|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

Dekunator

Timmy Tencent owes me money
Apr 17, 2019
Anyone know a good place to buy into a Nintendo Online family plan? Don't wanna shell out $20 to Nintendo unless I have to.

Reactions: PC-tan
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Everything I read about the PS5 makes me angry and sad.

I didn't plan on getting a PS5 on launch in the first place, but rather early 2021, but the more news I read the longer I feel I wanna delay it.

• 70$ (Miles Morales) to 95$ (Demon's Souls) games, this is insane and is the main reason Im waiting so they can drop in price.
  • 660$ here for the disc version (I have too many PS4 disc games)
  • Having to pay for updated version of games (like Miles Morales, PS5 upgrade isn't free). Imagine having to pay to get access to increase the texture slider when buying a new GPU on PC.
  • Lack of any info regarding BC (will PS4 games get any sort of boost?).
  • Lack of info on account management (I have had an EU and US account for years and due to the high Norwegian prices on games I will have to buy games on my US account)
  • No showcase of the UI yet, not a big deal, but would nice to see if there are any new features like playtime tracking

I liked Andrew House and Jack Trettons Playstation leadership a lot more. The only good thing so far that might come from Jim Ryan is some PC stuff.

Last edited:

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
  • Having to pay for updated version of games (like Miles Morales, PS5 upgrade isn't free). Imagine having to pay to get access to increase the texture slider when buying a new GPU on PC.
  • Lack of any info regarding BC (will PS4 games get any sort of boost?).
I still haven't bought Last of Us 2 or Ghost of Tsushima due to expecting Sony to charge for upgraded versions. If they had Microsoft's policy for "smart delivery", I would've got them a while ago.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Got a PS5 preorder in the night of the stream. Unsure if I want one right away though. Don't really have a problem with the missing games because I would probably play some games I missed on PS4 so far due to not having a Pro anyway. And the price hike makes it not easy to pick up the games I would've wanted.

My main motivation behind it was the Switch launch being fun, talking with people about it (though mainly Zelda) and just be part of something. Also was very envious of people being able to pick up PS4 back in 2013 when I couldn't afford that right away.

Will keep it until mid-November before it ships and make up my mind until then. Though the thing that takes priority at that time is Yakuza 7 (and I guess Cyberpunk).

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Got a PS5 preorder in the night of the stream. Unsure if I want one right away though. Don't really have a problem with the missing games because I would probably play some games I missed on PS4 so far due to not having a Pro anyway. And the price hike makes it not easy to pick up the games I would've wanted.

My main motivation behind it was the Switch launch being fun, talking with people about it (though mainly Zelda) and just be part of something. Also was very envious of people being able to pick up PS4 back in 2013 when I couldn't afford that right away.

Will keep it until mid-November before it ships and make up my mind until then. Though the thing that takes priority at that time is Yakuza 7 (and I guess Cyberpunk).
That is more or less what I plan to do, if I can I will pre-order both that and the XSX and come close to release I will decided if I want to keep it or not.

Reactions: warp_ and BlueOdin

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Sony's response to Microsoft flexing....

Bluepoint
KojiPro
Bungie
Remedy

They can probably pick em all up for like 2-3 billion. Bungie would cost most of that too.

I would hate to see it but honestly there aren't any other big devs or small devs on the come up to respond with to the Zenimax deal.

I don't think they can get any big publisher as that would be way too expensive.

Crazy thing is if they don't do it in a hurry I could see MS going after Bungie and Remedy. Xbox is crazy right now with how fast gamepass subs are growing they are basically in Netflix mode to acquire as much as they can to make those #s keep going up.

Am I an idiot for wanting to buy games I already have on PC, on consoles?
Never been a fan buying the same game twice...but if its a good deal than go for it. Especially for games you really like.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Managed to snag a Series S pre-order on Amazon. As I'm not planning to upgrade to 4K until my next PC build, that's my console-only Game Pass and BC system sorted for the foreseeable.

Reactions: warp_

Big_Al

Miserable old git
Jan 22, 2019
I want both the PS5 and the Xbox Series X despite not really needing them as I'm a filthy hardware slag. Only got a preorder in there for Series S from Amazon but I'll probably cancel it as I just know it'll end up annoying me it's just not an X.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Sony fans losing their collective minds over the past week is just *chef kiss

We all warned you that money hats and exclusives were bad, and now that is is biting you in the ass NOW it is a problem.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I think I seriously will try and get a new xbox with the all access plan! Time to play big boy games again!

All depends how deep their checks go in France, since I have unpaid tickets. But I had no problem to sign up for internet and such and it seems it the same "system" for all access so I'm hopeful.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I was personally more excited with Joker and Hero, but in terms of mainstream appeal, yeah you don't get any bigger than Minecraft.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I planned to wait for a sale before getting Ghost of Tsushima, but with the rumors from Queen here about the game might be released on PC at some point and nothing from Sony in regards to a PS5 update for the game, Im not sure.

Reactions: Pommes

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Crash 4 may be one of the few Crash games that I don’t complete to the 100%+ level
The completionist requirements for all endings are no joke. If you’re trying to clean sweep a level with all gems the game get really hard really fast, and a lot of the relics sound nuts too

Other than that though, game is a blast so far!!

Reactions: didamangi

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Crash 4 may be one of the few Crash games that I don’t complete to the 100%+ level
The completionist requirements for all endings are no joke. If you’re trying to clean sweep a level with all gems the game get really hard really fast, and a lot of the relics sound nuts too

Other than that though, game is a blast so far!!
Yeah, I'm just gonna bust through the game and not care for 100% completion. Load times are too long for my liking on console to try and restart levels for 100%.

And so far I'm having a blast as well. Jumping from 3 on pc to this is really seamless, and the game just feels like an upgrade to every aspect of the trilogy. Toys for Bob did a great job.

If they don't port this to PC I'm going to be really disappointed. Higher resolution and frame rate will make this game even more great looking than it already is, loading times as well. Wonder if we'll get all that on next gen consoles as well.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Apple seems to be doing something with Microsoft having their Apple TV on Xbox, so maybe xcloud will be on iphones. So maybe they have some dealings with Valve and soon we will have Steam with streaming too!

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I don't think Apple are going to openly embrace third party ecosystems in markets they're planning to enter, short of the least they should possibly do to avoid antitrust issues.

Don't get your hopes up about anything. Apple is gonna Apple - if they're making big AAA games with tons of cash then they will do it to sell Apple TV devices and a cloud streaming platform.

If the games are good then I may reconsider Apple TV in the future. It is the only Apple device me and my partner actually miss since I sold all my Apple shit.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Picked up Tsushima on sale in the US PSN store, the regular game prices in Norway for PS4 games are so high these days a simple 25% off on US PSN store makes the games a lot more cheaper compared to Norway and PS5 prices will be even worse (70$ in US, 95$ in EU).

If Sony doesn't reduce the PS5 1st game prices in Europe I see myself only using the US PSN store in the future unles Sony goes complete scum and and stops allowing people to have multiple accounts on PS5 with different regions (like I currently have an account for EU and US on my PS4).

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I'm kinda getting excited for the Xbox Series X.

By the way, I'm an idiot and just today realized that it is 'Xbox Series X' not 'Xbox One Series X'
Picked up Tsushima on sale in the US PSN store, the regular game prices in Norway for PS4 games are so high these days a simple 25% off on US PSN store makes the games a lot more cheaper compared to Norway and PS5 prices will be even worse (70$ in US, 95$ in EU).

If Sony doesn't reduce the PS5 1st game prices in Europe I see myself only using the US PSN store in the future unles Sony goes complete scum and and stops allowing people to have multiple accounts on PS5 with different regions (like I currently have an account for EU and US on my PS4).
I think I'm done with Sony for the time being. Games on the PSN just got more expensive, and I don't even like Sony stuff that much.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Me too! I'm even using the Series X theme in Windows 10 haha. I'm still not sure if I can even get it but I can help but be hyped. Either I will be very happy or immensely sad on release date.
Yup! Which is weird because I can play everything on my PC but you know, there's some games that are better on console (for me anyway).

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
a new console generation always feel like a big jump with new changes coming for all games so bring it on, i'm ready