News Introducing Imperator: Rome | The Building of Rome

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Imperator: Rome releases April 25 - Travel back in time to the classical era with The Building of Rome series. Join Johan Andersson (Creative Director), Fredrik Toll (Art Director) and Rodrigue Delrue (Community Manager) and discover the world of Imperator: Rome. Ten years after the last time Paradox Development Studio touched the classical era.

This first episode provides you an overview of Imperator: Rome – the new historical grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studio and Johan Andersson. Imperator drops you into the classical world a decade after the death of Alexander the Great, just before the start of the Punic Wars. Players are challenged to build a grand empire and tell their own epic stories in a complex geopolitical situation, surrounded by internal and external threats. After ten years without touching the classical era, Paradox Development Studio returns to this epic setting.

Reactions: Blizniak

zonk

Mar 29, 2019
Pretty good ratings! 84 on Opencritic right now. Imperator: Rome for PC Reviews

Steam reviews are not that happy, but seems like many people are affected by startup crashes ,I can see why that's frustrating.

Did anyone follow this game close enough to compare it with EU4 and CK2? I'm a noob at all of them :)

Koz

Apr 17, 2019
I love the reviews that say "I have 3000-4000 hours in Paradox games and this one sucks" after less than 3 hours of playtime. Uh huh, suuuure.

I'll pick this up eventually, need to get through some backlog first.

Chris

Chris
Dec 10, 2018
www.luchalabs.com
From people I trust this seems to be a good base but seems to be missing 'something' to make it excellent, which will no doubt be covered in the DLC released.

Reactions: lashman

Koz

Apr 17, 2019
Yeah it does seem like a standard Paradox release: great base, but not all that fleshed out.

Chris

Chris
Dec 10, 2018
www.luchalabs.com
10 years ago I could forgive Paradox for this kind of release, but times are different now. I don't seem them being that small plucky publisher with niche games that I can give time to grow. Just comes across as standard practice for them now to fleece knowing their loyal fanbase will buy in to the games. HOI 4 and EU 4 were really bad for poor DLC additions.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019

anyone tried this after all the patches?
I have not tried it, but I heard from people who play the newer versions and they quite like it.
The changes in the first year where absolutely massive (e.g. Paradox patched out the 'Mana point' system).

Reactions: prudis