|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
With the steam sale ending and numerous events (Ubisoft, Xbox etc) coming up, the feeling of lacking a Nintendo E3 Direct starts to feel real.

Come on Nintendo. I don't need a full direct. Just show me Breath of the Wild 2.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Still unsure about picking up Tsushima next week. Would really be in the mood for a checklist open-world game but it costs 70 fucking €. Also would be nice to see some games on my OLED since the only game I really played on it is Dragon Quest 3. But then again I only have a PS4 launch model so eh. Still a week to think about

With the steam sale ending and numerous events (Ubisoft, Xbox etc) coming up, the feeling of lacking a Nintendo E3 Direct starts to feel real.

Come on Nintendo. I don't need a full direct. Just show me Breath of the Wild 2.
There is supposed to be one this month

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Still unsure about picking up Tsushima next week. Would really be in the mood for a checklist open-world game but it costs 70 fucking €. Also would be nice to see some games on my OLED since the only game I really played on it is Dragon Quest 3. But then again I only have a PS4 launch model so eh. Still a week to think about

There is supposed to be one this month
Don't brick and Mortar stores compete on release day where you are? Usually games release at $90-$100 dollarydoos or around 55-60 euros. But on release day they go hard and you usually get them for $65-$69, so 40+ euros. This is why I'm scared of the console digital future with only a single store.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im getting Tsushima on a sale. Don't wanna pay full price for yet another open world game and Tsushima doesn't look very different from the others on the market with the exception for the setting.

I also like to use cheat to add resources in open world games and I can't be bothered to pay full price for an open world game on a platform that doesn't allow me to use cheats.

Reactions: ISee

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Don't brick and Mortar stores compete on release day where you are? Usually games release at $90-$100 dollarydoos or around 55-60 euros. But on release day they go hard and you usually get them for $65-$69, so 40+ euros. This is why I'm scared of the console digital future with only a single store.
The last time I checked was FFVIIR and for that everyone around here had the same price of 69,99€. Might be different now that stores want to get us to consume again and vat is temporarily reduced but not holding my hopes up much

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Not sure where else to ask this, but I'm looking to finally sell my PS3 - it's basically taking up space on my shelf and I can in theory play a lot of my games via rpsc3 so I have little reason to keep it around. I assume EB wouldn't even take it at this point so I'd be stuck with Kijiji or local retro places?

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Not sure where else to ask this, but I'm looking to finally sell my PS3 - it's basically taking up space on my shelf and I can in theory play a lot of my games via rpsc3 so I have little reason to keep it around. I assume EB wouldn't even take it at this point so I'd be stuck with Kijiji or local retro places?
You should at least try EB.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Ghost of Tsushima reviews are out. Scored ranges from 6-9/10 with a quick observation. A lot of reviewers says that the game is good yet it also feels like yet another open-world game, which is what I was afraid of. Will pick up on sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Paper Mario looks fun. I am not one of those diehard TTYD fans so I have been pretty excited towards it. But $50 (its price at my place) is still pretty steep. I will wait and get a used copy instead.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I think I have only grabbed 2 games for my Switch this year, Animal Crossing (CDKeys) and Voez (sale)
2 games on PS4, Concrete Genie (finished the day I bought it) and TLOU 2
None on Xbox.

I feel like the current console exclusives are not enough interesting that I can wait forever on a sale.

Currently I am thinking about getting Medievil on PSN (50% sale), but not sure. Never played Medievil before.

The lack of console gaming from me is due to being able to wait "forever" on a good sale and having so many games I wanna play on PC Im not interested in buying games on console. Like every time I see a console exclusive game on sale on console, like Medievil is currently, I want to buy it, but then I check my Steam library and feel that I can wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
The lack of console gaming from me is due to being able to wait "forever" on a good sale and having so many games I wanna play on PC Im not interested in buying games on console. Like every time I see a console exclusive game on sale on console, like Medievil is currently, I want to buy it, but then I check my Steam library and feel that I can wait.
Me too. I have no motivation to buy any games on Switch soon. Prices are higher compared with Steam and I have a backlog on both steam and switch to tackle.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I’d play more on Switch if the performance and image quality was there. It’s primarily become a 2D indie machine for me, which is fine but it’s a bummer that devs seem to try to squeeze more out of it than it can handle. Nintendo gets it right most of the time. Others less so.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have a bunch of gold coins expiring at the end of this month and I have trouble finding anything that Im interested in enough, that I think is "worthy" of my gold coins and that I know won't go on sale anytime soon and that won't be released on other platforms.

Im eyeing

Shinsekai (but is publisher by CapCom so it might release on PC sometime)
Fast RMX (had it on my wishlist for years, but Im not particularly interested)
Picross S
Good Job (recently released, published by Nintendo)

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I didn’t love Fast RMX all that much. The rubber banding was quite intense iirc and the courses were kind of frustrating. Very pretty, flawless performance and a great sense of speed though.

Picross S is fantastic. Though I would get whatever is the latest one, because it has more content even though it’s the same price as S1.

• Love
Reactions: NarohDethan
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Picked up Picross S mainly because it was the cheapest and I only wanted to use the amount of gold coins that would expire, saving the rest for another time I need them.

Don't even know if I will like it (never played a Picross game before) so even if I don't it's not a big deal, I just needed something I was somewhat interested in and didnt' go over the amount of coins that would expire.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Picked up Picross S mainly because it was the cheapest and I only wanted to use the amount of gold coins that would expire, saving the res tfor another time I need them.

Don't even know if I will like it (never played a Picross game before) so even if I don't it's not a big deal, I just needed something I was somewhat interested in and didnt' go over the amount of coins what would expire.
Congrats on the (digital) crack.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
well this is weird, a lot of the Danganronpa games on PSN are being pulled from purchase soon

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
So the Vita games and the PS4 V3? Could that be a licensing issue? Publisher change?
It only mentions NIS America, does the japanese site mention anything?

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I gues they are just gonna change publisher. So they will reappear.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Spike Chunsoft probably taking over publishing duties.

Last edited:
Reactions: NarohDethan

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Good thing I already bought those games on Vita years ago and haven’t played them yet :upside-down-face:

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Thinking that after Im done with Death Stranding on PC (will take a while) I will go through my Xbox backlog. It's not that many, so I kinda just wanna be done with it. It mostly consists of backwards compatible (BC) games that are not officially playable on PC.

My Xbox is these days pretty much a BC and game pass machine.

Other than that between my Switch, PS4 and XboneX, my Switch is still the most in use when Im not playing on PC or a handheld (I use my Switch 90% docked).

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Regarding Picross, I don't think I've spent a month not playing at least a little bit of Picross for years and years now. And that's mainly the Jupiter-made games. They're the one time waster I consistently enjoy engaging with. I don't really truck with Mega Picross all that much, but even primarily playing the regular ones I've got 20-30 hours on the Switch games. I had a look at the final Clip Picross puzzle in S2 earlier, and it's absolutely mad. There are like 60 puzzles of varying sizes there. Wild. Once I've wrapped that up, I'll have done all the regular puzzles and clips. I think I might just pull out my 3DS instead of getting S4 though. I still have plenty of unfinished business there between the E series, that Zelda picross game, the Pokemon one and Mario's Picross.

Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
So... several insiders on the other forum are very confident that a Nintendo direct is happening today.

Please be true. :cat-heart-blob:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
wonder how close its gonna be to the 4ch leak
Don't know which leak you are referring to (there are too many of them). I would be very happy if they can show the rumored mario collection. Zelda would be kinda an extra bonus, but I am not confident that they will show it.