News Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition - Coming to Steam in Summer 2020, published by Playstation Mobile

Sygmaelle

Sep 8, 2019
Man I've been replaying it on a 4k - HDR set and honeslty the difference between it and SDR is fucking MINDBLOWING.

It really changes everything, do yourself a favor guys and play it in HDR only, its going to be so ridiculous on pc. Looks so goddamn dull in sdr

Reactions: Shahem and lashman

Shahem

Jan 26, 2020
Man I've been replaying it on a 4k - HDR set and honeslty the difference between it and SDR is fucking MINDBLOWING.

It really changes everything, do yourself a favor guys and play it in HDR only, its going to be so ridiculous on pc. Looks so goddamn dull in sdr
That's assuming HDR support is in. In the past we have seen console games skipping HDR on PC, like the recently released (and very competent port by the way) Detroit Become Human.

Likewise I'm not expecting the checkerboard solution to make the cut, either and that's a shame because PC is THE platform where scalability makes the most sense and CBR is very useful for those on 4k displays who want an IQ relatively close to the real deal.

Sygmaelle

Sep 8, 2019
Any tips for a good HDR display that wouldn't bankrupt me?
I'm so so sorry for the delay ! where do you live at ? usually Rtings.com and HDTVTest this channel are more than enough to do some cross referencing

Was playing Horizon on a Samsung Q85R. But like seriously, its beyond ridiculous with HDR on. Same with some other titles such as Detroit, GTS etc like its night and day

Last edited:

nordschatten

May 5, 2019
Austria
www.nordschatten.com
I'm so so sorry for the delay ! where do you live at ? usually Rtings.com and HDTVTest this channel are more than enough to do some cross referencing

Was playing Horizon on a Samsung Q85R. But like seriously, its beyond ridiculous with HDR on. Same with some other titles such as Detroit, GTS etc like its night and day
No problem! I'm in Austria. Going out and buying stuff isnt really an option with everything close due to the Coronavirus pandemic, but I will look into this once things go back to normal; and thank you for your tips!

Shahem

Jan 26, 2020
I wonder what API will be used on PC. I seem to recall Decima having a Vulkan backend for production, could be really great for Vulkan to have AAA games running on it.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I wonder what API will be used on PC. I seem to recall Decima having a Vulkan backend for production, could be really great for Vulkan to have AAA games running on it.
i imagine it's gonna be the same one as Death Stranding ... which is coming out before HZD, i believe(?) ... so we'll know then :)

Reactions: Shahem

Shahem

Jan 26, 2020
i imagine it's gonna be the same one as Death Stranding ... which is coming out before HZD, i believe(?) ... so we'll know then :)
Guess so. Though it has not been confirmed it would seem Guerrilla are doing the PC version, it does not look like it's been outsourced.

Vulkan makes sense in this day and age for high end games.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Guess so. Though it has not been confirmed it would seem Guerrilla are doing the PC version, it does not look like it's been outsourced.

Vulkan makes sense in this day and age for high end games.
yeah ... either that or opengl

Reactions: Shahem