|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
virgin gamers online crying about no new metroid.

chad nintendo putting out one animal crossing title that outsold the entire metroid franchise 😆

• Sad
Reactions: Rogue Agent

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
seems so random too. i have 4 launch joycons and never had an issue with them all this time but friends that bought a switch as recently as last year had issues within a month.
Yeah that's also what's baffling about it.

at least noa replaces them for free but at some point someone there has to be noticing that this is an issue. hopefully it's changed their controller design focus or something, like you said.
Let's hope so. I think in Europe, Nintendo doesn't replace them for free just like that unless you escalate it with their customer service. Well, we'll see with this new model.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Finished TLOU2. Magnificent game. PPL who didn't like it are just dumb. That's about all the energy I have for those types.

TLOU2 is a game that makes you think. Go back to bang bang shoot shoot CoD if you don't like it.

Moved on to Ghost of Tsushima. Whatta downgrade from TLOU2 in terms of visuals, my goodness, this game looks like a PS3 game by comparison. I might fire up Witcher 3 on my PC just to compare. even TLOU2, Uncharted (both Naughty Dog) and HZD were able to hide their 30 fps in clever ways. GoT is literally chugging as I'm riding my horse, lol.

I'll muscle through it. It's game for Japanophiles, after all.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
haven't played 2 since i don't have a ps4 but tlou1 had one of the best endings of any game i've played, even if i didn't completely enjoy the entire experience.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Finished TLOU2. Magnificent game. PPL who didn't like it are just dumb. That's about all the energy I have for those types.

TLOU2 is a game that makes you think. Go back to bang bang shoot shoot CoD if you don't like it.

Moved on to Ghost of Tsushima. Whatta downgrade from TLOU2 in terms of visuals, my goodness, this game looks like a PS3 game by comparison. I might fire up Witcher 3 on my PC just to compare. even TLOU2, Uncharted (both Naughty Dog) and HZD were able to hide their 30 fps in clever ways. GoT is literally chugging as I'm riding my horse, lol.

I'll muscle through it. It's game for Japanophiles, after all.
I don't think Im gonna agreed with that people who don't like TLOU 2 are dumb.

However I personally really liked TLOU 2 anways. :p

Im picking up Tsushima once it goes on sale.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
haven't played 2 since i don't have a ps4 but tlou1 had one of the best endings of any game i've played, even if i didn't completely enjoy the entire experience.
See? That's nuance. I can work with that.

I also disliked TLOU, but I appreciated it, if that makes sense. Interesting world and lore. Great non-protag characters, even if their involvement is flawed.

Absolutely cringe protagonist. But I believe that's the point, which is addressed forthwith in TLOU2.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I'll say in brief what I've said many a time.

Both TLOU 1 +2 are very very overhyped.
They are perfectly servicable high budget action adventure games.

That said I very much enjoyed the direction that TLOU1 took with its ending.
I cannot say the same for TLOU2, and then some...

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
No idea what this is about but some nice Saturn love all the same (maybe some Saturn-only novelty store in Japan or something, or a pop up store).
Lovely '90s SEGA widescreen gameplay pictured too.
Lol, died @ the first boss, come on lady :p

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NarohDethan

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Jim_Cacher You'll be pleased to know that as if i didn't have enough to be getting on with my "Launch Edition" copy of PS4 Sakura Wars turned up today after i forgot i'd ordered it last week. Now i definitely need to get my PS4 cleaned up and fix the noise issues i have with the thing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Jim_Cacher You'll be pleased to know that as if i didn't have enough to be getting on with my "Launch Edition" copy of PS4 Sakura Wars turned up today after i forgot i'd ordered it last week. Now i definitely need to get my PS4 cleaned up and fix the noise issues i have with the thing.
PS4 Pro sounding like a jet is one of the reasons why I sold it after completing Sakura Wars. Enjoy the game btw! Expect tons of cliches, weird choices and jokes throughout the game:cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: C-Dub

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
That honestly sounds like the kind of thing i need at the moment. I've got So Long, My Love on Wii but haven't played it for years.

My PS4 is a launch model that i semi-dismantled and cleaned last year but i think i need to give it a full take apart and clean out, replace the thermal paste on the CPU and add some thermal pads on the RAM. I bought the parts a couple of weeks ago but just haven't got around to it. I did put rubber feet on it to raise it up and even it out so i'm not totally lazy.

Reactions: C-Dub and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
That honestly sounds like the kind of thing i need at the moment. I've got So Long, My Love on Wii but haven't played it for years.

My PS4 is a launch model that i semi-dismantled and cleaned last year but i think i need to give it a full take apart and clean out, replace the thermal paste on the CPU and add some thermal pads on the RAM. I bought the parts a couple of weeks ago but just haven't got around to it. I did put rubber feet on it to raise it up and even it out so i'm not totally lazy.
Good luck on the fix! Regarding Sakura Wars, I just think of some hints that may be useful to new players like you:
  • The dialogue option system is called LIPS. Normally you can choose one out of three options within a time limit. Be reminded that there is actually one more option: wait for the time out. Sometimes silence is golden.
  • There is no "right" option, imo. Yes, many often options will raise or reduce affinity, but I feel that how characters response to what you said is way more fun and important.
  • Following the above, your squad mates are young girls ranging from early 10s to 20s. Put into their shoes and think how young girls may response to your actions. Sometimes a "weird" or "bad" option is actually the right answer.
  • You will encounter several "sneaking into bathroom" scenes. It is actually a series tradition and some people may find it creepy while some others think they are hilarious. They are completely optional so you are not required to see any ot them.
  • Most people did not have any good expectation on Azami (the young ninja) before playing the game. But I also know many were surprised by how well=written she is. I hope that you will love her as well.
  • Claris is the best.
  • Sakura Wars is unique in this industry and you can't find anything similar elsewhere. Have fun!

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Sony is still not willing to put MediEvil on a higher discount than 50%. :(

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Started horizon zero dawn and have played a couple of hours so far.

So far so very typical open world title but I'm going to give it a fair shot to see how the experience opens up

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
Ordered a charging grip for my joycons today, it's kinda lame that it isn't included by default in the switch accessories and instead they give away one without the USB-C port, but the small text (at least for me) in TMS #FE is killing my eyes and honestly made my migraine worse these days, first game I tried docked, it looks a bit blurry but much better and my eyes don't hurt anymore after 20 min.

I think I'll play docked from now on, FE3H was my GOTY when it came out and it was still giving me the same issues.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Game Sack have a video up covering the PS Vita and impressions of a bunch of games.

Time to roll this out i suppose.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
doesn't look like there's a disc drive in it. i suppose its meant to lay flat and that big thing is just the same big ass vent/fan as the xsx?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
How's the spec? I remember rumors saying that it is on the level of Xbox one X?

Anyway, good for acting as a backward compatibility and indies machine. People who are not too demanding should be able to enjoy their game pass titles as well.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
newest rumor is that's clocked down versions of xsx hardware that gives the best 1080p experience for next gen. still no real info though.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'd buy one if not because I already have my PC which is basically a 1080p machine.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
newest rumor is that's clocked down versions of xsx hardware that gives the best 1080p experience for next gen. still no real info though.
That's not really a rumor, it just makes sense. They're aiming for 2 different markets, S for 1080p folks and X for people with 4K TVs.

Now, if only they'd also expand their reach to more countries around the globe, they may probably become competitive again with Sony.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Games have never just scaled linearly with resolution though, so while some games might do 1080p where XSX can do 4K, it doesn't make sense that most games could do that. Even moreso with raytracing, unless they plan on having the coarsest, worst raytracing ever on XSS. It'll be scaled down visual fidelity, it'll be lower framerates (or otherwise crippling games to 30Hz because of the LCD...)

It's still damn hard for me to imagine what the Xbox games landscape looks like after a short while, unless they just keep releasing new editions of the Xbox like Apple and a lot of people just have a bad time on older hardware.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019

wow it's very small
We can confirm via our sources that the entry-level Xbox Series S will cost $299 at retail, with a $25 per month Xbox All Access financing option, which Microsoft is planning to push hard via various retailers and a large global roll out. The more powerful Xbox Series X will cost $499, with a $35 per month Xbox All Access financing option.

Both consoles will launch on November 10, 2020.

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
So series S looks like a speaker, Series X looks like a wireless extender and the PS5 looks like an Alienware PC or maybe a really bad looking router. We got some great looking systems coming up.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
This leak basically confirms that PS5 is going to be $499 as well. Pretty good price imo. I may pick one up after finishing Cold Steel 4 next year just to play Hajime no Kiseki as well as any other interesting console exclusives

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Series S is actually really attractive. If Ididn't already play my Xbox games on PC already I would have gotten that or Series X.

Reactions: NarohDethan

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
Games have never just scaled linearly with resolution though, so while some games might do 1080p where XSX can do 4K, it doesn't make sense that most games could do that. Even moreso with raytracing, unless they plan on having the coarsest, worst raytracing ever on XSS. It'll be scaled down visual fidelity, it'll be lower framerates (or otherwise crippling games to 30Hz because of the LCD...)

It's still damn hard for me to imagine what the Xbox games landscape looks like after a short while, unless they just keep releasing new editions of the Xbox like Apple and a lot of people just have a bad time on older hardware.
xcloud, i'm sure there are going to be newer versions but my money is on microsoft intending this to be the last console the "money concious"-segment of the market will feel the need to buy, a sort of stop-gap till xcloud is ready.

By the time series s buyers will get a new 4k tv or the hardware starts to feel old xcloud will be ready to bring higher fidelity 4k reliably via stream and it's bundled with gamepass anyway.

Reactions: warp_

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Wow, it's actually a 1440p machine.

There's no way they're accomplishing it if it's really 1/3rd the power of the XSX. Maybe the cut down SSD allowed them to go 2/3rds or something.

Does seem like the sort of marketing thing you'd do though... "Well hmm 43% as many pixels, 1/3rd is close to that"

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
That looks nice, I saw it in Japanese and wasn't sure if it's BOTW2 at first, the closer involvement of Nintendo shows even though it's still Koei/Musou/Warriors.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
hyrule warriors is one of the better warriors games, though i am biased because i love me some zelda. if this sequel can stand even close to the first it'll be a killer.

Reactions: Echoes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The more I think about it the smarter it is for MS to do a lower power entry console like the S.

They should have enough data to show them that majority of Xbox gamers play Roblox, Fornite and Minecraft. You really don't need a 12tflp machine for all that stuff. Having this 300$ device is a great way to attack that casual market for the next 5 years. Financing it will be a good option too for a lot of broke parents out there who need to pick up gifts for their kids. Gamepass is basically the icing on the cake.

The X will always be there for the hardcore fans and for them to brag about being more powerful than the PS5.

Reactions: Pommes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I went to take a bath and suddenly a Botw prequel was announced.

Day fucking one!!! Such a good idea holy shit. What a great surprise to end the day.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The XSS at that price point is seriously incredible.
I may end up getting one just as a gamepass box and for releases that don't come to PC.
You mean game pass releases that don't come to PC game pass or Xbox exclusives that don't come to PC?