Deals Hungry to see the Epic conclusion to 11 years of world building, Psyonix enters the Endgame.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
God returned morningbus to us, but only to report on the slow Epic consumption of that which we hold holy.

That’s some Old Testament shit.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That response from Psyonix about them not announcing anything about the removal of the game on Steam... just reads like "please continue buying our game and dlc".
that's basically what it is

i can 100% guarantee you that the ONLY reason they haven't put it up on egs yet is that they don't have ANY of the backend stuff to support all the things RL does with steam (inventory, workshop, leaderboards, stats, etc.) .... if they already had all of that - RL would've been gone from steam yesterday

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
that's basically what it is

i can 100% guarantee you that the ONLY reason they haven't put it up on egs yet is that they don't have ANY of the backend stuff to support all the things RL does with steam (inventory, workshop, leaderboards, stats, etc.) .... if they already had all of that - RL would've been gone from steam yesterday
Yeah, I actually think the review bombing on this is warranted, people should be warned about the uncertain future of the game and how it relates to steam.

Reactions: lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
They did this only to move Rocket League from Steam at some point in the future, didn't they?
I could respect Epic for buying a talented team to make first party Epic games. I'd still hold a grudge against them, but that would be a shift in tactics that I would be willing to accept. I doubt that's the case here though. Psyonix didn't pitch a great game idea to them and Epic thought:"cool let's invest into that!", they didn't buy them to give Psyonix one of their own IPs. Epic's PR would be all over the place in those scenarios. This is just about hurting Steam and the PC market. I'm starting to despise Epic.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This is just about hurting Steam and the PC market.
correct ....

aside from RL they only made Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Monster Madness: Grave Danger ... and Nosgoth

so ... yeah

Reactions: ISee
OP
morningbus

morningbus

taskmaster
Dec 8, 2018
God returned morningbus to us, but only to report on the slow Epic consumption of that which we hold holy.

That’s some Old Testament shit.
I was going to say Book of Revelations, but I don't know who the Anti-Bus is.

Reactions: lashman

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
I'm honestly curious how much of the rocket league userbase will move over to egs