|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
So who's got consoles coming their way this week?
Here there is still no preorder for both consoles. I expect 2021 for normal stock and December 2020 for day 1 stock with over inflated price, I won't be surprised if it'll costs like $1000.

Not a good look here since my region is most likely lowest priority for them.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Was pretty sure I'd cancel my preorder at this point but now a little more than a month away I am kinda pumped getting the PS5 in a week. Pretty excited for Astro's Playroom. Probably will get Miles Morales and Bugsnax (no PS+), too.
My only chance seems to be getting one of the PS5 consoles the shops here were suppose to sell in retail, but it's very few consoles and the sites will probably crash, so Im not sure.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'd like to get both consoles but money is short until the end of the year, but I def want to get them!

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'd like to get both consoles but money is short until the end of the year, but I def want to get them!
No need to be afraid, even if you really want a console before the end of the year, there's very little change you will get one.

I have 3 confirmed shots on the 19th to get a PS5 (2 shops selling online what they were suppose to sell in retail, one of the shops have 2 rounds). Might be a 4th shot in another shop, but not confirmed.

If Im too slow I have to wait till next year sometime. I just really wanna play Demon's Souls dammit.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
No need to be afraid, even if you really want a console before the end of the year, there's very little change you will get one.

I have 3 confirmed shots on the 19th to get a PS5 (2 shops selling online what they were suppose to sell in retail, one of the shops have 2 rounds). Might be a 4th shot in another shop, but not confirmed.

If Im too slow I have to wait till next year sometime. I just really wanna play Demon's Souls dammit.
I live in Mexico, both aint selling out because they're extremely expensive here. Or so I think :p if there are shortages it will be because there's little supply from MS/Sony. Different times of course but when people were killing each other for a Switch elsewhere, you could walk into any store and buy one.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I was sad that it won't be possible for me to get a Xbox. But then I get a mail from the state saying they are sending out money to people! So at the start of December I could afford getting series s. Think I will go for it since I only have 1080p now. If I upgrade to 4k i can just trade it in and get the X. Or wait till midgen refresh.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
The price IS bad though. $500 should be IDR 7M from direct conversion.
Well if you compare it to 3000 series VGA, it's not that bad. Anyway people are furious that we'll get it later than MY and PH and with higher price lol.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Meh, I can wait. I never had plans to buy it at launch anyway. But if the msrp is that high, even the secondhand PS5 will still be pricey. :pensive-face:

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If Im too slow for PS5 next week Im gonna be soooooo sad and depressed.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I haven't yet played the original Demon's Soul but this looks like a really bad design change. A creepy prison guard was turned into... a generic fat guy?

Maybe I will just play the original instead.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder why no one of the motherfuckers running commercial sites has set up a queue system yet. Like, order right now and you are in that position.
Maybe console manufacturers wouldn't like their hype deflated by reason, I don't know.

It would be so much better to be able to order one of these fucking things, than refreshing like a mad man only to be scalped by bots.

Reactions: xinek

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I wonder why no one of the motherfuckers running commercial sites has set up a queue system yet. Like, order right now and you are in that position.
Maybe console manufacturers wouldn't like their hype deflated by reason, I don't know.

It would be so much better to be able to order one of these fucking things, than refreshing like a mad man only to be scalped by bots.
I think the que would be filled up with people who in the end wouldn't want then. So would be a mess.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Reading peoples PS5s dying and other issues, probably not a large number, but there are some, has reduced my fomo a bit. Still, 1 week to go to decide if Im gonna try to get a PS5 myself.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Reading peoples PS5s dying, probably not a large number, but there are some, has reduced my fomo a bit. Still, 1 week to go to decide if Im gonna try to get a PS5 myself.
The poor ERA user who had his PS5 work one fucking time and die :sweaty-blob:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Remember that people sharing online that their console went kaput is just a small percentage of users. The rest are enjoying their consoles. This is not me encouraging you to buy, its just that doomscrolling is never good :p

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Reading about peoples issueswith the PS5 it seems to come from one of these few now:

• Using LAN (wired) for Internet
  • Use of external HDD/SSD
  • Use of sleep mode/rest mode

This made me realize how boring I am with consoles. I've always only used wireless, I have never used an external HDD/SSD and I always turn my consoles completely off. I use my TV speakers for sound and I place my consoles on the ground in front of the TV.

Im quite frankly boring with how I use my consoles, it's nothing special because I just don't care. Same reason I don't have any plans for RGS with a new PC build, I don't care. Im not fancy with my electronic devices in any way I think. I just like to live simple with technology.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Bought Miles Morales (and The Last Guardian) for my PS5 today which is still supposed to come on Thursday according to Amazon. Pretty excited now about MM because even Jeff Gerstmann seems to like it. An open-world game without the fluff sounds so enticing. Though I am still most excited about Astro's Playroom as a showcase for the new controller stuff.

Also considered picking up Demon's Souls but even with a discount it is too much for me. Especially considering a lot of people will probably get it for Christmas not knowing what it is and then trading it in frustrated. That should make it a bit cheaper used early next year :evilblob:

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Third Party game comparisons between ps5 and xsx are not going as I expected.
I wonder if companies are investing more into PS5 development.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
My PS5 is currently on its way to me and is supposed to arrive tomorrow

I salute my former (and maybe also future again) colleagues at Deutsche Post for the hard days ahead of them and try to keep my online shopping at a minimum

Reactions: ISee

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
PS5 day -30 minutes
We lost communication with the main deal aggregator site
One of the two major chains site is dead too

t's going perfectly well 🔥

Reactions: C-Dub
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Me at every shop today (Im supes, Flash is the shop)

Was too slow for all of them, Im talking literal milliseconds.

Don't see myself getting a PS5 until sometime in 2012 unless a miracle comes and I don't believe in the existence of miracles.

• Sad
Reactions: Li Kao

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
My luck is the worst, was in the process of signing up to xbox all access but it failed at recognising my password, saying it wasn't readable, like bitch please it looked better in the photo than it does in real life. So its just that the Swedish passport is too weird for it, meaning it will never work.

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020

Found this while nostalgia-scrolling and holy shit, it gave me intense nostalgia and also intense dread at the same time. Pretty rare emotional cocktail, that one.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Eh, huge... :cryblob:
This is 'kinda nice' price territory.

edit
47.99 for UA3, this is redonkulous !

Last edited:
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
No deal on Pokemon or Paper Mario. :(

Might jump on Marvel and Tokyo Mirage though.