News Indiana Jones - announced by Betheda, in development at Machine Games

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Machine Games - Very nice, haven't let me down yet. Long way off from the looks of it.:crying-face:

Reactions: dummmyy

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
First person whip traversal seems like a worthy problem to tackle. Mirrors Edge Catalyst did a bad version of that if I remember correctly.

I guess Machine Games got the job because of their expertise in shooting nazis.

Reactions: lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Until it's released, the specter of the cancelled Euphoria-engine game looms large with me.
Intrigued but hype in check. Also, it won't have Harrison Ford - unless someone can convince him.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Fantastic news.

I can already imagine the game. It'll be full of action and shooting just like their usual games, but now in 3rd person with puzzles and cinematic cutscenes. Since it'll be a more action focused game with lots of set pieces, there won't be lots of crafting and collectathon like the newer Tomb Raider games either. Basically, this is Microsoft's answer to Uncharted.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I think Nazi-killing with a supernatural edge appeals to me more than Nazi-killing in an alternate history with a more scifi flavour.

I don't mind if it's third or first person, honestly. But being in first person may give them carte blanche to side-step the Harrison Ford likeness question.