News Guinness World Records Holder for World's Biggest Games Collection has Games Stolen by Journalists Sent to Interview Him

BAN PUNCHER

CUNT OF PERSONALITY
Sep 19, 2018
The current Guinness World Records Holder for the Biggest Video Games Collection in the World, Joel Hopkins from Melbourne Australia, has revealed in a new video posted to his YouTube channel Last Gamer that nine 'high priced games' had gone missing after journalists had been welcomed into his home to interview him regarding his impressive personal library of software and hardware that he has amassed over many decades.

(The segment being referred to begins at 11:29)

"I used to bring people into my games room...unfortunately, I've had things stolen" Hopkins stated when he was asked by regular viewers of his YouTube channel if his collection was open to the public to come and view. "And I have to tell you it really breaks your heart..."

"I've welcomed people into the house - now these are just not strangers, we're talking people who have come...to interview me...and I'm not talking some small interviewee, I'm talking magazines...television."

"It's got to the point where I've had to now ban people from coming...I get questions all the time 'Hey it's such-and-such from IGN, we'd love to come and do an interview with you'. Sorry. Policy now is no one's allowed in here anymore."

Recently, WWE Superstars AJ Styles, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods, who are noted video game enthusiasts themselves, visited Hopkins at his home whilst touring Australia. Woods even hosts his own popular video game YouTube channel UpUpDownDown and has recently appeared as a playable character in Bomberman R, Konami's latest entry in the series. Videos posted to both Woods and Hopkins channels showed the three wrestlers being introduced to Joel's family at his home and then taken on a tour through the massive collection of old through new console, computer and arcade games. Hopkins stated in his new video that this was an exception to the new policy.

"After that I said to [my wife] Mandy 'That's it, we've got to shut the doors'. That was a big exemption and there was only three of them. Not that they would have taken anything." Hopkins said.

"I'm not going to name names - not at all" Hopkins continued. "I don't really have proof but when nine games go missing and they're high priced games well you start working out..."

Hopkins then ended the segment on a lighter note, stating that he intended to bring a 'Virtual Tour' of the collection to his audience.

xist

Healing...
Nov 14, 2018
I do wonder why he'd leave people he'd never met alone with his high price stuff though. I certainly wouldn't....

Reactions: lashman

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
That's heartbreaking to hear when high priced games go missing. It's absolutely devastating for the guy, & I hope he can find a way to replace or find them.

As for interviews & the like, I think he should consider only accepting interviews outside his game room while supplying images on his behalf to prevent theft & the like.

I feel there's another work around to this, but this is the best I can come up with.

Kuroyume

Spokes for the Wheel of Torment
Oct 21, 2018
Pretty bold to steal from someone after being invited to their home. Wtf

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
With that many games, I wonder how you even notice a title missing. Very unfortunate though, bringing in people who you would hope you can trust.

SSPssp

MetaMember
Nov 2, 2018
Man that sucks! I've seen some of his videos; amazing collection. Hope he gets them back somehow.