|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
For when your video card just isn't quite chickeny enough.

Should've said in crispy 4k, 240 fps.

Want that dualsense color, like yesterday.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Got my Swich year in review mail from Nintendo.

45 hours played in 2020.
Luigis Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
FE Three Houses
Sushi Striker
Played 33 games (must be including demos, I don't think I even own that many Switch games)

Not really suprising. Only use my Switch for exclusives and I have yet to touch my copy of Pokemon Sword and Paper Mario.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Got my Swich year in review mail from Nintendo.

45 hours played in 2020.
Luigis Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
FE Three Houses
Sushi Striker
Played 33 games (must be including demos, I don't think I even own that many Switch games)
I played 302 hours, which seems like a lot. Most were Slay the Spire, Animal Crossing, and Origami King. Sigh, good times...

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mine was bugged. I don’t remember exactly, like 70 hours on Mario Rabbids.
Like they have forgot the ungodly amount of hours I put on Animal Crossing.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
  • Toucan
Reactions: Rogue Agent

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Little Nightmares and Dead Rising are good gets. Can't speak for the other two as I never played them. But it looks like a month where I might actually redeem stuff on Gold.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Tbh, I feel like I am going to at least hold off on upgrading my PC (and it is getting rather long in the tooth now fwiw), cos I can't reconcile in my head that I can buy both a PS5 and XSX and still have change left over in comparison to the cost of a top to bottom refresh of my PC.
Plus I've a 4K TV and I don't have a 4K monitor.

Thing that's giving me pause is that almost all my games are on Steam though :face-with-cold-sweat:
Between this and me saying before about wanting to play less games I think I'm just getting older? :anguished-face:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
AHA-Lambda I game pass on console and buy occasional game and I mostly collect on Steam. Feels the safest with regards to having a library that lasts all upgrades and such. But Xbox is pretty good with backwards compatibility now. Still can play games I bought on 360.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
So I grabbed a Series S as my backwards compatibility Xbox, replacing my One S. I don't need a Series X just for BC, and its only other function is TV streaming apps like Plex and Netflix.

I'll bring my PS3 back down from the loft for the handful of times I watch a Blu-ray, and replace that with a disc-based PS5 a year or two in the future.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
TLOU 2 + some others or Age of Calamity? It seems that AoC is out of stock and it won't get restocked till February.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I finally found a PS5. Now I can play that copy of Demon's Souls that's been sitting on my TV stand for a month. I can also catch up on some PS4 games I missed when my console died in a lighting surge back in June.

TLOU 2 + some others or Age of Calamity? It seems that AoC is out of stock and it won't get restocked till February.

FWIW, I do not like Age of Calamity much, and I say this as someone who adored Hyrule Warriors and bought the game three times on Wii U, 3DS and Switch. AoC suffers from a pretty uninteresting roster (although their movesets are great). In addition, the game doesn't have anything like adventure mode that kept me playing. Of course the Wii U version of HW was fairly content light at the start and needed several DLC packs to become something great, so maybe it just needs more time. The performance is also terrible at points too, especially during the divine beast stages, and the framerate can sink into the single digits.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I finally found a PS5. Now I can play that copy of Demon's Souls that's been sitting on my TV stand for a month. I can also catch up on some PS4 games I missed when my console died in a lighting surge back in June.

FWIW, I do not like Age of Calamity much, and I say this as someone who adored Hyrule Warriors and bought the game three times on Wii U, 3DS and Switch. AoC suffers from a pretty uninteresting roster (although their movesets are great). In addition, the game doesn't have anything like adventure mode that kept me playing. Of course the Wii U version of HW was fairly content light at the start and needed several DLC packs to become something great, so maybe it just needs more time. The performance is also terrible at points too, especially during the divine beast stages, and the framerate can sink into the single digits.
I see. Maybe I'll hold on, it is not like it will be on sale anytime soon lol

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I searched for Atomiswave and nothing came up here, so, some crazy dude or group just spent the time to convert most official Atomiswave games for the good ol Dreamcast. Apparently, contrary to misinformation online the hardware was near identical (much more so than the beefier Naomi) outside the different format for the games (so depending on your Dreamcast mod and method to run them these can work better or worse though fixes are available for some formats) and the input and other minor stuff, which was reflected in the dev kits. Granted, Atomiswave wasn't a runaway success and several of its 20 something games weren't anything to write home about as SNK also wasn't at its best form back then but it would have cost SEGA and the other companies involved peanuts to port these and they would have made for a nice belated send off to the system and its fans as well had they published a few of the better SNK, Sammy and Arc System Works titles for limited release (and maybe a few of the not exactly great games like Ranger Mission if only to get some more use out of the Dreamcast lightguns). Anyway, here are some of the better videos on this effort and the link is a page with links to all the original per game forum threads by the people who ported them. I dunno if they'll be adding links as more games are ported but so far it looks like a complete list. You're right if you note that Guilty Gear X was officially released for Dreamcast in Japan, but Atomiswave got the newer revision 1.5 seen here.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Reports saying that Sony is getting ready for a huge restock early next year. Crossing my fingers. Wanna get a PS5 in time for Ratchet.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
If I can grab a digital PS5 I may bite. But it depends on how much cash I have, too.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Wonder if Control will disappear from gamepass when Ultimate comes out?
Ultimate is already out :p but the graphical enhancements are not.

Decided not to get TLOU2. It looks too damn depressing and the gameplay nothing special.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ultimate is already out :p but the graphical enhancements are not.

Decided not to get TLOU2. It looks too damn depressing and the gameplay nothing special.
Yeah yes was thinking about the "new" version of it, think it's going in February. Considering playing Control after CP2077 while it's on GP, but maybe should wait for the ultimate ultimate version.

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah yes was thinking about the "new" version of it, think it's going in February. Considering playing Control after CP2077 while it's on GP, but maybe should wait for the ultimate ultimate version.
Why not both 8) I think the achievement list are separated and they're very easy to unlock.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
I would say: Wait for the update.
Control just came out on game pass this december and it should still be on game pass in February.

Reactions: Le Pertti

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Ah fuck it, bought TLOU2. If I don't like it my friend will owe me money.

I would say: Wait for the update.
Control just came out on game pass this december and it should still be on game pass in February.
The version on gamepass is the 'regular' one, not the Ultimate, and that won't get the next gen upgrades.

• Sad
Reactions: Pommes

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Ah fuck it, bought TLOU2. If I don't like it my friend will owe me money.

The version on gamepass is the 'regular' one, not the Ultimate, and that won't get the next gen upgrades.
Why is there even a differentiation between these versions? 505 doing 505 things i guess...
That is not really a good look on Microsoft.
And why is it still possible to buy the normal Control version when there already is a Ultimate version available? :thinking-face:

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
If they're rolling PS5 out to more countries they may have gotten to grips with the supply chain. Bad news for scalpers, with stock still to hand and good news for those who actually want a PS5.

Reactions: MegaApple

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
If they're rolling PS5 out to more countries they may have gotten to grips with the supply chain. Bad news for scalpers, with stock still to hand and good news for those who actually want a PS5.
In India, besides supply, there was also the issue of the getting the Trademark registered.

Some troll registered "PS5" term in Indian registry before Sony India did and halted PS5's arrival in India. (I'm not kidding)

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
In India, besides supply, there was also the issue of the getting the Trademark registered.

Some troll registered "PS5" term in Indian registry before Sony India did and halted PS5's arrival in India. (I'm not kidding)
That's ridiculous! [UWSL]:ROFLMAO:[/UWSL]

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I got my PS5 and played with it for a few hours. I'm pretty unimpressed.
-The console is gigantic and barely fits in my TV stand. The plastic also feels kinda cheap (which is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but still a nitpick).
-When I first booted it up, nothing would display and I had to replug in the HDMI cable
-It's quiet, but not as quiet as my Series X. Still a gigantic improvement from the jet engine that was the PS4
Otherwise, yeah it's a new Playstation alright. Demon's Souls is fun. I mostly got it so soon because my PS4 died last June and I waited for the PS5 so I could play some PS4 BC games (most notably Ghost of Tsushima and Nioh 2). I'm sure I'll play it for hundreds of hours, but it'll probably be like my Switch where the only thing I use it for is exclusives and most of my gaming will still be on PC or Xbox.

Honestly the thing I was most excited about was my Monster Hunter World cloud save still being available since I was afraid it would be deleted since I haven't had an active PS+ account since last February and I thought cloud saves got deleted after 6 months.

Reactions: Li Kao

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Ghost of Tsushima is great and it might be the first Sony PS4 exclusive that I'm actually enjoying.

• Eyes
Reactions: AHA-Lambda

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Started playing Spider-Man Miles Morales the last couple of days. Really enjoy the game, I loved the original one afterall. It has hard crashed on me twice during cutscenes and the PS5 had to restart. The noise the PS5 makes when playing Spider-man is terrible too. Didn't have any issues with Astro Playroom, quiet PS5 and no crashes. Should I be worrying that the console is going to fail?

Reactions: NarohDethan