|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Gonna pick up Xenoblade 3 when Im home from vacay next week. Hope I will like it, haven't even checked any reviews yet.

Played them all, for me: Xenoblade 2 > X > 1

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Li Kao and Cacher

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm on the last chapter of Live a Live and hope to finish that either today or tomorrow. After that I'm starting Xenoblade 3.

Reactions: Li Kao

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Probably so, yeah. It took about 6 months for Bravely Default 2 to go from Switch to Steam. Triangle Strategy released early March so the PC version will probably be announced in the upcoming weeks. Live a Live probably won't hit PC until early next year.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Splatoon 3 looks just as fun as the other two. Hype. The game is extremely popular here so many coworkers will play the game as well.

As always, great music.

Last edited:

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
I just bought a PS5. I'm not sure why exactly.
PS4 had enough of exclusives that I got one two years after launch for like 330€ with a game bundled.
PS5 two years after release has maybe one exclusive I want... and that's a remake (DeS). And it would cost me more than at launch. Yeah, not gonna get a PS5 anytime soon.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I’m actually tempted to sell mine. Hardly use it.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
I just bought a PS5. I'm not sure why exactly.
Hey man don't worry about it. I bought one so I could play Spider-man. However, the day after I beat the main story Insomniac announced that Spider-man would be coming to PC. At this point I decided to keep it for Final Fantasy XVI and VII Rebirth (maybe I'll wait for the PC version idk) next year. Also I have to wonder with the price increase how it's going to affect overall demand for the console. Will Xbox start to look more appealing to people in the regions with the price increase or will they just suck it up and still get a PS5?

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Damn I just realised the price increase on PS5 is really going to hurt the market in South Africa where I am. Already we pay 800 dollars for it before any increase. It's weird when it you can get a good PC now for a bit more money than that over here. Series S (which is 400 dollars here) I can imagine is doing well down south due to gamepass and being half the price.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I've played The Thousand Year Door, but never the original Paper Mario. I should get around to it at some point.

Also EDF 6 sold 300k copies in a week which, for a Japan only and Playstation only release, is exceptional. Hopefully the western version is announced soon.

Edit: Live a Live has sold 500k. I thought it was a pretty interesting RPG and you can see the seeds of Chrono Trigger in it, but it got a bit too experimental for my tastes at points.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Video with all 40 games bundled shown for like 10 seconds each, I guess it only doesn't include the 10 that come on an SD card with the trackball/knob thing...
Video of those 10 games that use the trackball/knob and were not in the above video.

Another play video that shows the main controls are of a pretty good size (full size stick, smaller buttons?) even if the screen/whole system are still small.

I wonder if they'll do an international version and/or how capable it is after it's inevitably hacked to play games by Capcom, SNK, etc. (it has all the buttons for it).
More games releasing for this in a new SD card package with booklet etc., I think they had already covered most of the best games released however, still cool.

Reactions: lashman

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
That's just speculation on their part. His actual rumour was that a Direct will happen on the week of the 12th. We'll see what happens but I doubt it'll get internally delayed because of such an event. Perhaps something will happen for Nintendo UK but other than that, not much since I don't think Nintendo wants to delay their Direct since TGS is right around the corner.

Reactions: Cacher and Arc

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I impulse-bought a PS3... Was a xbox player during that generation, so let's see what I am getting myself into.
PS3 has a nice bunch of exclusives. Folklore, Puppeteer, MGS4, InFamous 1 & 2, the Ratchet & Clank Future games, Resistance 1-3, Killzone 2 & 3, Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 are all regarded as decent to good games, and all are exclusive to PS3.

I have a PS3 in my loft but at this point I'm hoping for emulation to get better.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
PS3 has a nice bunch of exclusives. Folklore, Puppeteer, MGS4, InFamous 1 & 2, the Ratchet & Clank Future games, Resistance 1-3, Killzone 2 & 3, Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 are all regarded as decent to good games, and all are exclusive to PS3.

I have a PS3 in my loft but at this point I'm hoping for emulation to get better.
Thanks for the suggestions. I got Zone of the Enders HD and the first Tears to Tiara. Saw InFamous and kinda wanted to pick it up but decided to hold off for now. Seems like there is a pretty good library on there with games that have never been ported anywhere else.

As a side note, I got the console and games for used and the overall cost is still lower than getting Soul Hackers 2 on Steam. Game prices are ridiculous these days.

Reactions: C-Dub
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I would have bought Splatoon 3 by now if online was still free. :(

I know Switch online is free, but PC has spoiled me there.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Tempted by Splatoon 3, I skipped over 2, but played a lotttt of Splatoon 1. I just do not know if I have it in me to get back into a multiplayer game these days.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Yeah, here's the ranking before Splatoon 3 launch. It crushes Black and White.
Tempted by Splatoon 3, I skipped over 2, but played a lotttt of Splatoon 1. I just do not know if I have it in me to get back into a multiplayer game these days.
I was also rusty when playing the Splatfest two weeks ago. I might start playing it next month, after the veterans have moved up to their appropriate ranks so I can enjoy the better match making with newbies and returning old timers.

• Eyes
Reactions: AHA-Lambda

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
I'm hovering around an used (Really good condition) Xbox 360 Arcade with 120GB hdd, 60 euro
What do you say? I also own an Xbox Series X, any notable 360 games missing the backward compatibility program? Is the system itself still an old fashionable way of playing videogames?