Community MetaSteam | December 2018 - We got 99 problems, but 76 ain't one

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramoisdead

MetaMember
Nov 5, 2018
Thanks lashman . I can finally come to this thread without all those banners killing my mobile data.

Also, a lot is happening this week. Maybe Sony should cancel their PSX conferences more often.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks lashman . I can finally come to this thread without all those banners killing my mobile data.

Also, a lot is happening this week. Maybe Sony should cancel their PSX conferences more often.
CANCEL PLAYSTATION! :p

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Can I just say how much I appreciate the features and look of MC, now that Era has shown just how bad it could be.

I 100% admit that MC's look was a bit meh to me, in the face of DarkEra (Legacy) it took some getting used to. I understand the need to move towards xenforo 2.0 though. The way Era is doing it is all kinds of wrong. Here on MetaCouncil we don't have floating avatars, useless side bars, and crappy avatar compression. Thread cover boxes are properly hidden unless utilized by OP.

It's great. I just wanted to throw some praise at whoever manages this stuff over here!
:wd_kisses:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Can I just say how much I appreciate the features and look of MC, now that Era has shown just how bad it could be.

I 100% admit that MC's look was a bit meh to me, in the face of DarkEra (Legacy) it took some getting used to. I understand the need to move towards xenforo 2.0 though. The way Era is doing it is all kinds of wrong. Here on MetaCouncil we don't have floating avatars, useless side bars, and crappy avatar compression. Thread cover boxes are properly hidden unless utilized by OP.

It's great. I just wanted to throw some praise at whoever manages this stuff over here!
:wd_kisses:
thanks :D it's just a good thing when "design" doesn't really get in the way of the content in a forum - where the posts are the most important thing, not design

:wd_heart:

and if there's anything that needs changing - there's always the "Suggestions & Feedback" forum :)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
probably the most overrated tales game, but i wishlisted it anyways lol
well it's not like anyone here will play it anyway .... we don't play games, we only buy them ;)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
39,99€, nice price.
meh, the regional pricing is mostly shit on this one as well (as with all the recent Bamco games) ... but hey, at least now we know it's going to be a good port ... so there's that ;)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, screw that pricing, Bamco. (n)

I'm not gonna pick it up at launch now. Spring/Summer sale at 50% off it is.
yeah, it really sucks ... regional pricing for most big publishers is getting worse and worse :(

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
meh, the regional pricing is mostly shit on this one as well (as with all the recent Bamco games) ... but hey, at least now we know it's going to be a good port ... so there's that ;)
I didn't check the regional price for the other regions, so I can only say that it's nice to see the price go from $49.99 to 39,99€ instead of the usual $49.99=49,99€.
Now to see (because I didn't follow if a price was announced yet) if the Atelier pack will be $=€ or not.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I didn't check the regional price for the other regions, so I can only say that it's nice to see the price go from $49.99 to 39,99€ instead of the usual $49.99=49,99€.
Now to see (because I didn't follow if a price was announced yet) if the Atelier pack will be $=€ or not.
check the previous Kecmo release (Warriors Orochi 4, i believe) - it'll probably be the same as that

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That's $60 - 70€, just like Windows Store and Console games. That'd be awful.
well if the Atelier pack will be $60 in the US then it'll DEFINITELY be 70€ in EU

they basically do console pricing on steam now ... for god knows what reason ... guess they had too many copies sold on steam or something

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, so far I also prefer this look to Era for Xenforo 2.0.
well if the Atelier pack will be $60 in the US then it'll DEFINITELY be 70€ in EU

they basically do console pricing on steam now ... for god knows what reason ... guess they had too many copies sold on steam or something

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not sure if it was back on gaf or already on Era, but I asked their Community Manager about the pricing on Steam one day and he told me that their Japanese Branch is in charge of all things PC and PC pricing...

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, so far I also prefer this look to Era for Xenforo 2.0.
:wd_heart:

Not sure if it was back on gaf or already on Era, but I asked their Community Manager about the pricing on Steam one day and he told me that their Japanese Branch is in charge of all things PC and PC pricing...
pretty sure that's true for most (if not all) Japanese games on steam ... it's always the JP HQ dictating the pricing

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The bundle costs 81 euro, 33% discount. Each game is discounted 10% and costs 36 euro each.
that's not completely awful ..... maybe that's because they're "remasters"

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
81€ ... good bye all my delicious food.
Compiled with much of the DLC that's been released until now!
I wonder about that wording and even more the meaning, most of dlc? not all? which ones are included then. KT pls

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
pretty sure that's true for most (if not all) Japanese games on steam ... it's always the JP HQ dictating the pricing
Hm, in that case I guess KT really are the special case they are because they just are.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
The Atelier Arland series is out

Save 33% on Atelier Arland series Deluxe Pack - アトリエ ~アーランドの錬金術士1・2・3~ DX on Steam

The bundle costs 81 euro, 33% discount. Each game is discounted 10% and costs 36 euro each.
Man, KT keeps launching games on Steam with terrible prices, new games I can understand but even if they are 'remasters' these games have been very cheap on other platforms.

Let's cross fingers that they offer good discounts in the summer sale (Christmas is too close so I don't see them putting these games on sale so soon)... :cry:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Man, KT keeps launching games on Steam with terrible prices, new games I can understand but even if they are 'remasters' these games have been very cheap on other platforms.

Let's cross fingers that they offer good discounts in the summer sale (Christmas is too close so I don't see them putting these games on sale so soon)... :cry:
I wouldn't put much faith in a good discount. The earlier Atelier games on Steam haven't received a large discount since release

Reactions: Matimeo and lashman

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
not gonna happen, KT offering a good discount probably would break universe at this point

edited: Toukiden: Kiwami is a good example of KT discounts, the game was released in 2015 , it still costs 60€ (they latest games are already 70€ each btw) and it never was discounted more than 50%. KT doesn't devaluate their property, make no mistake!

Deleted member 113

A head's up:
today is the last day to complete the first elusive target on Hitman 2.

Just trying out the mission unlocks you an explosive pen.
If anyone is yet to do so, and has 30 minutes to spare, give it a go.

HITMAN 2

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
A head's up:

HITMAN 2
The elusive targets are time exclusive? Damn, looks like I won't be able to do that

Does the Atelier games have a fetish for barrels?

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
It's an ongoing joke and it is a good one.
In older Atelier games barrels often had stuff hidden in them, so when your character sees barrel, it goes: BARREL! meaning free stuff
now it's just inside joke, only fans of series really get

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I was trying to stay positive, come on guys! They should have learned how to do discounts by now, right? :p

A head's up:

HITMAN 2
I completed it yesterday, the path to the exit was very tense as I was being chased and my heart was racing. Not bad for the first elusive target :whistle:

Deleted member 113

I completed it yesterday, the path to the exit was very tense as I was being chased and my heart was racing. Not bad for the first elusive target :whistle:
I also completed it yesterday. I was very worried, due to my lack of experience (and I wanted to go through the Miami map a few times, to better understand it, but only ended up going through it once, in a hurry), but I actually had a surprisingly stress-free run.
I'm terribly slow going through missions (I usually take around 2h 30m with each chapter), but it only took me 27 minutes to finish the elusive target (with Silent Assassin ranking) and of those 27, I spent at least 7 looking for the security room where I could delete the camera recordings, because I completely forgot where it was... :p

Here's what I did:
In the intro to the mission, it tells you a number of options you had. The first one was to go meet a guy that was waiting for you in the entrance, and he would take you to a meeting with the target. That's what I went for.
So, I went to the entrance, incapacitated a guy to the left (the one in the Coat Check) to get his clothes, and went with the guy at the entrance (there's a green icon identifying him, and he calls you, so he is easy to spot) to meet the elusive target. Just outside of that meeting place, there were two security guards. There was a bathroom to the left, and I used it (and coin throws) to incapacitate them, and I hid their bodies on a sort of closet, and took their clothes. I was hoping with that to reduce the number of people around the target so I could kill it when the meeting was over, but that didn't work, because when he left the room there were still people around him inside and outside the room. So, I went with the target through a few rooms, while he was checking on things and talking to people (there were plenty of things to sabotage, but I didn't risk doing that, and just calmly waited for a chance).
After a while, he went back in the direction of the room where the meeting took place, but just before he could enter, I used the bathroom to the left and a coin throw, exactly like I did with the two guards earlier, and first incapacitated him (to make sure I wasn't spotted; if I was, I could restart, but I not if I had killed him already), and then when I confirmed everything was safe, I broke his neck, and left his body behind the bathroom door (I had no more space in the closet, because the two guards were there already), hoping it wouldn't get spotted.
After that, I just put back the clothes I stole from the Coat Check guy, and calmly left the building.

That took me probably less than 20 minutes. And then... the funny part started. I was at the gates, just about to leave the mission, happy that I was just about to complete it successfully, but thinking that I wasn't going to get a Silent Assassin ranking because I was filmed by security cameras, when I had the brilliant idea to go back to the building, and run around everywhere, looking for the security room. If I was spotted, I could always run for the exit. But, since I completely forgot where it was, I went inside and outside the building several times (thankfully, since the bodies weren't spotted, and I had a technician costume or whatever, no one bothered me, I just had to avoid one or two guys who could see through my disguise). After several runs, and minutes, running around in circles, I finally noticed it in the garage, where I had already went to several times, but for some reason completely missed it (when it was fairly obvious; it was right in the center! :p). I had an access card I took from one of the guys when I stole his clothes, so I just opened the door, and deleted the footage (the guard in that room is sleeping). I finally left, with a successful run, Silent Assassin ranking, in 27 minutes.

Since the next target is still a few weeks away, I'm hoping I'll be better prepared next time.;)

Reactions: lashman and Echoes

Ryne

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2018
For some reason I can't purchase that Atelier pack, I guess it's because it's not available in NA yet?

Edit, nevermind, I was able to buy it on my 5th try. Always interested in these games, will give it a shot for once.

Last edited:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
A head's up:

HITMAN 2
I wish these things weren't temporary. When I eventually get to buy the game I won't have access to any of this content. Hell, I already missed out on Hitman 1's elusive targets, and I haven't even started that game yet. This really sucks.

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
The regional prices for that Atelier pack doesn't look all that bad. Except for me, obviously, since they did go with 1$=1€. I'll wait it out for a 50% discount down the line, since it isn't even something I'd play right away (I feel all responsible lately, weird).

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'm just being a shameless jerk to post in here and say that Era is gonna be murdered during the game awards if these server issues keep messing up the site @_@
yup. they got like a day and half to figure this out before the big reveals absolutely wreck Era with the traffic.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Does anyone know how long the game awards are gonna be?
I kinda wanna watch them for the announcements but the show starts at 2:30 am for me.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.