Community Kickstarter & Crowdfunding projects discussion thread

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Chrono Trigger Composer Yasunori Mitsuda joins the party!

This is not a stretch goal, and certainly not a drill.

In a turn of events we have yet to let sink in, the master himself is joining Sea of Stars as a guest composer.

By contributing his legendary musical genius to the project, he will help convey the depth of this fantasy world's story while ensuring its nostalgic roots are paid proper homage. Being such an inspiration for all of us, Mitsuda represents exactly what Sea of Stars needed to feel truly whole.

Once again huge thanks to all our backers, your excitement for our project has been heard world-wide.

Stay tuned, for as soon as we gather our thoughts and ensure we are not dreaming, we will be announcing the final Stretch Goal, something we were meaning to work on for the game post-launch all along, but would love to include for free to our backers.

Reactions: lashman and prudis

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

Looks interesting. Korean indie developers with nice sprite work. Combat needs some work.

This comic strip about the developers history was a pretty nice read as well

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Eiyuden Kickstarter ended yesterday reaching over 4.5 million dollars

They also announced a last minute stretch goal. A companion game made by NatsumeAtari, not that Natsume that's based in USA. This game will be something like a resource gathering game. All materials gathered will then be transferred to Eiyuden

For some reason I never got any mail from Kickstarter that this project would be ending within 48 hours. Almost missed it

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I also almost forgot about backing it.
I'm not particularly enthused about the whole "companion game" concept with kickstarters (Japanese ones in particular) to be honest, I'm backing the KS because I want that game which is being pitched to be made, not some other game which ties into it.

Reactions: QFNS

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I was tempted to back it too but I was burned way too many times by the Japanese legendary dev + crowdfunding combo. I'll definitely pick it up when it launches if the game turns out to be good though.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I wonder how they plan to allow backers to purchase the companion game because I saw them saying they were asking folks who want the companion game to increase their backing by like $7 US (I forget how many Yen), to handle creating the key for it on consoles. They then later in the same email said they would have some way for backers to make this add-on later. Curious how that will happen.

Not sure if I want to play that game yet, though since we know nothing about it other than its made by NatsumeAtari (are they the Harvest Moon folks?), I have no idea if I want it or not.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I wonder how they plan to allow backers to purchase the companion game because I saw them saying they were asking folks who want the companion game to increase their backing by like $7 US (I forget how many Yen), to handle creating the key for it on consoles. They then later in the same email said they would have some way for backers to make this add-on later. Curious how that will happen.
They'll probably use Backerkit or similar platforms and set it as an add-on.

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
Eiyuden Kickstarter ended yesterday reaching over 4.5 million dollars

They also announced a last minute stretch goal. A companion game made by NatsumeAtari, not that Natsume that's based in USA. This game will be something like a resource gathering game. All materials gathered will then be transferred to Eiyuden

For some reason I never got any mail from Kickstarter that this project would be ending within 48 hours. Almost missed it
Crap, I messed around too much and forgot to back Eiyuden. I'll join in if it starts opening up to pledges again, but otherwise I'll look forward to the final product.