Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Hey, people the water is good, you can come and chill with us ! :drinking-blob:
And fill that profile form too !
Yep, like Li Kao just said everyone is more than welcome to check out the Discord server now! Thanks to Li Kao and Echoes help I believe it's pretty much good to go! :highfiveblob:

Whenever you would like an invite just let me or one of them know! And you aren't required to play with folks, if you simply want a server to hang out and chat about co-op or other multiplayer games that's great too! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yep, like Li Kao just said everyone is more than welcome to check out the Discord server now! Thanks to Li Kao and Echoes help I believe it's pretty much good to go! :highfiveblob:

Whenever you would like an invite just let me or one of them know! And you aren't required to play with folks, if you simply want a server to hang out and chat about co-op or other multiplayer games that's great too! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
may i have an invite 👀

This has been one of my go to games to play with friends. I backed it on kickstarter in 2015 (anyone who backed it got access to the game almost a year before it went into EA.) and I always go back to it. Currently sitting at 238 hours.
Also 40% off now, Good timing I guess.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018

I'll take one :highfiveblob:

Deleted member 113

What recent(ish) games have private servers, and can take a decent amount of people (10 or so)?

Is anyone in the mood to setup something for the weekend?
Ideally, at a time where people from different time-zones can attend.
A game that allows for a decent amount of people to play at the same time, for example a deathmatch or co-op shooter, fighting games (in a tournament format), boardgames, anything?

If anyone wants to do something, count me in. I'm ready and willing to have my ass kicked, no matter the genre (I mean, I suck at most MP games, and I haven't played a boardgame in 20 years or so). :p

Or, if it's less people (3 or 4), there's always RPGs like For The King, games like Clue/Cluedo, and plenty more.

Again, if anyone is in the mood to play something as a group, count me in. ;)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Posting this as advised :) I think Durante can vouch for it's coop qualities.

edit: an invite would be cool :cuteblob:
Got them added to the Sheet! Thank you for suggesting those! I totally remember Half Dead 2 now. Vinny winning that battle royale mode and then getting a black t-shirt from a loot box was amazing.

And it's great to see you joined the Discord too. :)

Thank you so much Arsene for sending the invite. :cat-heart-blob:

What recent(ish) games have private servers, and can take a decent amount of people (10 or so)?

Is anyone in the mood to setup something for the weekend?
Ideally, at a time where people from different time-zones can attend.
A game that allows for a decent amount of people to play at the same time, for example a deathmatch or co-op shooter, fighting games (in a tournament format), boardgames, anything?

If anyone wants to do something, count me in. I'm ready and willing to have my ass kicked, no matter the genre (I mean, I suck at most MP games, and I haven't played a boardgame in 20 years or so). :p

Or, if it's less people (3 or 4), there's always RPGs like For The King, games like Clue/Cluedo, and plenty more.

Again, if anyone is in the mood to play something as a group, count me in. ;)
That sounds great! :highfiveblob:

Am I able to create a time limited poll or is there something like Strawpoll that would allow me to do that? That way we can put together a small list, like 3 or 4 games, that folks can vote on for the community event game.

I'm always up for taking suggestions for games to add to the poll too once we get one going!

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Am I able to create a time limited poll or is there something like Strawpoll that would allow me to do that? That way we can put together a small list, like 3 or 4 games, that folks can vote on for the community event game.
you can add a poll to the thread, yes (and it can be time-limited) ... but it will be only one per thread

but you can also do a strawpoll - MC embeds those :) so it's up to you

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
My go to drunk game - more or less. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Got it added! It looks like a lot of fun!

Wasn't quite sure where to put it. Mini golf is usually a friendly thing, but is competitive at its core. :thinking-face:

So it's under competitive for now though I'll gladly move it if needed! :)

Reactions: lashman

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018

I'll take one 👀

Also recommending:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
The poll has been created! I'm totally up for swapping out any of the games if needed, but I wanted to try to cover some different genres so folks who maybe aren't into shooters or one of the others would hopefully find something that speaks to them.

And these aren't going to be the only choices forever, hopefully we'll have another community event and I'll be sure to ask for ideas for different games to add to the next poll! :)

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Here's a 5 year old Giant Bomb "Unfinished", basically a Quick Look at a game nearing release. I think the other videos are Premium but the game is the same just a bit more polished and with new arenas etc now. There's other videos out there obviously but i don't have time to look at the moment.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I'm not a multiplayer guy, like at all. But I'm willing to make an exception for you all. If anyone's up to play with someone who sucks at games (seriously, been playing all my life and I have nothing to show for it), then feel free to hit me up. I'm from Argentina, so my timezone is GMT-3.

I need to ask for a Discord invite, right? Fine, could someone please send me one? Thanks :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I'm not a multiplayer guy, like at all. But I'm willing to make an exception for you all. If anyone's up to play with someone who sucks at games (seriously, been playing all my life and I have nothing to show for it), then feel free to hit me up. I'm from Argentina, so my timezone is GMT-3.

I need to ask for a Discord invite, right? Fine, could someone please send me one? Thanks :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Sent :)

I don't think anyone cares what skill you are lmao.

Deleted member 113

blindrhythm , I see that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is currently winning the pool.

Fun game. :)
But, is it easy to setup private MP matches?
I ask because I once tried to play with a friend, and I seem to remember some kind of trouble with it.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
blindrhythm , I see that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is currently winning the pool.

Fun game. :)
But, is it easy to setup private MP matches?
I ask because I once tried to play with a friend, and I seem to remember some kind of trouble with it.
I play with my real life friends occasionally and its all done through Steam invites. Im not sure if the game lets you turn off bots though, Because when I played it was us plus bots filling the rest of the slots.

Deleted member 113

I play with my real life friends occasionally and its all done through Steam invites. Im not sure if the game lets you turn off bots though, Because when I played it was us plus bots filling the rest of the slots.
That's probably what I remember. :)

I wanted to just race a friend, and we had bots in the races. Or, every time we wanted to race again, we had to repeat the process of creating a match or whatever. It was something like that.
I didn't play after that, but I was left with the impression that it wasn't very easy to play online with friends, since the game appeared to be mostly setup to have quick races against strangers.

Deleted member 113

Well not voting, I only have access to TF2 lol
It would be great if people could suggest games, or say what games they are interested in playing, so that we can all get an understanding of what games most of us own.

For example, something like Left 4 Dead, or Killing Floor, would probably be good options, since many people own these games (I have, I believe, 1 or 2 copies of Killing Floor from bundles, so if we ever end up playing that, I can gift them to whoever may be missing it). Maybe Payday as well?

I'm terrible at Counter Strike, and it's been ages since I played TF Classic or TF2, but both would probably be good options, since again, many people own them, or they are free to play.

I hope we can get to try Friday the 13th one of these days, since I never, ever, played a single MP match (and I was a Kickstarter backer :giggle: ).
I also hope to get 3 other people to play Renegade Ops online one of these days. It's been a while since I played that game, but I found it a lot of fun in single-player, and I'm curious how it would play online.

It's been ages since I played any real-life boardgames, or card games, but as long as someone is willing to help me a bit with the rules, I would be up to play one as well.

Speaking of different genres, what fighting games have good MP options, in terms of having private rooms and chats available, so that we can gather a decent number of people, and play among ourselves (and, in my case, get my ass kicked every single time :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:)?

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey everyone! I want to quickly apologize about the poll. My goal was to try to offer different genres without overwhelming the poll with a ton of options.

And in all honesty I personally would have preferred Overwatch to TF2 on that poll for example, but given that TF2 is a free game I hoped to give folks that choice in case they didn't have or couldn't afford the others. Plus keeping the first event to Steam seemed like a good idea so we didn't have to try to manage a bunch of different friends lists at the last moment.

With the weekend drawing closer I'll admit I pushed the poll out quickly and should have waited longer for suggestions.. I'm sorry everyone. I'll try to do better next time! :)

And what I can do is either close the current poll after a little while longer and declare Sonic the winner, then create a new poll with another group of 4 games and take the winner from that to put up against Sonic in a final poll. I could also start up a Straw poll to run alongside this one to do the same thing. Let me know if either would work for everyone!

Deleted member 113

Damn dude I'd be willing to coop it whenever possible.
I'll try to play a bit alone to learn the game (so I won't suck terribly :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:), and next week or so, I'm down to play with you (and hopefully a few more people will join for a session or two, so that hopefully we can make a 4 player party).

Deleted member 113

Would you say the game requires a mic ? If not I could see myself bitting the bullet to play with you.
That being said, the PC Gamer (yeah, meh) review was pretty brutal about the grind.
Well, I only played like 20 minutes of the first early access version, so I can't really answer that. :giggle:

But, even if it "needs" a mic on MP, I don't have one, so the game will have to be playable anyway. :whistle:

Reactions: Arsene and Li Kao
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I don't think you really need to be a pro on any coop game before playing with anyone.
Exactly! I'm only decent at best at most games and I love doing co-op when I can. Just spending time with old or new friends alike is the part that makes it worthwhile.

Like others have already said, there's no need to worry about your personal skill. As long as you're having fun playing with folks that's the only thing that really matters! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I think someone mentioned an interest in Vermintide or Vermintide 2 in the chat, well Vermintide 2 Base Game is currently 75% off on Steam until the 19th. £5.75 for me. Thanks, Stevey

It's a great game and the new DLC sounds pretty exciting! It would be nice to get some co-op games going with some folks here and/or on the Discord someday. :)

Reactions: Echoes and lashman

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
Hey everyone, I'm checking into the co-op corner to see if there's anyone else on the board who plays Destiny 2. I'm chewing through the Solstice of Heroes events as we speak and would definitely love to help out fellow Metatrons doing the same, or even help new people who are interested in the game.

Destiny 2 is in a weird spot right now, as Bungie recently bought its own independence from Activision and are now self-publishing the franchise and its games - so pricing models are still in flux, as the game prepares to launch the new expansion Shadowkeep, make the base game free-to-play, and move the game to Steam, all on October 1st. If you wanna hop in now, you can get everything Destiny 2 has to offer (so far) for $40, and it will transfer over to Steam. Destiny 2: Forsaken - Complete Collection

PM me if you're interested in joining up some time. I'd prefer to not post my battle.net username publicly as I use it on... another ban-happy forum. And if you're a new player, let me know - there's a Refer-A-Friend program we can join that can boost us both for the next two weeks.

I'd love to make a thread about the game when my Junior status clears. Until then, let me know if you wanna play!

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey everyone! I asked on the Discord server already and realized I hadn't asked here yet.

What games would everyone like to see on a second poll? And if possible try to keep it to one or two suggestions so that we don't have hundreds of choices to fill just 4 spots. :LOL:

Each game will ideally be able to fit as many folks as possible into a session, but it's not a requirement. Feel free to toss any ideas out there that interest you and would be good for a community event. :thumbsupblob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uh, keep in mind that I never played it, but thinking about multiplayer games, there is Brawlhalla. Up to 8 players, free.
Again, I have no idea if this is fun.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Uh, keep in mind that I never played it, but thinking about multiplayer games, there is Brawlhalla. Up to 8 players, free.
Again, I have no idea if this is fun.
Thanks for the suggestion! That's a pretty good one!:highfiveblob:

I haven't played it either, but it's always looked like a fun game. Especially with a good group of friends. Plus having another free option on a poll would be perfect.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other games get suggested by folks. I have a feeling some will be games I've forgotten about, but would love to finally play! Heck, some I probably even own and forgot about. :LOL:

Reactions: Arsene

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Thanks for the suggestion! That's a pretty good one!:highfiveblob:

I haven't played it either, but it's always looked like a fun game. Especially with a good group of friends. Plus having another free option on a poll would be perfect.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other games get suggested by folks. I have a feeling some will be games I've forgotten about, but would love to finally play! Heck, some I probably even own and forgot about. :LOL:
So I guess I should grovel for an invite to the discord if we plan on doing Council events :)