Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
It's funny (and a bit sad for those) to think about how left out consoles are with tactical and turn based games.

Both Chimera Squad and Gears Tactics is currently only on PC.
Indeed, although the best one will forever stay a console exclusive.

Mario + Rabbids
Don't @ me.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Marvelous/XSEED will probably bring over Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town, Rune Factory 4/5 and No More Heroes 3 eventually. Just gotta be patient
I know it's just that I need some announcement right now haha

I mean, I know for a fact about a few things coming soon but knowing them doesn't make me feel better, I WANT THE ANNOUNCEMENTS NOW!!!!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If these numbers are correct, is it worth to upgrade from my 5820k 4 ghz or should I wait and see what Ryzen 4000 will provide?

Im talking about gaming performance.

Because when I upgrade it's either gonna be only a RTX 3080 for me or the whole computer.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Hopefully I will be able to get some Japanese games, and damn, I would love some announcements coming from Square-Enix or SEGA :(
I have 25 Steambuckeroos that want to be turned into anime.
Hopefully Atelier goes on sale, but it's probably a 50/50 chance knowing KT.

Reactions: Swenhir

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I know it's just that I need some announcement right now haha
Me 5 minutes ago: "I'm not gonna read too much into his posts, that would be silly, he's just being hopeful"

I mean, I know for a fact about a few things coming soon but knowing them doesn't make me feel better, I WANT THE ANNOUNCEMENTS NOW!!!!
WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I need to find a spreadsheet that don't choose some random new typeface each time I add a line.
LibreOffice is slowly killing me. Never found where to set a typeface for the document.
OT ? Nope, I was adding the must buy to next month budget !
I'm a good boy now, I try to plan ahead.

So this month the two big releases I watch are Xenoblade Switch and Satisfactory.
But nothing is set in stone as Xenoblade bored me to tears the first time I tried it some years ago and Satisfactory interests me, but not sure I want to give the dev the... satisfaction :fashionblob:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Some interesting articles about vikings and how, being seafaring folk, they did travel beyond Europe and interacted with other civilizations

Code:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ajpa.23308

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Can we as a species for the love of god just go back to OpenOffice or something
Eh, my last adventure was, being royally fed up with the frequent manual updates, finding the auto download setting. I felt stupid but it was so good. It worked maybe one time :confounded-face:

Indeed.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I’d love some insider knowledge on where 7nm is at Intel, but it’s impressive that they’ve managed to take 14nm so far - further than I thought possible. Not to say that it’s a worthy ambition.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
I've been working with Libre for a year now, here's my review:

Can we as a species for the love of god just go back to OpenOffice or something
I recently switched to FreeOffice, after running into issues updating a couple of Spreadsheets, and so far it seems to work better than LibreOffice:

But note that you need to register for a free account and that it will occasionally beg you to upgrade to the "pro" version.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Some interesting articles about vikings and how, being seafaring folk, they did travel beyond Europe and interacted with other civilizations

Code:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ajpa.23308
I already knew Vikings were traders but this was still fascinating to read. Thank you for linking!

Reactions: Tizoc and lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
A wild Deadly Premonition Switch discount appeared. 50%, making it 14.99
Unplanned purchase, not sure I would like it, but the perspective of playing the game without a 'How to not nuke your save' guide is tempting.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Nice! Was waiting for this. Haven't started a new game since i finished Alyx. Just been playing Squad everyday. Hopefully there will be some nice discounts, i wouldn't mind playing another Atelier game, since i haven't played one since the Arland trilogy on the PS3, but knowing KT, i bet the games won't even be discounted.

Reactions: Ascheroth

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Initial Gears Tactics Impressions: I'm not sure I like it.

negatives
  • I miss a tech tree and a over-world map.
  • I don't like the random nature of equipment.
  • Equipment screen is uncomfortable, needs to many clicks and lacks information. Typical console UI in a PC game problem.
  • It's hard to recognize some enemies quickly. For example "normal" drones, and drones with shotguns that have automatic close quarter melee strikes. That's a cardinal sin in a strategy game imo.
  • You sometimes need to slowly creep forward, constantly over-watching. It can be a bit monotone.

-/+ Story is what it is. Doesn't blow me away so far.

positives
  • Surprisingly difficult at times.
  • Graphics
  • Performance
  • Sound (outstanding!)
  • Overall gameplay is mostly fine

It's not a bad game, but I'm currently happy that I've not paid 70€ tbh. Something currently doesn't click.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
All that I know about Vikings I learned from Vinland Saga

It's a must watch/read, especially in a place filled with Isekai series that are pretty much carbon copies of one another.

Also I'm a bit disappointed in that GW banner. I was hoping something of the quality of the Steam Awards. You know the one with a pixelated GabeN selling you stuff in his store. Now that was great.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

It's a must watch/read, especially in a place filled with Isekai series that are pretty much carbon copies of one another.
I have to say, the anime is great but if you like it, I strongly recommend reading the manga. The pacing of it, the art, everything about it elevates it to much greater heights than the anime with perhaps a couple exceptions.

The village's pillaging and mass grave was haunting in the anime.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
They
Starting tomorrow you can buy a 2B avatar for VRChat from Square Enix for 10000 Yen.

No, seriously.
Are also selling a 9S one.

Also isn't VM4 starting today (Wednesday?)

Also are you sure, last I checked I thought it was $20USD for each one

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Starting tomorrow you can buy a 2B avatar for VRChat from Square Enix for 10000 Yen.

No, seriously.
Seriously. The fact that VRChat has a really simple lighting model makes it so much worse. This is slightly south of a hundred freedom bucks.

You would pay the same price for two times the result of half a decade's hard work for anything from 10 to half a thousand people, also called AAA games.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Also I'm a bit disappointed in that GW banner. I was hoping something of the quality of the Steam Awards. You know the one with a pixelated GabeN selling you stuff in his store. Now that was great.
The Vikings TV series is good too and I plan on watching it some day

Vinland Saga is great too though.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im gonna play and finish AC Vikings with 1 month UPlay+ then Im gonna buy it when it's cheap as hell.

I don't expect a Steam release so that's my current plan.

Uplay added NOK currency to the store some weeks ago so 1 month of Uplay+ is cheaper now for me than in the start when it was in euro.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Gonna check out Streets of Rage 4 on game pass to decide if it's worth a purchase. Not that into beat'em ups, but game looks great. I did play Scott Pilgrim game on my PS3 and liked it though.

Reactions: Ge0force

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I feel sad for PS Plus owners. A leak a few days ago said may's Plus games would be Dark Souls Remasterd and Dying Light.

Well...

Interesting like/dislike ratio.

Me not deciding to resub my Plus sub when it lapsed in january keeps being a good decision. Only thing I miss is perhaps Crash Team Racing MP. I thought I would miss Plus exclusive discounts, but turns out I don't care for that.

Reactions: C-Dub

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hey man
Them be good games still
Console gamers got condition to too much shooty bang they cant appreciate the chill epicness of farming simulator.

Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.