News Homeworld 3 - Development News and Updates

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Homeworld is a pretty unique and fun RTS series I've liked for a long time, so here is a thread of News and Updates as we approach apparent Q4 2022 launch.

- "Gameplay First Look - Trailer"

- Ship damage effects:

- Railgun frigate:

- Music snipits released from Homeworld 3:

- (NEW 05JAN2022) A look at Homeworld 3, music focusing on the central Adagio piece

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah love the original game, never finished Deserts Of Kharak though, should do that some time.

Reactions: Prodigy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Great timing, I just installed the remastered versions for my first time playing the series.

Reactions: Stevey
OP
Nzyme

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Great timing, I just installed the remastered versions for my first time playing the series.
Nice.
You should make sure you install a mod called "Players Patch" as it fixes a few bugs the games campaign has in HW1 that a remenants of the conversion to HW2 styled engine. You can find it as one of the top rated Workshop mods. Simply subscribe and you are good to go.

Reactions: Stevey and Prodigy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Nice.
You should make sure you install a mod called "Players Patch" as it fixes a few bugs the games campaign has in HW1 that a remenants of the conversion to HW2 styled engine. You can find it as one of the top rated Workshop mods. Simply subscribe and you are good to go.
Thanks, the first thing I did was check for essential mods or fixes (any game I do this now tbh). From what I saw the first game had issues moving to the new engine and broke either formations or abilities. I didn't go deeper than installing that mod, so if you know of any others, let me know.

OP
Nzyme

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks, the first thing I did was check for essential mods or fixes (any game I do this now tbh). From what I saw the first game had issues moving to the new engine and broke either formations or abilities. I didn't go deeper than installing that mod, so if you know of any others, let me know.
Nothing else. I think you just need to remember to use the "mod" section in the launcher, to select the HW campaign you'll be playing and also move the mod to the active column so the game uses it when you start.

Reactions: Prodigy

chrominance

Oct 3, 2021
I've been meaning to play through the remastered games before HW3 and I knew about the formation/ballistic issues in HW1 but didn't know about the bugfix mod so thanks for that!