Community MetaCouncil: Show Off Your In-game Base(s)

Eriugam

Premium Title
Nov 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am always interested in seeing what people build in sandbox/survival games. So I thought I'd start a thread where we can share screenshot and or videos of our base(s).

No game restrictions, doesn't have to be anything unique or spectacular. Share what you have spent hours building!

Here's my work-in-progress Starlight Drive-Inn on Fallout 4, haven't quite completed it yet..

Features; huge power armor workshop, large clothing showroom, spacious library, separate kitchen, weapon showroom and a green garden.. and a on-location prison..

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

So I've played Rust for a very long while now and this is/was one of my favorite bases I made and I unfortunately didn't take a lot of screenshots of it.

My buddies and mine called it "Casa De Stupid" because it was basically 3 bases merged together.
We basically just left the front doors on it open because there was alcoves under most walkways that had mini turrets that would kill people as soon as they would walk past it but that was if they lived to get that far. In the screenshot you can see the gigantic walls with the barbed wire in them, well they're placed in such a way that they clip through the floors of the actual base so if you don't hug the walls or go walking across a certain spot in most (Pretty much all of the base) you will get stuck/caught on it and take massive damage. So most people would end up jumping to try to avoid it (Bad idea) and then pretty much just instantly kill themselves from it.

Somehow I ended up creating a gigantic trap base with knooks and crannies to hide in with snap traps and everything and little places to hide. Every time I mention it/bring it up to my buddies we start giggling about it. It ended up never being raided for some reason and we had massive amounts of loot in it because we just figured whatever, it doesn't matter if someone raids it we'll just slap more walls and things on it and make it dumber!

OP
Eriugam

Eriugam

Premium Title
Nov 6, 2018
United Kingdom

So I've played Rust for a very long while now and this is/was one of my favorite bases I made and I unfortunately didn't take a lot of screenshots of it.

My buddies and mine called it "Casa De Stupid" because it was basically 3 bases merged together.
We basically just left the front doors on it open because there was alcoves under most walkways that had mini turrets that would kill people as soon as they would walk past it but that was if they lived to get that far. In the screenshot you can see the gigantic walls with the barbed wire in them, well they're placed in such a way that they clip through the floors of the actual base so if you don't hug the walls or go walking across a certain spot in most (Pretty much all of the base) you will get stuck/caught on it and take massive damage. So most people would end up jumping to try to avoid it (Bad idea) and then pretty much just instantly kill themselves from it.

Somehow I ended up creating a gigantic trap base with knooks and crannies to hide in with snap traps and everything and little places to hide. Every time I mention it/bring it up to my buddies we start giggling about it. It ended up never being raided for some reason and we had massive amounts of loot in it because we just figured whatever, it doesn't matter if someone raids it we'll just slap more walls and things on it and make it dumber!
How long did the final base take to assemble, material and time wise?
Post automatically merged:

I wasn't quite finished at this point. There's another four-floor tower now with an almost full height aquarium.
You shouldn't have to worry about power outages at that depth! I constructed my base at about 750 meters below sea level, very little electricity was produced I had to build one of those bio generators!

Impressive base by the way. Looks very nice and compact.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
How long did the final base take to assemble, material and time wise?

You shouldn't have to worry about power outages at that depth! I constructed my base at about 750 meters below sea level, very little electricity was produced I had to build one of those bio generators!

Luckily this was built before they had the upkeep system that exists now otherwise I would of gone bananas.

I would probably have to go use a build tool to find out a rough guess but if I remember correctly it was originally supposed to be like a 8x8 or 8x10 kind of building that was 4? stories tall with sort of a moat around it type thing but I kept running into building blocked problems so I just said screw it and built whereever it let me.

Each wall being 300 stone and since it's most made out of that I'd say like what 85,500 stone maybe? Probably less since there's a lot of thrown in Metal but it's somewhere in that range with all of the High External Stone Walls being 1.5k each their own not including the gate so just go with like 100k stone I guess Lol

Wood cost uh... no idea! This was awhile ago now but way less than the stone and metal

Reactions: lashman

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

I just went south from the starting location, though the kelp forest to the edge of the grassy plains. Just to the right in that picture is the vertical tunnel to the biome below with that next level of materials. I never bothered with a big base deeper down, just took the sub and prawn suit through the tunnels. The base does have a bioreactor, the panels are just a holdover from early construction!

I did make a few mini bases consisting of a big round room, bioreactor and scanning room in various areas to find resources, crash sites etc...

The pic doesn't have my garden either!

OP
Eriugam

Eriugam

Premium Title
Nov 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Luckily this was built before they had the upkeep system that exists now otherwise I would of gone bananas.

I would probably have to go use a build tool to find out a rough guess but if I remember correctly it was originally supposed to be like a 8x8 or 8x10 kind of building that was 4? stories tall with sort of a moat around it type thing but I kept running into building blocked problems so I just said screw it and built whereever it let me.

Each wall being 300 stone and since it's most made out of that I'd say like what 85,500 stone maybe? Probably less since there's a lot of thrown in Metal but it's somewhere in that range with all of the High External Stone Walls being 1.5k each their own not including the gate so just go with like 100k stone I guess Lol

Wood cost uh... no idea! This was awhile ago now but way less than the stone and metal
I haven't played Rust since it was rebooted in a very early access, prototype state..!

I just went south from the starting location, though the kelp forest to the edge of the grassy plains. Just to the right in that picture is the vertical tunnel to the biome below with that next level of materials. I never bothered with a big base deeper down, just took the sub and prawn suit through the tunnels. The base does have a bioreactor, the panels are just a holdover from early construction!

I did make a few mini bases consisting of a big round room, bioreactor and scanning room in various areas to find resources, crash sites etc...

The pic doesn't have my garden either!
I found the Jellyshroom cave/area and the huge tree to be suitable locations to setup permanent, largescale bases.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I haven't played Rust since it was rebooted in a very early access, prototype state..!

I found the Jellyshroom cave/area and the huge tree to be suitable locations to setup permanent, largescale bases.
They have changed so much about rust it's insane.

The last big update put in an electrical system like how Minecraft has the redstone system, You've got people creating super crazy stuff like how minecraft was but it's just getting started, there's like player driven boats and hot air balloons NPC scientist compound and a bandit compound where you can trade and gamble for gear/stuff It's pretty much a completely different game in that sense but still has the dickheads that shoot you if you're completely naked for no reason other than you're completely naked

OP
Eriugam

Eriugam

Premium Title
Nov 6, 2018
United Kingdom
They have changed so much about rust it's insane.

The last big update put in an electrical system like how Minecraft has the redstone system, You've got people creating super crazy stuff like how minecraft was but it's just getting started, there's like player driven boats and hot air balloons NPC scientist compound and a bandit compound where you can trade and gamble for gear/stuff It's pretty much a completely different game in that sense but still has the dickheads that shoot you if you're completely naked for no reason other than you're completely naked
That sounds really good, the one thing that put me off Rust was the sheer time and dedication you have to invest to make it worthwhile. But on the other hand, if you have a group of buddies that all work together, it probably isn't too bad.