|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
This is my thinking. If it runs BC games as well as the Xbox Series X does, then it's going to be a fantastic legacy Xbox system.
Yup. Personally I don't see myself spending that much money for a Series X.

Reactions: C-Dub
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Considering grabbing MediEvil and Iron Man VR on sale as I assume there's no chance for them hitting PC.

Reactions: Pommes

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Several outside game developers, speaking anonymously as the issue is private, said that Nintendo has asked them to make their games 4K-ready, suggesting a resolution upgrade is on its way.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Yield issues always worry me. It's either gonna cause supply issues, or lots of broken units. By and large we avoided a RROD problem last-gen - will one of the consoles ship fundamentally broken this go around?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I wonder if the GPU part of the PS5 reaching 2.2GHz was a last minute decision to shorten the gap to xsx.
And now they are having trouble finding enough silicon that is able to reliably hit 2.2 GHz while upholding the thermal design limits they envisioned for different performance levels.
I also wonder what this means for their profit margins. XSX being more powerful for a lower price would be an interesting scenario. Or maybe they put themselves into a scenario where they have to eat heavy looses with each PS5 sale. Would they be more interested to release older exclusives on PC in such a scenario?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Okay, unless i'm just not seeing it where did Nintendo say they were going to "cutting edge" hardware in today's presentation?
Everything i've seen so far just suggests they are going to continue looking at new and old technology and using what seems fun and fits with their ideas.
Nothing i've read has me thinking nintendo are going for £500 RTX PCi-e 4.0 Secret Sauce IO with crazy TeraFlops performance like the other two.

Did i miss something obvious?

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Okay, unless i'm just not seeing it where did Nintendo say they were going to "cutting edge" hardware in today's presentation?
Everything i've seen so far just suggests they are going to continue looking at new and old technology and using what seems fun and fits with their ideas.
Nothing i've read has me thinking nintendo are going for £500 RTX PCi-e 4.0 Secret Sauce IO with crazy TeraFlops performance like the other two.

Did i miss something obvious?
It seems like Nintendo just chose a really long-winded way of basically saying that they'll just keep on doing whatever they're doing. You are correct in the sense that they're not going for something really cutting edge that rivals the PS5/Xbox Series and they'll probably just stick to their hybrid model and their partnership with Nvidia.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
So, we're 45 minutes out until the PS5 conference. The battle lines of price and tech will become clear for the first time since this gen was announced.

Is anyone..... you know, actually excited for this. Not just intrigued or curious but certifiably hyped? I'm not. Not even a tiny little bit. I had forgotten what time the announcement was and even convinced myself that I'd heard the price of PS5/PS5:DE was $500/$400.

Maybe its my general low mood eating away, or the weight of years but.... Lets get down to brass tacks; PS4 2.0 is a fantastic business decision that leaves the success of the product completely at the mercy of unknown, unreleased and untested software. No interesting service like gamepass or xcloud, (PSnow is garbage) promises of "advanced controllers" (likely $80 a fucking pop) so revolutionary that all DS4 are disabled in the presence of a DS5 controller. When you've got fanboi's arguing over SSD speeds and acting like a 1oTFP gpu will do any meaningful ray tracing at 4k..... I need to know what games are coming out ASAP and no some cross gen upgrade path digtal delivery who the fuck knows. Nope.

Reactions: ISee

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I've never been less hyped for a console generation than this one.

I'm pretty happy with my Switch as far as consoles go. What Sony does or doesn't do is interesting, but I doubt there's much that will impact my purchase decision at this point.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm curious and interested to see how it all shakes out, the tech is interesting and the spec is high for consoles so this gen will be good for those who game on consoles but am i excited? Not really, i want to see some games and cool stuff before i decide whether to go for a console but there'd have to be some damned fine games for temptation to kick in before next year.

As a techie i'm interested, as a gamer i'm curious but as a customer? Not yet.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
If there's any takeaway from this, it'll be that as next-gen only games are announced, PC system requirements for some of these games come along with it and we can finally see what sort of hardware we'll need.

Reactions: ISee

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I've never been less hyped for a console generation than this one.

I'm pretty happy with my Switch as far as consoles go. What Sony does or doesn't do is interesting, but I doubt there's much that will impact my purchase decision at this point.
I'm completely happy with my PS4. I've got the expanded storage, second controller, a kick'n library with major releases keyed up and a slew of stuff I'm waiting to get. PS5 is coming in to fuck up my console gaming feng shui.

PC and switch sounds like a match made gamer heaven. No need to worry about BC, as the PC is BC and the Switch is zero BC. They don't overlap on the same display, no question of what system to buy which game for..... perfect.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
PC and Switch really is an excellent combo, you're right. But I'm a comfy couch PC gamer so they do overlap on the same screen. I'm also a desktop PC gamer. And a portable device PC gamer. In-home streaming is rad.

But there are some things that Nintendo does so well that owning their hardware is almost always essential for someone who loves great games. I think Switch is their best console ever, and they've released some fantastic games on it.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
PS3 had a line up that convinced me to get a PS4. I even bought one on day one.
PS4 had a good line up, but I started to feel a fatigue after Spiderman and especially Days Gone.
So my excitement level is rather low, chances are high I'll get a PS5 down the road but not this year.
Maybe not even next. Nothing screams system seller to me currently.

Reactions: C-Dub

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
A very good Direct mini, and they confirm that more direct mini will be broadcasted in 2020. Judging from the line "these are the games coming this month" when they start showing the sizzle reel, it sounds like they are going to do it monthly.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If this video is a representative of the Switch version then Hades looks so much clearer on PC. Looks really blurry on Switch.

Reactions: Rogue Agent