Community Kickstarter & Crowdfunding projects discussion thread

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
So Supraland 1 not doing too well to cover expenses for the sequel? Or is it just used as additional "free" money and exposure?

Deleted member 113

So Supraland 1 not doing too well to cover expenses for the sequel? Or is it just used as additional "free" money and exposure?
Probably the later. And, to take "advantage" of the recent success to reduce the risk of funding the next game.

I really don't have a problem with that. It's better than when developers say "I can totally make this highly complex game in 6 months, for 5.000€". :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Deleted member 113

prudis I've been cutting back drastically on crowdfunding campaigns, after my share of bad experiences (including Phoenix Point and Shenmue III), but those two look so good, I ended up backing both. ;)

Reactions: lashman and prudis

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Deleted member 113

Once again, I post about a campaign that isn't gaming related.

Another of Larry Blamire's films is getting the Blu-Ray HD treatment, with a short 1 week long campaign now up to help fund the effort, and some new content:

If you don't know his films, you really should check them out, they are hilarious, loving tributes to classic genre efforts, frequently featuring older actors from 50's/60's Hollywood.

This one features the now sadly departed Kevin McCarthy, Dick Miller, and James Karen.

Reactions: lashman
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Heh I ended up being backer #100

Code:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/blubber-busters-a-run-gun-2d-action-platformer--2#/
There's a playable demo. At least spread the word about it if you can ^^;

Deleted member 113

And here's another non-gaming crowdfunding campaign.
This one is to fund a blu-ray release for the documentary Sad Hill Unearthed.

The tier that includes a copy of the BD is affordable, and the documentary is well worth a watch, for those who enjoy the spaghetti westerns of Sergio Leone:

Code:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sad-hill-unearthed-international-blu-ray--2

Reactions: lashman and Eferis

Deleted member 113

Here's a campaign from an Italian team looking to fund further episodes of an adventure series.
Episodes 1 and 2 of the game + a Christmas mini-episode are available as a free download on their kickstarter page:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I'm still waiting for Double Fine to ask their backers' names for the Psychonauts 2 credits. They haven't done that yet, right? I wouldn't want to miss that.

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

This game looks really cool:

It's from a pixel artist that worked on titles such as Lionheart, The Misadventures of Flink, The Adventures of Lomax, Shantae: Risky’s Revenge and Contra 4.

The composer of the game is Manami Matsumae (Mega Man 1 and 2, Final Fight, Magic Sword, ...).

Reactions: lashman and Blu

Deleted member 113

prudis I forgot to post about that one. ;)

I backed the game on a first, failed, campaign, and now they are back.

The updates that these developers have been posting are quite informative and extensive (I have campaigns I backed that never posted, in all of their updates, as much information as a single update from these guys :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:).

Reactions: prudis

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Looks janky af but I can't help but find it endearing, one crazy dude seems to be doing it all by himself so far, from mechanics to models/levels to 2D animation.

Yeah it's not gonna make it at that pace, sucks. I don't think any big sites have given him much of a mention yet. Edit: they cancelled and will redo the KS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
This game looks really cool:

It's from a pixel artist that worked on titles such as Lionheart, The Misadventures of Flink, The Adventures of Lomax, Shantae: Risky’s Revenge and Contra 4.

The composer of the game is Manami Matsumae (Mega Man 1 and 2, Final Fight, Magic Sword, ...).
I want to back this but I don't see them mentioning online co-op and I'm kinda wary it won't deliver. Guess I'll just wait if it reaches the initial goal.

Reactions: Deleted member 113