|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Fairy Fencer F DFA is rather though on Hard XD
There's an overall good game beneath its anime-assness and the seemingly simple combat system. If one is to play it for gameplay, I'd advice caution playing on Hard or higher. If you don't mind multiple playthroughs, go through it on Easy or Normal, then do the higher difficulties in an NG+ kinda thing.
Game should be a cake walk if you got the DLC since it gives you super powerful armor that makes early enemies deal 0 damage to you XP

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I’m not certain but pretty sure it works, but for new accounts only.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Platinumed Miles Morales. It is quite alright and more open-world games should be inspired by its pacing. At the same time most of the points it wants to hit Spiderverse does better.

That's why I traded it in towards Demon's Souls and I am having a blast. Played the original only two months ago but it still feels great walking through these levels again. Boletaria 1-1 is probably one of the best levels again. Also feels so good in the 60FPS mode (had a few drops here and there but no biggie). HDR looks amazing, too. Some artistic choices I don’t agree with and some other minor nitpicks.

My impression from the original was that it layed the foundation for the genre but Dark Souls is where it started and the other games refined it. Because of that I ranked Demon's Souls (PS3) as my least favorite From Souls game. You can see the potential here and there, the bosses were inventive and gimmicky in a neat way (though not always working).
But now the remake might make it my favorite Souls game. Though I have to play through the others at some point again

What I don’t understand though was that I read several times that this shows „the next-generation of souls games“. On the technical side, 60FPS for a Souls game on console is amazing. The pure graphical prowess (bar some character design changes) is also fantastic. On a Souls gamedesign standpoint though? I think it would 2 or 3 steps backward at this point though there are points that should be maybe looked at again.

For example I would love a level based structure like in Demon's Souls combined with the Estus Flask System from the Dark Souls games

Reactions: Pommes
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Picked up Pokemon Sword for 52$ on CDKEYS and Paper Maro: The Origami King for 40$ at retail, wanted them both since their launches, but never found them cheaper.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Picked up Pokemon Sword for 52$ on CDKEYS and Paper Maro: The Origami King for 40$ at retail, wanted them both since their launches, but never found them cheaper.
Pro tip for Origami King combat: screenshot function. [UWSL]:winking-face:[/UWSL]

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Seems Paris got stock of xboxes today! BUUUUUUT, I get money tomorrow and could actually get one if I eat very leanly this month. But yeah no chance they are still available tomorrow. 🙏

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Seems Paris got stock of xboxes today! BUUUUUUT, I get money tomorrow and could actually get one if I eat very leanly this month. But yeah no chance they are still available tomorrow. 🙏
Which one are you getting?

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
The series X, but if I see a S in stock I'll probably go for it. I missed the second wave by just one day, so worried I'll be too impatient waiting for the third wave. It all depends if I manage to not eat haha, sure I have stocked up on food but one can only live on pasta for so long.
I also want to get a Series S. X is nice and all but given that it will be mainly a gamepass box and that I'll get a PS5 down the line well, let's just say that I'm not made of money haha.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I also want to get a Series S. X is nice and all but given that it will be mainly a gamepass box and that I'll get a PS5 down the line well, let's just say that I'm not made of money haha.
For the Series S, since I only have a 1080p screen it makes sense. But why I want a Series X is simply for the frame rates, 30fps on my screen feels like torture haha!

Something I noticed though, in this second wave there were only Series X and no Series S at all. They sold out slower the first time so maybe there isn't much demand for those so they don't stock them as much.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Me trying to get a xbox seems to always be an "almost!", went and checked out a few stores today and the last one I checked the sellers said at first that they don't have any and it will be hard, then took me aside and told me they have put aside three but didn't know why haha! Guess stock is going to go to 'friends and family" first.

• Sad
Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Guess stock is going to go to 'friends and family" first.
And we are only talking about non essential, luxury goods here.
In the end one thing remained true: You either need connections or you need to be rich.

Reactions: Li Kao

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Amazon Germany have pre-orders of Series S going still. They should be dispatched before Christmas and will ship to the UK, so presumably they will ship to Paris too.

That was as of this morning - I don't know how supplies are holding up now.

Edit: Just checked. In stock on December 16th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Pertti

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
But 30fps and 900p?:S

Ah fuck it, I ordered it! I'll get the X in the midgen refresh. I could use the 200 I saved to buy nice dinner for Christmas. As you said NarohDethan it's great as a game pass machine.
I think only Yakuza goes as down as 900p but in 60fps no?

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I think if you're planning a gaming PC in the future, a Series S is probably all you'll need. The £200 or so saved can go towards your next computer.

• This!
Reactions: NarohDethan

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I think if you're planning a gaming PC in the future, a Series S is probably all you'll need. The £200 or so saved can go towards your next computer.
Yeah, at least with the S I can keep gaming while I try to save up to a PC. Still might upgrade to an X depending how far away that PC is.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I think only Yakuza goes as down as 900p but in 60fps no?
AC:Valhalla also runs 900p/60 in perfromance mode or 1440p/30 in quality mode.

I think Series S is fine, if you are planning to use it with a fullHD screen.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
You know, I'm half expecting that it will turn out to be a Xbox One S that I receive. Because I was at the store yesterday and they told me February for new consoles and today it says on their site that they have those in store. Hmmmmmmh.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
You know, I'm half expecting that it will turn out to be a Xbox One S that I receive. Because I was at the store yesterday and they told me February for new consoles and today it says on their site that they have those in store. Hmmmmmmh.
The One S has been discontinued for a while, I don't think they will send that.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Ok after letting it settle the immense "kicking myself" moment with missing the Series X I am ok with getting the series S, the money I saved got me 14 months of game pass, a small shelf from Ikea and today I will fill my fridge!
Remember to download Tetris effect!

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Was going to continue with Dragon Quest XI on Series S BUT its 30fps! Will have to wait for patch. All the backward compatible games with X|S enchantments ran buttery smooth on the Series S.

Reactions: ISee

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Yessssssss

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Well, I got the console. A Series X. I'm sorry Monooboe, I feel like a fucking traitor :( but a friend offered to cover part of the cost, couldnt say no. And got really lucky with the stock.

Karma almost gets me though, I thought I was using my phone's data plan when doing the set up, I disconnected it and almost fuck up my setup process. I'm still a bit fearful that I might have fucked up something

Reactions: Cacher

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Well, I got the console. A Series X. I'm sorry Monooboe, I feel like a fucking traitor :( but a friend offered to cover part of the cost, couldnt say no. And got really lucky with the stock.

Karma almost gets me though, I thought I was using my phone's data plan when doing the set up, I disconnected it and almost fuck up my setup process. I'm still a bit fearful that I might have fucked up something
Aaaaaaagh! Yes you should feel bad haha! But awesome! Very glad for you.:) But least you could do is friend me on Xbox Live!

I'm happy with my S, it was my initial plan to get it since it was always going to be my game pass machine until I build my PC. I only was going to go for the X since I could afford it if I didn't eat anything for a month, so I am glad to be able to haha.

• Sad
Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Aaaaaaagh! Yes you should feel bad haha! But awesome! Very glad for you.:) But least you could do is friend me on Xbox Live!

I'm happy with my S, it was my initial plan to get it since it was always going to be my game pass machine until I build my PC. I only was going to go for the X since I could afford it if I didn't eat anything for a month, so I am glad to be able to haha.
Yeah the Series S is also mighty fine!
Also remember that Destiny 2 is getting the 60fps patch today!

Last edited:

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018

No Xbox is worth going hungry for. You can save up for your PC faster now, which will probably play most games better than the Series X anyway.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
No Xbox is worth going hungry for. You can save up for your PC faster now, which will probably play most games better than the Series X anyway.
I had stocked up on food, but yeah now I can have fresh fruit everyday at least.;D But yeah the S will do fine until I get the PC.

I have a next gen console and I still play Minecraft on it haha!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Monooboe Minecraft is awesome tho. I'm playing the Java Edition and after bloating it out with mods i'm back down to a font changer, Sora Shaders and two datapacks loaded.
My current nemesis is having skeletons or zombies drop from ledges above me and knock me into lava when i'm exploring Ravines :ripblob:

• Love
Reactions: ISee and Le Pertti