|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Started playing Spider-Man Miles Morales the last couple of days. Really enjoy the game, I loved the original one afterall. It has hard crashed on me twice during cutscenes and the PS5 had to restart. The noise the PS5 makes when playing Spider-man is terrible too. Didn't have any issues with Astro Playroom, quiet PS5 and no crashes. Should I be worrying that the console is going to fail?
Are you playing a physical copy? I've read somewhere that the PS5 is usually quiet but when using a disc, the noise is noticeable.

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Are you playing a physical copy? I've read somewhere that the PS5 is usually quiet but when using a disc, the noise is noticeable.
It's a downloaded copy. Only played a couple of PS4 games using the disc and machine was quieter than when playing Spider-man.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Jeez, my Xbox almost gave me an anxiety attack because it wasn't turning on. When I moved it the power cable came off, I guess it was loose and somehow got disconnected. This hasn't been a very pleasant day and my Xbox does this :p thankfully everything is going well now, I'm downloading No Man's Sky for the weekly challenge.

Reactions: ISee

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Are folks really expecting the new Switch model to be capable of doing DLSS? Seems unlikely to me. Though it would be nice. Nintendo's other handheld upgrades have been so slight. I would settle for native resolution in handheld and smaller bezels at this point :plsblob:

Last edited:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I honestly don't think a Pro is coming soon. Regular Switch is selling gangbusters as it is.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
MPT has been teased since day 1, at this point a straight 480p port would satisfy a lot of people.
Yeah, I think MPT coming to Switch is a lock, but in 4K? Suuuuuuuuure. A 1080p monitor for Switch Pro is already a win.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Holy shit, this month you get up 10 000 rewards points for getting the same in gamerscore. It's time to do some achievement hunting!
Do those challenges work with Game Pass PC ?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Ah no I think that one is only on Xbox.:/ Usually also game pass challenges are ultimate only.
Well, if my plans for a mobile phone come to fruition, that part won't be an issue. I want to try their cloud service. Too bad for the only xbox part, MS could really do with a little bit more of uniformity in their offering. I understand games not being always Console + PC, but a fucking fidelity point offering...

• This!
Reactions: Le Pertti

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Well, if my plans for a mobile phone come to fruition, that part won't be an issue. I want to try their cloud service. Too bad for the only xbox part, MS could really do with a little bit more of uniformity in their offering. I understand games not being always Console + PC, but a fucking fidelity point offering...
The reward thingie points works on PC games too but only with the Ultimate plan. The gamer score to rewards points is different from that and is only on the reward app that you run on xbox.

Reactions: Li Kao

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Monster Hunter Rise looks sweet in the new stuff, clearly not powered by a desktop chipset any more but awesome all the same, especially with the new mobility and freedom of movement affording views of the whole map unfolding underneath with pretty decent lod. To me Monster Hunter Tri (not Ultimate) had the coolest and most coherent overall aesthetic in the series yet and was also the most robust new entry. I loved the enhancements which made it more user friendly without ditching staple elements or changing the style and all the new additions (bring back the swimming pls). I even sort of scoffed at Portable 3rd which after Tri was clearly not the A-team's creation at the time but at this point with the direction the main series has taken since then it feels like it could be a breath of fresh air the way they go back to that and rework it to be more competent, robust and higher end than it could be on PSP. Hopefully the PC version leaks are true and I get to play it all, whether it becomes a major hit or not (I don't think anything other than a next gen World 2 after leaving the World fanbase starved for a bit and being able to wow them with an all next gen look can have as much success, it's not like yearly MonHuns of the past sold to core fans).

Last edited:

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
So I inherited a 3ds, any good games or recommendations for it? Aside from the usual stuff.

Reactions: dummmyy

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
With my PC a out of order until the weekend I have been playing quite a lot of 13 Sentinels in the past few days. Despite the anime I am enjoying it a lot. Even have fun with the tower defense part. I still haven’t fully understood the story but I have still some characters to finish. The game manages its story reveal rather well. Not withholding information for the sake of it but gives you more information the more you play. Soundtrack has some jams in it, too.

Kind of expected the „teenagers being naked in robots“ to be more problematic or prevalent. But other than some Metal Gear Solid codec portraits it isn't in the game. Even there it isn’t as bad as expected. While I still don’t know the reason why (which I expect will be stupid and not make me ashamed of my words and deeds) it feels like the most superfluous thing in the game. The game would definitely be better without it.
Also why is every girl in this game standing with x legs and has the smallest ankles? Is that an anime thing?

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Monster Hunter Rise is shaping up pretty well. Even though the graphics are a big downgrade from World, in some odd way I find it a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Most likely due to the fact that it isn't trying to look as grounded as World. I already find the armor and weapons designs to look more interesting since they're more outlandish. I still hope the Switch Pro is a thing so I can hopefully play at 60 FPS or maybe I should just wait for the PC version

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I started Gears 5 Hivebusters as the first game to test my Series S on. While not a true next-gen experience, I struggled to see the difference playing it on my Xbox vs playing it on my PC at 1080p. Framerate and sharpness held up.

Microsoft really knocked it out of the park with this little machine. I remember people mocking them for this system, saying it was going to hold next-gen back, but it has performance where it needs it and just dials back the resolution and a few effects. If they can get a strong lineup of games on their platform then they could have a hit system on their hands.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I tried the Rise demo and liked it, but due to no 60 fps and barely having touched World, I will wait for PC version.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I started compiling lists of games on consoles that I want to play one day. Well... guess I don't need new games anymore. In addition, it is amusing that the most attractive feature of both new consoles is backward compatibility, because I can play these games on them rather than on original hardware.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
OH MAN LUMINES REMASTERED

I've been grinding against off and on with that game since i purchased it in 2018

If you've played the game you'll know what Im talking about when I say
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
New Bowser's Fury trailer:
That looks like Super Mario 3D World living its best life. I found the original game to be a bit... bleh. It was fine, but nothing special. But this looks cool!

Reactions: Arc

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Speaking of 3D platformers, I got Sackboy: A Big Adventure for my PS5. It's surprisingly good. I've only finished the first world, but the level design is far more creative than I was expecting going in and the platforming physics don't feel godawful like most LBP games.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I told myself that I will use my Switch more this year and then MS has to hit with their 10k challenge haha. But I cracked open some games I still had sealed and will play some of them this week.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Eh, I myself started a Switch game on a whim.
Mario Odyssey, a little LTTP on that one.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I told myself that I will use my Switch more this year and then MS has to hit with their 10k challenge haha. But I cracked open some games I still had sealed and will play some of them this week.
I told myself I would get lots of those 10k challenge points... I'm still at like 300 points haha! Failed miserably with that one.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Still no sign of any PS5 restock here and shops reports no signal from Sony they will receive some any time soon.

Dammit.

I just really wanna play Demons and Sackboy.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Still no sign of any PS5 restock here and shops reports no signal from Sony they will receive some any time soon.

Dammit.

I just really wanna play Demons and Sackboy.
Here in the UK some shops have had supplies come in, but they went entirely to back-orders, save for one unscrupulous retailer who bundled the console with a £180 shit 4K monitor and lumped £200 onto the price (on top of the PS5+monitor), and even that sold through after half an hour.

Gonna be some time before we see stock available for longer than a few seconds or not marked up.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I told myself I would get lots of those 10k challenge points... I'm still at like 300 points haha! Failed miserably with that one.
Play Fractured Minds. It is 20 minutes long and it will give you 1000 points. On Chapter 4 I think (the one with the large street) wait until your sound is distorted and 'see' something different for an achievement.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I had thought that Ys IX: Monstrum Nox was coming for PC/Steam in February, but it is apparently only released on PS4 at that point. How disappointing ... :(

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I had thought that Ys IX: Monstrum Nox was coming for PC/Steam in February, but it is apparently only released on PS4 at that point. How disappointing ... :(
Yes, not even optimized for PS5. It is 1080p even there

Reactions: d00d3n

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It's okay, they're fairly new. Prices will fall and more releases will come out, so no need to rush.
I hope Sony has already started working on the slim version. Usually it takes a while but they better hurry it up this time with how awful looking the PS5 is.

I want a PS5 slim for 300$ at the end of next year :sneaky:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
NarohDethan Played Fractured Minds and not sure I've ever felt as much cringe playing a game haha!

Anymore easy achievement games to recommend?
Superhot should give 900 just by playing through the levels, takes about 5 hours, depending on how you take the repetition. The other 100G are from the last achievement, you have to finish the game and wait for a timer to run out, it's 2:30h of just having the game open.
What remains of Edith Finch takes 2 hours for the 1000 as well.
Tell Me Why takes like 10h and it is also easy.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Superhot should give 900 just by playing through the levels, takes about 5 hours, depending on how you take the repetition. The other 100G are from the last achievement, you have to finish the game and wait for a timer to run out, it's 2:30h of just having the game open.
What remains of Edith Finch takes 2 hours for the 1000 as well.
Tell Me Why takes like 10h and it is also easy.
Yeah what remains of Edith Finch has been something I've wanted to play for a long time! Also for lashman I should at least try tell me why!

Also saw that Jedi Fallen Order is getting a 60fps patch! Hell yeah .

Reactions: lashman