Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Wake up and see Hitman 3 becoming EGS exclusive:jj_mofo:

=================================================================
On another note, they have revealed a new location. Seems like the target is not specified at the beginning because they are the killer of a murder at the mansion. Very interesting idea.

Last edited:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Avengers Beta will have a patch for this weekend:

patch notes on link, hoping for good performance.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Holy shit, reading the thread on the 'other forum about EGS.... Wow.

I'm an asshole on this site and I admit that. I magnify things out of proportion, I hold long ass grudges too. I'm actually not that nice of a person IRL as well, (literally made a product sales person, like someone who is trying to sell a product in a store who works for the product manufacturer, talk to the hand yesterday bc I didn't want to play nice)

If I'm the worst this site has to offer, I wouldn't even rate on the 'other place' Straight up someone just tried to shame anti EGS people by referencing their autism and natural resistance to change as not being a barrier to accepting EGS timed exclusives and that if they could do it than other people could too.

Don't go into those threads.
I go there with a bucket full of Popcorn, knowing that I'm going to read the most ridicilous stuff possible.

I've worked at retail during Uni, mostly night shifts at a gas station for a couple years. That experience thought me to learn how to deal with idiots.
By the way, would you have given me "the hand" during one of my night shifts it would have been the last time you would have been allowed to buy something there. We don't take shit like that from costumers over here. You play rude, we play rude.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I go there with a bucket full of Popcorn, knowing that I'm going to read the most ridicilous stuff possible.

I've worked at retail during Uni, mostly night shifts at a gas station for a couple years. That experience thought me to learn how to deal with idiots.
By the way, would you have given me "the hand" during one of my night shifts it would have been the last time you would have been allowed to buy something there. We don't take shit like that from costumers over here. You play rude, we play rude.
I know that's not what you meant but I'm just imagining angry costumed people giving you shit

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
lol.
Yeah, that's me and spelling...

The panda is actually a pretty accurate depiction of me dealing with annoying "customers". The panda should be one head taller than the poor souls angering him though.

On a side note. I bought a laptop for my parents because their old one is giving up. It's an old i5 2400m or something like that. They asked me to fix it and I can't even be bothered to check what's it exactly. It's that old. I decided to buy something new and transfer their data.

Anyway while setting it up (which means a fresh win10 install because I hate bloatware) I installed GeForce Now. Mostly for the kids, because my parents sometimes need half an hour off when their grand kids are visiting.

I'm shocked how good the GeForce Now experience is on the new ultrabook. It's just a fullHD screen, but IQ is good. running over WiFi 6, but there is barely any lag.

Played 20 minutes of the witcher 3 and I'd be able to play through the game like that without problems. I'm blown away.
Is this really the future?

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

The demo was neat. Will keep an eye out on it.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

The demo was neat. Will keep an eye out on it.
10% off on Steam if you own To the Moon.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Too much shit on sale. With good but not exceptional discounts. I kinda grew accustomed to not buy much and save money, it's a novel feeling for me. Having the coffee machine break up on us the other day and being able to tell my mom 'big deal, we just have to go buy another asap' was a nice change of pace.
Evidently has my usual luck would have it, the machine was working and I now have two fucking coffee machines, but eh (bad power outlet).

So with that said, I have to decide between...
Rogue Legacy 2 - Improbable, very good discount but I played so much of the first, and it doesn't look that different
The Darkside Detective - The demo was nice, I'm just not sure it's 5 bucks nice
Remnant Complete Edition - You gotta respect this game dedication to not discount itself to death (well, if we don't talk EGSnanigans)
Greedfall
Somnium Files

I may even buy nothing, that's how much I love not being in money trouble :so-good-blob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Too much shit on sale. With good but not exceptional discounts. I kinda grew accustomed to not buy much and save money, it's a novel feeling for me. Having the coffee machine break up on us the other day and being able to tell my mom 'big deal, we just have to go buy another asap' was a nice change of pace.
Evidently has my usual luck would have it, the machine was working and I now have two fucking coffee machines, but eh (bad power outlet).

So with that said, I have to decide between...
Rogue Legacy 2 - Improbable, very good discount but I played so much of the first, and it doesn't look that different
The Darkside Detective - The demo was nice, I'm just not sure it's 5 bucks nice
Remnant Complete Edition - You gotta respect this game dedication to not discount itself to death (well, if we don't talk EGSnanigans)
Greedfall
Somnium Files

I may even buy nothing, that's how much I love not being in money trouble :so-good-blob:
Ask yourself if you will play any of these right away, if not, then wait and they go on an even better sale by the time you are ready for them.

I for example, Im very interested in Rogue Legacy 2, Greedfall, Sominium Files, Hypnospace Outlaw and Battletoads.

Battletoads is not on sale and reviews are "mostly positive" and I wanna play Streets of Rage 4 which Im waiting to go on sale so not Battletoads.

Rogue Legacy 2 seems cool, but doesn't seem to have much content right now and I have so many other roguelikes I wanna play so I will wait and I even finished the first game.

Greedfall seems cool, but I don't have time for it right now, so I will wait.

Somnium Files also seems cool, but I have other VNs I wanna play first, so it needs to wait.

Hypnospace Outlaw is coming to game pass so I will demo it there and then decide to buy it next time it goes on sale which can be a better sale.

That's how I think when I wanna buy something these days.

Last thing I bought was Edge of Eternity which was purchased because it will get a price increase in a few days.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
But gamepass! Also, gamepass. Also, did I mention you can get it on gamepass?

Sorry. Still annoyed. And in all seriousness, I'm really puzzled at how next-gen looking that game is while being firmly early Gen 7 in its parallelism issues. I think Asobo are no slouches and they understand large scale open worlds like few others so what happened here? What's the constraint? I wonder if it was budget, or the engine they were handed.

• Love
Reactions: ISee

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Amazing. I was having performance issues in a bunch of games for months and thought my PC was finally showing its age.

Turns out Microsoft just reenabled their shitty gamemode on my pc god knows when and Im just noticing now. Fucking thanks Microsoft

Reactions: Li Kao

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
But gamepass! Also, gamepass. Also, did I mention you can get it on gamepass?

Sorry. Still annoyed. And in all seriousness, I'm really puzzled at how next-gen looking that game is while being firmly early Gen 7 in its parallelism issues. I think Asobo are no slouches and they understand large scale open worlds like few others so what happened here? What's the constraint? I wonder if it was budget, or the engine they were handed.
1.) I'm happy that I refunded the game on Steam. I've even uninstalled the game pass version. LEarning to land or take off with a fast jet brings my fps below thirty. This is not a fun experience anymore.

2.) I'm a bit salty about the state of PC games lately. First HZD, than the avengers beta and now this. Microsoft should have known better than to release the game in this sorry state imo. Beautiful is one thing but a 10900k at 5.2GHz dropping down to 24 fps during take off at 664p is ridiculous.

And yes the game is not designed to be constantly played at low[UWSL] flight altitude, but I'm even CPU limited way high above the clouds.[/UWSL]
[UWSL]To throw further salt into the wound. The game is supposed to run a modern console with a low clock, high core count CPU. No idea what they are thinking. Other than: This is clearly not ready, but we can throw it out anyway. [/UWSL]

Last edited:

FunnyJay