|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

I don't really care for the remake (the game is epic as it is, I don't see what they can do for it yet) but maybe it will have a teaser for the next game a la BOTW's reveal? Buried after the remake and likely roms, ports and collections of older games as the new stuff aren't likely to come any time soon I guess, but, maybe?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nebulys and lashman
My only hopes are for a good looking Ocarina of Time and maybe a new 2D Zelda.

Already played Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD on Wii U, so no care for a Switch version of those.
 
Umm those graphics...

giphy.gif


james-franco-wait-what.gif
 
Okay Nintendo you win. The artstyle looks incredible. So lively. I will be playing this in the future.
 
the faces creep me out and I wish there was less fog but overall I like how it looks

I do wish they'd changed a little more with the game though, I didn't want huge changes but more than this

anyways i'll probably buy it eventually but eh not at full price i'll wait till it's on sale at some point
 
Just watched the trailer. Pretty cool (especially for 60fps). I guess it'll be the definitive way to play but still, been there done that (epic as it may be). I wonder how folks who play it for the first time feel. I think it'll go down very well, the game's still rad and I played it aeons past its original launch too. The visuals are a pretty huge leap from BOTW/TOTK, I thought they'd settle for 30fps to achieve that but I guess without all the crazy physics shenanigans they managed. From the geometry and textures of individual assets to the grass and volumetric interactive fog or other effects, it's way ahead.​
 
Last edited:
Wasn't able to catch it live so watch the archive instead. It was fine. Torneko's Mystery Dungeon HD is the best news.
 
Breath of the Kirby looks pretty rad. Also Metroid. Also other stuff.

personally the act of moving around needs to feel interesting for me to care about an open world game which most of them fail at(and is probably the main reason I hated something like Breath of the Wild, I thought all the climbing stuff was incredibly boring to do)

which is why i'm a bit intrigued by the Kirby thing, there's so many possibilities for movement abilities there
 
  • Like
Reactions: Arc and Nebulys
Damn, guess I should be happy I snagged Wolverine for cheap.

Edit: I actually requested a refund to the PSN wallet, if it goes through, I'll grab the game down the line.
 
Last edited:
As soon as the first gameplay reveal of Wolverine came out I could've told you the game was not going to be good.
 
  • This!
Reactions: lashman

lol
Nintendo is at least still listening to their customers. They can see a shitshow and try to mitigate it.

Meanwhile, Sony seems to be intentionally stepping on rakes.
 

lol
Gonna use my $5,000 stimmy to buy tons of Nintendo merchandise. Thank you for your attention to this matter!
 
Read/watch a few reviews on Wolverine. The main complaint is that the game is on rails and too hand-holding, and thus forgettable. It is made to be inoffensive and likely a bait for mainstream appeal.

They should have made it into a difficult game targeting hardcore players. We are living in a world where Elden Ring sold 30 million. People don't avoid hard games, they LOVE them.
 
we all know what is coming next, maybe the discussion has even already happened in a boardroom somewhere

"okay so Wolverine has been disappointing but I know what will fix everything, what if we had Insomniac make a live service game?"
 
  • Blobxorcism
Reactions: Arc

I ordered the Ayn Odin 3 on the 27th of February. It arrived today, almost 7 months later.

So I ordered the Odin 3 Ultra variant with 24gb of RAM and 1TB storage 1 or 2 days before they discontinued this model because of the RAMpocalypse.

They shipped it out a couple of weeks later in the middle of March. However, parcel tracking died almost immediately after it shipped but it did show that the machine never left China. I kept asking Ayn support what was going on and they kept telling me that they were asking their logistics partner. After about 6 weeks of this, near the end of April, they informed me that there was some sort of export control at Chinese customs and they were not allowing the package to go forward. And so it was returned to Ayn and they told me they could give me a refund or ship it to another address. Since this model could no longer be obtained I asked them to ship it to a friend of mine in America, and they did. It arrived at my friend's place in June. Now, he's pretty busy trying to buy a new home and sell his current one so I didn't want to pester him to send it quickly. I did, however, insist that he send it by a decent courier service like DHL or Fedex because if it somehow went into the regular postal system there's a good chance I wouldn't get it. Unfortunately, the closest DHL office was in the next town from where he lived and it was closed on weekends so it was difficult for him to make time to send it. And again, I didn't want to nag him about it so I'd only bring it up once a month or so. He was finally able to find the time to ship it out on the 15th and I received it today.

I've only played around with it for a few minutes but it's a really beautiful device. It's basically the new PSP/Vita. I looked on the Ayn website and after all the price increases, the current highest tier model with 16GB of RAM and 512gb disk space now costs more than what I paid for this model months ago.
 
  • Sweating
Reactions: lashman