Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
No, I'm the one that's sorry for the (obvious?) question, but since in Europe, in most countries we usually have have GMT and GMT+1, but currently, during summer, in some countries (like mine) we also have Daylight saving time, it can get confusing. :giggle:
No worries at all! I was spared from daylight savings time for so long growing up and it wasn't until the second half of my life that I've had to figure it out thanks to a change in state laws.

You're totally right that it can get confusing, especially when you still forget about it often times like I do. Like I'm not exactly sure whether I'm GMT-4 or -5 right now. One site tells me one thing and another site tells me the other. :LOL:

Deleted member 113

Thanks for another awesome night. (y)
I had a great time. :highfiveblob:
Although, I'm now looking for a new friend (friendship over with BO7AMMOOD :disapproval-blob:).

Like I mentioned in the chat, while I was getting hit by everyone during a match, I remembered another game for a possible co-op session: Renegade Ops.
It should be fun to play in a 4 player session. :unsure:

Thanks again for organizing things, blindrhythm. :cat-heart-blob:
And thanks for all the mirror tracks. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Thanks for another awesome night. (y)
I had a great time. :highfiveblob:
Although, I'm now looking for a new friend (friendship over with BO7AMMOOD :disapproval-blob:).
Hell yeah! Thanks FunktionJCB blindrhythm Li Kao EdwardTivrusky Arsene Echoes PhaZZe :cat-heart-blob: :cat-heart-blob:
As for our friendship FunktionJCB , I suggest we play FIFA sometime before ending it. If we're gonna end friendships, might as well do it properly :LOL:

Like I mentioned in the chat, while I was getting hit by everyone during a match, I remembered another game for a possible co-op session: Renegade Ops.
It should be fun to play in a 4 player session. :unsure:
Good times ('Member FunktionJCB )... and suggestion of course :p

Thanks again guys :cat-heart-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
It was great to see so many folks show up for a somewhat random session! Thank you all, it was an awesome time as always! :cat-heart-blob:

Of course! So glad you could join again! :)

Mirror tracks?! I have no idea what you're talking about! :p

Thanks again guys :cat-heart-blob:
Fun games today! Thanks blindrhythm for the idea and for inviting me lol.
I'm so happy you both could make it! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

We'll definitely get some more events going and should any random session pop up again with a bunch of folks I'll make sure to let everyone know. And also, don't be afraid to ask folks if they are up for playing something.

Like me for example, I'm usually free most days and am always up to help out in whatever game as long as I own it of course.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Meta Co-Op Special Edition #01
Let's geek for a second. In the last edition of Dungeons & Dragons, Mike Mearls wrote that there is a special alchemy to the game... yadda yadda... and that by playing it you will naturally make new friends.
It's basically what I felt yesterday. I was sleepy, I was pissed for some external reason, and turns out that... I had a great time.

There is a huge game coming on Switch today and you nearly made me think I have too many games to play with you guys to care. Think about it. You nearly stopped a steam gamer from hoarding games.

:photoblobheart:

Deleted member 113

Meta Co-Op Special Edition #01
Let's geek for a second. In the last edition of Dungeons & Dragons, Mike Mearls wrote that there is a special alchemy to the game... yadda yadda... and that by playing it you will naturally make new friends.
It's basically what I felt yesterday. I was sleepy, I was pissed for some external reason, and turns out that... I had a great time.

There is a huge game coming on Switch today and you nearly made me think I have too many games to play with you guys to care. Think about it. You nearly stopped a steam gamer from hoarding games.

:photoblobheart:
Why you... :cat-heart-blob:.

I certainly felt likewise. It had been years since I played anything in MP, mostly because my "offline" friends pretty much stopped gaming, and I just don't have the patience to play with random people, when more often than not all you get is kids throwing insults around.

There are certainly plenty of games that I never touched, mostly because they are MP-only, or at least have a heavy focus on it, that I would love to try with you guys. ;)

As for the hoarding bit, and partially as a result of all that's been happening with all this exclusivity talk, I recently realized that I have plenty of great games that are still unplayed in my library, and instead of buying "the new thing" (or be bothered about potentially missing out on a game or two), maybe I should start taking a look into my library first, and start there, while saving some coin.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I don't know if I have the words.. that's probably the best compliment I could have received.

Not that I want folks to neglect their sleep or avoid picking up other games of course! :LOL:

But hearing that this little thread can help in its own way was always my hope for this. Organizing things was always something I was pretty good at, but I figured I lost that skill a long time ago when I quit running guilds in MMO's.

Though much like then it still requires one special ingredient to work and without it it's usually doomed to fail or is so much harder at the very least. And that ingredient is good folks. Folks that remind me everyday it was definitely worth signing up to a forum for the first time in over a decade. :cat-heart-blob:

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I don't know if I have the words.. that's probably the best compliment I could have received.

Not that I want folks to neglect their sleep or avoid picking up other games of course! :LOL:

But hearing that this little thread can help in its own way was always my hope for this. Organizing things was always something I was pretty good at, but I figured I lost that skill a long time ago when I quit running guilds in MMO's.

Though much like then it still requires one special ingredient to work and without it it's usually doomed to fail or is so much harder at the very least. And that ingredient is good folks. Folks that remind me everyday it was definitely worth signing up to a forum for the first time in over a decade. :cat-heart-blob:

At the risk of sounding a bit corny myself, I gotta concur with your sentiments blindrhythm . I usually avoid multiplayer games and sessions and blow people off when I get invited to them, but the positivity and good vibes I've felt from so many member on here, especially people like you, whenever I can spend some time here (even if I'm not the most active participant), is really incredible. And I mean it. I honestly can't remember the last time I've stumbled across a place on the internet that can be as wholesome as metacouncil.

My few months as a member so far has been nothing but a delight, and long may the good vibes continue :cat-heart-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Haha! Corniness is always welcome! I'm a big sappy dude myself.. I mean, clearly. :p

And you summed it up perfectly. I have noticed the occasional disagreement here but folks have always been respectful, it's incredible. Wholesome is a great word for it. :)

As you said, may the good vibes continue to flow! :blobcheer:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Meta Co-Op: What could we play ?

Duck Game (2015) - 2-4 players

Steam (discount if 4-pack)

This game has had its moment of glory some time ago. Never played it. It seems to be a really quick multiplayer deathmatch with ducks.
It looks stupid, so I think we should fit in :cat-pizza-blob:

-

Don't think there is anything to add, the game page speaks for itself, and as mentioned, I never played it and can't comment on it. I just thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to have people post "Meta Co-Op: What could we play ?" suggestions.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Congrats on the job!

It'll be interesting to see what new co-op/mp games people are keeping their eyes on over the next month or so.
Also, Every month we want to decide on a game we play as a group as well as some suggestions for ad-hoc, random, spur of the moment games to keep things interesting. People who have a preferred online game already have a crew they run with so everyone seems happy enough to keep switching games and trying new games or returning to old ones.

There will be a new poll starting soon to see what game we want to organise some sessions for this month so if you have a game in your library that you want to try out then suggest it! :thumbsupblob:

A few people have picked up Friday 13th in the Humble sale so i expect that to get a bunch of sessions even if it's not the chosen as the "Event" game.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Meta Co-Op: What could we play ?

Duck Game (2015) - 2-4 players

This game has had its moment of glory some time ago. Never played it. It seems to be a really quick multiplayer deathmatch with ducks.
It looks stupid, so I think we should fit in :cat-pizza-blob:

-

Don't think there is anything to add, the game page speaks for itself, and as mentioned, I never played it and can't comment on it. I just thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to have people post "Meta Co-Op: What could we play ?" suggestions.
I actually picked up Duck Game years ago due to that Giant Bomb video EdwardTivrusky posted. I only ever played it with randoms, but the times that I did it was an absolute blast. Stupid is a pretty good description for it, but in a good way and it's totally my kind of stupid. :thumbsupblob:

And great idea with the suggestions! More are always welcome! :)

Well, now that I have a job, I guess I should try to figure out which games y'all plan on getting for co-op purposes so I can possibly join in on the fun.
That's awesome! Congrats! :blobcheer:

I don't think there's any set plans on specific games to pick up (other than the event game if someone doesn't have it), so if any game grabs your interest I'm sure you'll find at least a few other folks that probably own it too and would love to play together.

Congrats on the job!

It'll be interesting to see what new co-op/mp games people are keeping their eyes on over the next month or so.
Also, Every month we want to decide on a game we play as a group as well as some suggestions for ad-hoc, random, spur of the moment games to keep things interesting. People who have a preferred online game already have a crew they run with so everyone seems happy enough to keep switching games and trying new games or returning to old ones.

There will be a new poll starting soon to see what game we want to organise some sessions for this month so if you have a game in your library that you want to try out then suggest it! :thumbsupblob:

A few people have picked up Friday 13th in the Humble sale so i expect that to get a bunch of sessions even if it's not the chosen as the "Event" game.
Yep, well said! Regardless of what game wins the poll for the event there's always the opportunity to get some groups together for a random game.

Friday the 13th is a highly discussed one right now like EdwardTivrusky mentioned and I'm sure there will be others that a bunch of folks want to try out.

So be sure to keep an eye on the thread or Discord to see if something like that might be happening. I mentioned a few posts ago that should a bigger session like that start up I'll do my best to make sure everyone knows and has time to plan to participate.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yup, the current candidate for Meta Co-Op Special Edition #02 is Friday the 13th. It is really cheap on humble (like I should talk, I was offered the game by FunktionJCB :cat-heart-blob: )
The regular Meta Co-Op #02 is still a project, with at first a suggestion phase to choose it in early September.
You also have the Discord to hook up with people for more spur of the moment co-op.

Or just feel free to suggest, ask, share, anything here. Because as blindrhythm alluded to earlier in the thread, we are what makes this place so good.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Really, I posted about wanting to try Friday the 13th, but since not everyone may be up to it, any game will do. :)
Don’t jinx it, we are 6 players at the moment. Only one more and we get to play a full game !
Maybe I’m the pessimistic type, but if you would have told me we would be able to pull a six players game, maybe hopefully seven, I wouldn’t have believed you.

Oheao

Jun 29, 2019
I do wonder how the upcoming Resident Evil game will be, it looks like L4D but it could very easily be another ORC too...

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Deleted member 113

FunktionJCB Now that you have reminded me of Two Point Hospital supervirus projects you better give a hand :grimacing-face:
/jk but yeah, I got back into the game after a big burn out
Of course I will. ;)

If you are missing any of the previous "multi-player" projects, do add me (and the rest of the gang), and we will help you unlock them. :highfiveblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
The day has arrived! The OP has been updated and event submissions are open! :blobcheer: 🎉

Revealed content
As mentioned in the OP, if you can try to keep it to one or two submissions so we're not overwhelmed when it comes time to create a poll. :LOL:

And feel free to check out the sheet often to vote for your favorites. You can vote for as many as you like, but only once per game. I'll get more boxes added should we need them.

Pretty excited to get to work on figuring out the next event with you all! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
So much pressure, don’t know what to suggest in the form :anguished-face:
No worries! There's an entire week to get games submitted, so no rush! :)

If there's a game that you think would be fun to play with folks or it's one you really love and want to share that love then that's perfect! I'm hoping we can get a big variety of games and genres on there. :cat-heart-blob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah I think I won’t put a fps in there, there are many but we’ve got that covered imho.
Emphasis on imho, if you want to suggest a fps, it’s totally cool by me. But like blindrhythm I hope we get the added bonus of a diverse selection.

Edit. Got my suggestions in. I tried to be diverse and slightly out there, but keep in mind that I didn’t play the games, just reading reviews and guessing ‘that could be fun’.

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Edit. Got my suggestions in. I tried to be diverse and slightly out there, but keep in mind that I didn’t play the games, just reading reviews and guessing ‘that could be fun’.
Yay! :blobcheer:

Two great choices. I haven't played or own Monster Prom yet, but I think I've mentioned before it's one I would like to try.

I see we got a submission for L4D2 on there as well which is great! Still a fun one to play after all of these years.

Reactions: lashman and dummmyy

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah I think I won’t put a fps in there, there are many but we’ve got that covered imho.
Emphasis on imho, if you want to suggest a fps, it’s totally cool by me. But like blindrhythm I hope we get the added bonus of a diverse selection.

Nice picks! I was thinking about putting in Monster Prom as well, but decided on L4D 2 instead.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I'd like to suggest Lara Croft & The Temple of Osiris, that's a 4-player co-op game and I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet.
For the event or for the co-op list in the OP? Either is great and I will happily add it to both if that works too. :thumbsupblob:

Though for the event submission list everyone is free to add to it, so if you have another one that would be good you're welcome to put it on there anytime. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Edit: Got it added to the event list for you! :highfiveblob:

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'd like to suggest Lara Croft & The Temple of Osiris, that's a 4-player co-op game and I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet.
Why don’t you fill the form linked by blindrhythm a few posts ago ? No need to be shy, your opinion counts !
Thaaaattt being said, wasn’t it a 2 players game ? It would be more suited to spontaneous play on Discord, me think. But if you don’t use Discord or don’t want to look for a partner, suggest anyways.
The last thing I would like to do is stifle suggestions.

Edit. Oh, 4 players, disregard, I’m not yet fully awake :sleepy-face:

Oheao

Jun 29, 2019
Why don’t you fill the form linked by blindrhythm a few posts ago ? No need to be shy, your opinion counts !
Thaaaattt being said, wasn’t it a 2 players game ? It would be more suited to spontaneous play on Discord, me think. But if you don’t use Discord or don’t want to look for a partner, suggest anyways.
The last thing I would like to do is stifle suggestions.

Edit. Oh, 4 players, disregard, I’m not yet fully awake :sleepy-face:
The Guardian of Light was 2 players, you"re probably thinking of that. I admit I am new to this stuff, so I am still a bit confused on how the forms and all that work.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Put up my recommendation: Full Metal Furies. I don't know how well this would do in an event, now that I'm typing this up, but if anybody is interested as just a pick up let me know, or just @ / DM me on discord! blindrhythm and I were talking about the game last night, and would be a nice pick up game even if not considered for the event.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Put up my recommendation: Full Metal Furies. I don't know how well this would do in an event, now that I'm typing this up, but if anybody is interested as just a pick up let me know, or just @ / DM me on discord! blindrhythm and I were talking about the game last night, and would be a nice pick up game even if not considered for the event.
Yeah, the best part about all these suggestions, we can still play the rejected ones outside the main event. Win-win :pleasedblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Exactly! Even if some don't ever win a poll that doesn't mean they're bad games by any means. There's a lot of great games out there that would be fun to play with you all. :cat-heart-blob:

Take Friday the 13th for example, one we've been discussing for a while, it might not be on the list yet but it's one we're going to try getting a session going soon. I'll toss around some ideas for that in the next day or two and see what works best for everyone.

And if all goes well I would really love to get another session going for Friday the 13th.. on Friday the 13th. Because come on.. it's right there! It's practically calling to us! :LOL:

Deleted member 113

I checked that list, and at the end, there's an entry for Dungeons of the Endless, without any info posted.
Is it to be considered?

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I checked that list, and at the end, there's an entry for Dungeons of the Endless, without any info posted.
Is it to be considered?
Yep, it's one that folks can vote for as well. I have no idea who put it on there or why it's near the bottom though. Hopefully they'll go back and add their name soon. :)

Also a quick update on the Friday the 13th stuff. How does this Friday (the 6th) or Saturday sound to you all? I'm also figuring we could try for around the same time we've done the Sonic races, so something like 21:00 or 22:00 GMT (4 or 5pm EDT on the east coast if that helps too). :thumbsupblob:

Deleted member 113

Also a quick update on the Friday the 13th stuff. How does this Friday (the 6th) or Saturday sound to you all? I'm also figuring we could try for around the same time we've done the Sonic races, so something like 21:00 or 22:00 GMT (4 or 5pm EDT on the east coast if that helps too). :thumbsupblob:
22h GMT should be fine by me. :)

21h I may not yet be at home, but 22h I most certainly will be.