment of that game was pretty much inversely correlated with my progress in it.

After a certain point, the puzzles became increasingly convoluted. I think it was in Crete that annoyance started to set in. By the end, when I forgot to pick up several items again after having used them for other purposes and needed to backtrack, my spirit for puzzle solving got completely worn out :') Thank Nur-Ab-Sal that it came with hint book.

I'd still recommend it, I think. Overall it's pretty fun and it apparently even has multiple paths. The artwork and soundtrack are also just really charming.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Finished Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis the other night. Thought it had a great first half. The second half less so. My enjoyment of that game was pretty much inversely correlated with my progress in it.

After a certain point, the puzzles became increasingly convoluted. I think it was in Crete that annoyance started to set in. By the end, when I forgot to pick up several items again after having used them for other purposes and needed to backtrack, my spirit for puzzle solving got completely worn out :') Thank Nur-Ab-Sal that it came with hint book.

I'd still recommend it, I think. Overall it's pretty fun and it apparently even has multiple paths. The artwork and soundtrack are also just really charming.
... plus it's pretty much the real fourth movie

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I've been bad at this for trying to keep up but with being sick and then followed up by a short heatwave my motivation hit 0%, I bombed on that one hard for more suggestions during the sale but uh.. I'll put them up at some point! There's going to be more sales! eventually!

I am broke as hell but that's what I grabbed! There was lots more I wanted to get but that was the most appealing to me in my budget of "I really shouldn't buy anything at all"

Deleted member 113

I only bought the Laura Bow games (The Colonel's Bequest, and The Dagger of Amon Ra). :giggle:

If anyone missed out on Toonstruck, drop me a message.
I have an extra code for the game (I forgot I already owned the game, and I clicked to get it during the sale).

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I figured I couldn't let Prudis have all the fun with game releases

This one's pretty neat for the game its self is cool on its own with a female led puzzler game but also has the distinction of it was previously rejected (Reasons unknown) then accepted and is now selling a lot on GOG, so hopefully they'll do a better job on their curation process in the future

Procedural generated levels with some rogue-like/rogue-lite elements that takes on Metroidy style gameplay seems to be what they're going for with this new release

Side scrolling CO-OP (For 2 to 4 people) Focused ARPG (Action Roleplaying game) with a lean towards eccentric humour, it looks like pretty alright for that trailer!

MC Escher the game, but with prettier colours. (This is a seemingly weird freaky puzzle game)

This is a game explaining to Millenials what the ancient relic called a Taxi is (You're a taxi driver to solve a murder mystery!)

I'm pretty sure this is anime, but I am not an expert

A resource management game about a creating an automated restaurant! Programing your machinery and puzzle solving involved as well. This game will be released on July 25th 2019 (7/25/2019 or 25/7/2019)

Another anime thing but this time it's like a different type of anime game involving mystery stuff except I think you have sex with everything(?)
This game releases on July 31st 2019 (7/31/2019 or 31/7/2019)

That's all for now, I'll try to do a lot better on posting stuff that gets released to GOG in here.

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Time for an update!

This one is one of the cooler ones being mentioned today a FPS Warhammer 40k game

I think Mission Force Cyberstorm deserves to get mentioned on its own because its an older game (So hurray for more older games getting their chance to shine again) plus its a sierra title! Not to mention its got robots!

Demetrios is a silly Point&Click Adventure game

Nowhere Prohpet is a unique twist on a singleplayer card/deck building game while you go on an adventure through a dangerous land

If you buy this you can disprove the moon landings, I read it on the internet

DLC for the Amazing Underrail game, doesn't really need a huge explanation or anything

Design and build automated restaurants, then program them to run like well-oiled machines!

Monolith is a top down action shooter with procedurally generated elements.

A boy? A Monster? A Cursed Kingdom? SPoOoKY! I have no idea!

One of the really cool Warhammer games finally added to GOG

Imagine little tiny dioramas of vikings fighting with you looking down on them as watch from above, it's a really cool visual style for this game that just got added to GOG!

According to GOG reviews it's a lot like if you mooshed together Prince of persia and fable so that sounds pretty cool

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Time for an update!

According to GOG reviews it's a lot like if you mooshed together Prince of persia and fable so that sounds pretty cool
That's an interesting way to describe it that I'm not sure I agree with, but I'm glad it's on gog. it deserves more love

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Now that the latest update for GALAXY 2.0 beta is out, the Battle.net integration finally works after many errors.

And if anyone wants to add me, my username is JMTHEFOX.

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
That's an interesting way to describe it that I'm not sure I agree with, but I'm glad it's on gog. it deserves more love
Well as I had never played I just did a quick looky loo at some reviews on it and saw those and went "I'll go with that"

Maybe they meant the first prince of persia

Now that the latest update for GALAXY 2.0 beta is out, the Battle.net integration finally works after many errors.

And if anyone wants to add me, my username is JMTHEFOX.
Yeah I've liked everything about GOG Galaxy 2.0 so far its pretty great, Im just too dumb to know how to do the manually added non supported clients so like the Twitch client, Itch,io and a bunch of other ones i cant add yet

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Fire Warrior, interesting. It's an odd one, it doesn't do anything really wrong but it's just eh, regardless of how much i like 40K and want a 40K FPS this was only ever eh. It will have aged a fair bit and there's a ton of hit-scan if i remember right which winds me right up and i don't think any of the bullet hits felt right, just flat. The lore and all that is there and interesting but the game itself...

It's eh.

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
This one is kind of funny to me since it says "coming soon" but that soon is in a year.

It's one of the ones that got bought to another store front but it was previously only mentioned only ever coming to steam eventually, but hey it's coming to GOG as well

Reactions: Deleted member 113

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Half tempted to post in that announcement thread that
'If our money wasnt good enough for them in 2019, i dont see why i ahould support this title or any of their other future titles any time soon'.
If my money could only go to gog itself id think about it

Reactions: Tizoc

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
How are you liking RAGE?

Been playing typing games, mostly. Type Defense, and getting into Epistory now. Like them both! And just installed Witcher 3 and DOOM (2016) this past week gonna crack those open soon.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit! Even managed to get some co-op and multiplayer games going.

Reactions: dummmyy
OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
How do you guys manage to get battle.net to connect in gog2?
I've got it working on my end but everything I've read is that it's really finicky and although I have it working it will randomly disconnect and not work

Reactions: Le Pertti

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I hope they add windows store/game pass install and download functionality very soon.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I have a problem with trying to use the battle.net plugin for galaxy 2. I have macOS Catalina and it has some issues with security, meaning it's too strict.XD

The thing is, the "open anyway" doesn't work since it's not an actual app and doing it again from gog2 it just shows the same message.

Anyone familiar with Macs and how I can bypass that?

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
My thing I had to continually update me on releases sort of broke (I don't chain check the GOG frontpage since it doesn't like update daily)

So here's some highlights, if I missed things... my bad!

Also there's currently a weekend sale

Well it has 15 hours ~ as of this post left

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
To celebrate completing over 2 million wishes from its Community Wishlist and to show appreciation for gamers’ engagement with the program, GOG.COM is holding a special Games Come True Sale, featuring over 250 deals with savings of up to -75%.
They've basically got a giant sale going on and they talk up a bit how neat their community wish feature is (It is pretty cool)

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

Just shouting this out here that this is free on GOG since they released a new trailer for the sequel, beyond just coming to "PC" it isn't known what shops it's coming to so whatever

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
They signed exclusivity with Apple, so it’s Apple Arcade (iOS, iPadOS, macOS and tvOS) for now. So maybe they don’t need to sign any more?

Ahahaha, who am I kidding?

Reactions: lashman
OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Its coming soon news, and the actual store page:
Very excited for this one because it's a completely new title done by spiderweb software which is essentially just Jeff Vogel, all of the RPGs they do are great (well I think they are) and this one was able to get a lot of funding from a kickstarter campaign and reach more of its stretch goals so it's a lot more ambitious than his previous games (Not to say that those ones were bad or lacked ambition)
Either way it looks like it's coming out Sept 11th 2019 according to twitter(I can only assume thats the same date for steam/GOG/Where ever else) and a lot later to mobile devices

Loria is essentially a tribute to classic fantasy RTS games with modernized controls, it even has a demo on the store page

A FMV game! It's from the same people that brought you Her Story!

Very neat FPS made in the Build Engine! Check a look!

I've seen shorter

Very neat game and the developer deserves props for standing up to a dumptruck full of money, not to mention the game is actually really good for their first game ever!

Latest and greatest game from Daedalic Entertainment so you know it's going to be great either way

And... some other games

Normally I've been trying to avoid posting stuff that's like insanely far out but I figured this one was kind of worth posting about on its own.
I also just learned about this one having a store page a second ago for GOG.

Iron Harvest is a real-time strategy game (RTS) set in the alternate reality of 1920+, just after the end of the Great War. The Game lets you control giant dieselpunk mechs.
Tradition clashes with scientific and technological progress, while Europe is still recovering from the brutal battles of the World War. Cities are being rebuilt and in the countryside, the era of the Iron Harvest has begun. Farmers are uncovering the remains of the majestic walking machines that had fought on the battlefields of the Great War.
Kind of cool, it wasn't even known if it was going to be on steam up until like last week with the whole epic shenanigans so that's neat its going up on other places too

Last edited:
OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Alright its that time again

Start off with this:

If you use/are in the beta for GOG Galaxy 2.0 you might find this one cool
A list of (Unofficially supported additions you can integrate into the client) this is pretty straight forward for how to do it its like drag and drop into an integration folder sort of deal

RELEASES:

Hey it's a Spiders game on GOG! Besides a pinball game! Woohoo! (It literally just got released today, as in 9/4/2019 or 4/9/2019 depending on where you live
My friend keeps playing this non stop and telling me how great it is, but wont buy me a copy of it. It's like a crazy tower defense rts zombie thing. It's just great

IF you want a couch co-op game this is your go to for something new that just came out

I've heard nothing but good things about this! It's cute and charming and is one of those games that makes me wish I had more money than sense.

PREORDER:

COMING SOON:

According to its steam page it says it will be released on September 19th 2019, it looks sort of like a FTL like game. Very cool.

It's pretty much a point and click game where you think your life is boring as shit but its the total opposite you just dont realize it because you're too busy pointing out how bored you are. (It looks really fun) No set date in stone.

It has this like badass demon baby that tries to murder you. Sep 10, 2019 is what the steam page says, so soon hopefully for GOG.

No official date for this bad boy

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Figured I'd mention this:

It's a new weekly sale featuring mostly japanese games but some of the games don't really go on sale a lot so if they're your cup of tea then it's probably a good idea to check a look!

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
With the latests update to GOG Galaxy 2 it seems like it's going the way I wanted, that I can use the client as a general database of all games I've owned and played. I hope they fully embrace that aspect of it and make it more community oriented, like being able to make more elaborate profiles, lists and such and being able to check out each other profiles.

OP
Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
With the latests update to GOG Galaxy 2 it seems like it's going the way I wanted, that I can use the client as a general database of all games I've owned and played. I hope they fully embrace that aspect of it and make it more community oriented, like being able to make more elaborate profiles, lists and such and being able to check out each other profiles.
Hey speaking of that, the latest update was big enough to quantify them making a youtube video about it!

It's actually pretty cool

Although their search is NEAT it isnt't perfect

Case and point is if you search for Ultima it just shows up 20-22 items and even exclude some of the ultima games but if you search for Ultim it will show like 170 items, and show pretty much every ultima game

So yeah still a work in progress