Community MetaSteam | August 2021 - Openness Is Its Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Also small-ish price glitch in Argentina for King's Bounty 2, the base version uses Valve's recommended price which wasn't the case for the pre-order.

Last edited:
  • Evil
  • Eyes
Reactions: Wok and Tomasety

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Li Kao I believe you were looking for some retro FPS and I stumbled on this article on Steam news so maybe you might want to check it out.

The prologue is free on Itchio.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
SEGA does have a couple of incoming PC ports in the next few months, but they're not what what the majority truly wants, and one of them may as well not count since it's stuck on epic...
Sonic Colors and

Still, some new and actually exciting announcements would be nice by now, but I don't think they'll announce anything until after Super Monkey Ball...
hey, don't be dissing Super Monkey Ball
Game has really fun physics puzzles and is basically a very arcadey silly game full of extremely hard, extremely well designed levels.
But yeah SEGA could be giving us a lot more major titles ;_;

Reactions: Cacher

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Last edited:

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
For the Onion Games fans among us who may have missed this they are considering having a Q&A on Youtube in the future and have been asking for people to submit questions here:

Onion Games - Ask Us Anything - Question Submit Form

There's no date given or even if they'll do it but if you have any burning questions like "HD Remaster of Chulip, when?" ( A: Probably never, they are a tiny company ) then go for it.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
For the Onion Games fans among us who may have missed this they are considering having a Q&A on Youtube in the future and have been asking for people to submit questions here:

Onion Games - Ask Us Anything - Question Submit Form

There's no date given or even if they'll do it but if you have any burning questions like "HD Remaster of Chulip, when?" ( A: Probably never, they are a tiny company ) then go for it.
Already sent my questions and please, keep sending them things about Steam.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I want to get up to date on Destiny 2, which fucking bundle of Beyond Light should I buy? There's like 3 of them.

It was so confusing to just playthrough the vanilla campaign when the game went F2P.

I can't even imagine what a fucking nightmare it is now with how bloated that game is.

I read the new Witch Queen DLC has content in it from seasons 16-19.

Seasons....

through

wtf

Reactions: NarohDethan

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Wonder what his other options were? Maybe in an alternate universe, GabeN would now be the CEO of the worlds largest knife manufacturer.
Mike Harrington gets no love, and apparently neither did GabeN's wife if he did it on his wedding day, yeesh man. postpone valve a week

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Give me Unsighted and Chinatown Detective Agency :evilblob:

Then give me them again in 9 months in a Choice bundle.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
hey, don't be dissing Super Monkey Ball
Game has really fun physics puzzles and is basically a very arcadey silly game full of extremely hard, extremely well designed levels.
But yeah SEGA could be giving us a lot more major titles ;_;
I didn't mean that Super Monkey Ball is bad, just that it's not a major release.

On another note, I forgot about another JP game that SEGA is bringing to the west in the 2nd half of the year and includes a Steam version, though it's something that SEGA is only publishing and not developing.

Reactions: Tomasety

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I got bored with the Microsoft stream and turned it off. I assume I didn't miss anything big besides a lot of gamepass mentions?

Kinda of hyped for Psychonauts 2. Which is probably increasing the chances of the Windows Store crapping out on me. And yes, that's how that works for me :p

5 hours to go....

• This!
Reactions: Wok

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Was thinking about Deathloop lack of hype (PC Gamer says it's low on Steam most wanted list, 38th position maybe) for a second. I wondered if the black protags cast hurt the game, which would be horrible. But I remembered I too am super not interested, because there is a fucking warning right in the title, 'Loop'. I'm not interested in Outer Wilds, nor in 12 minutes, and if it's the same thing in fps form, then nope, not that excited.

That leads me to my question (holy warm up for a little question, Batman !) : did Arkane talk about some elements of progression between loops ? Or is it 'only' yeah at that time in the game this character goes there, I can exploit that knowledge during another loop, etc.
personally for me it's a roguelike (in all but name, they seem very cagey to call it such), so it's an immediate nope. Personally disappointing as I love Arkane's stuff
Interesting.
Well I'm not famous or anything of course :p but I've been saying the exact same thing as Schafer for the past 18+ months on game pass whenever its brought up on here, or Era etc (then again it's not like I'm not the only one with this view of course :p ).

That despite the cries of "subscriptions, sustainability, ownership etc", that this is the way all media is going for the foreseeable whether you are on board or not, because the mass market just does not care about those considerations.
Subscriptions services have transformed the way we consume music and video, and imo there is no reasonable explanation for why it won't do the same with gaming in time now that game pass has kickstarted the idea there.

In a similar vein, enthusiasts for other media have corralled to vinyl and blu ray for music and video respectively for example, and I expect similar will happen for the hobbyist equivalent for gaming, most likely found within PC gaming I'd expect as that's always tended to the hobbyists.

oooh nice Signalis!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.