Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Got a random achievement unlock during Halo Reach's opening cutscene, quickly followed by the sound cutting out entirely. Not even all sound, just the cutscene's, I guess? Because the game's menu was still doing sound effects when I quit the game.

So yeah, great first impression lol. Don't know if this is specific to the game pass version but I'm kinda glad I held off on spending actual money for now.

edit: jfc it actually happened again lmao. I even got a different achievement this time.

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
2 protips for anyone playing this game.
1. If you switch the language in the properties tab to Japanese, the game will re-download all the data. Make a backup of the SaGaSCARLETGRACE\SaGaSCARLETGRACE_Data\StreamingAssets\Bundles\Voice\ folder, switch back to English, let it redownload stuff and then copy back those files for instant UNDUB.
2. Since this is a Unity game, it won't work properly on a GSync screen - Unity doesn't allow for exclusive fullscreen and we all know non-exclusive one doesn't really work properly, has never worked and most likely never will. Inject SpecialK (64bit version, rename to dxgi.dll) and change the D3D11->SwapChain Management->toggle Flip Mode Presentation and then restart the game for the buttery smoothness you expect from GSync.

As a sidenote, the VN segments are hard-locked to half of your screen's refresh rate, so will play at 30 fps for a lot of people. 3D stuff seems to be unlocked, and given the game's VITA's roots, should run at 120+ fps on a toaster.

Last edited:

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Lmao I let the soundless cutscene play just to see if there would be sound once the actual mission started. It didn't, I got booted back to the difficulty selection screen. At least I didn't get a third random achievement this time, I guess. Gonna go ahead and call this a trash port, at least for the Game Pass version.

Oh and unless I'm missing something there doesn't seem to be any graphical settings whatsoever. Just a single toggle between normal and "enhanced", with no real explanation of what it does. Like, I get that it's an old game and that basically everyone will max it out easily but still....

Reactions: MJunioR

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
we all know non-exclusive one doesn't really work properly, has never worked and most likely never will
It does work in fact, but the game has to correctly use rather new (IDXGIFactory5) presentation facilities.

I do know for a fact that a JRPG releasing on PC in spring next year will work just fine with non-exclusive G-sync (and adaptive sync for that matter) :p

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
It does work in fact, but the game has to correctly use rather new (IDXGIFactory5) presentation facilities.

I do know for a fact that a JRPG releasing on PC in spring next year will work just fine with non-exclusive G-sync (and adaptive sync for that matter) :p
Explains why you ordered a ton of RTX cards a couple of months ago. lol

j/k

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

DAMN, DURANTE TEASING ONCE AGAIN, CAN IT BE JANUARY ALREADY FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT?

Reactions: PC-tan and TheTrain

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
The Evil Within 2 got a permanent price cut on Steam, from $59.99 / 59,99€ to $39.99 / 39,99€ (some regions prices were updated as well, like Argentina (AR$925,99 > $624,99), India (₹ 2,999 > ₹ 1,999), Mexico (Mex$ 1199.00 > Mex$ 803.00), Poland (259,00zł > 124,00zł), Russia (1999 ₽ > 1299 ₽), etc.

Here's hoping that it doesn't take two years for Beth do the same on Rage 2 / Wolfe YB.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018

That's what the option in SpecialK basically does, IIRC - forces the game's SwapChain to use that mode.
Works great on most Unity titles at least.
Also, :sweaty-blob:

Reactions: Mor and TheTrain

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Steam controller feels like a nice little thing, I hope it gets a v2 or something like that, also I can bind Cheat Engine speed hack to the "back" triggers or whatever those are called and it's awesome.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah... I'm going to wait a bit to play Halo Reach (Gamepass version). I have the sound levels bug (everything appears to at the same level or lower than expected) and when I get a achievement there is a 1 second freeze.

Again, Gamepass promo, so can't really complain. And it great to see the numbers on Steam.

Oh well, I'm probably ready to finally play Life is Strange 2... or... maybe... just maybe... a game I just bought on this sale :p

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Lmao I let the soundless cutscene play just to see if there would be sound once the actual mission started. It didn't, I got booted back to the difficulty selection screen. At least I didn't get a third random achievement this time, I guess. Gonna go ahead and call this a trash port, at least for the Game Pass version.

Oh and unless I'm missing something there doesn't seem to be any graphical settings whatsoever. Just a single toggle between normal and "enhanced", with no real explanation of what it does. Like, I get that it's an old game and that basically everyone will max it out easily but still....
I was also a bit confused about the lack of graphics settings, but like you said a potato will run this. The sound issues are really weird, especially because I don’t recall having any such issues during the beta.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah... I'm going to wait a bit to play Halo Reach (Gamepass version). I have the sound levels bug (everything appears to at the same level or lower than expected) and when I get a achievement there is a 1 second freeze.
I was also a bit confused about the lack of graphics settings, but like you said a potato will run this. The sound issues are really weird, especially because I don’t recall having any such issues during the beta.
Well, at least I'm not the only one having issues with the gamepass version, I guess. And yeah the sound bug wasn't there in the flight I tested a few weeks ago. And that was also the Microsoft Store version, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I also noticed some weird, corrupted text with missing characters in some prompts so it made me think maybe the install got fucked somehow. I'm redownloading it but I'm not expecting much.

I feel like I can't complain too much considering I got gamepass for super cheap but I was really looking forward to getting into the series, so this kinda sucks. If reinstalling the game doesn't fix it then I'm just gonna cut my losses and play something else for now. I need to finish Dad of Boy before my PS Now sub runs out, anyway. It's disappointing to miss out on the day one hype but whatever, I'll get the Steam version once it's cheaper and more games have been ported.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019

That's a first right? I mean, tying a bonus preorder (Or whatever you want to call it) to a steam feature and not an actual sale. Think of the possibilities, like tying special unlock to an achievement or even better, an Ubi Club like system tied to Steam itself

Reactions: Wok and ISee

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

That's a first right? I mean, tying a bonus preorder (Or whatever you want to call it) to a steam feature and not an actual sale. Think of the possibilities, like tying special unlock to an achievement or even better, an Ubi Club like system tied to Steam itself
Not sure if I get what you mean but IIRC TF2 has some items that unlocks when you get an achievement in other games. it's a first for CSGO, though, yeah.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I went to my job and well, and I guess $500USD or so of mine just disappeared...... I am going to have to talk to the MOD but ya. So my last date on the job was NOV 26, the pay period ended on Nov 23, pay day was Nov 29. I did not get my direct deposit and the store did not have a check for me either..... Since I did work for 2 days after the pay period ended and because the store that I work at has this strange rule about how your last pay check will just be a prepaid debit card. They did have the card and I thought my $500 would be on it, but no it only had $100 for the 10 or so hours that I worked on from Nov 25 and Nov 26, So ya 2 weeks worth of pay is just gone.

I will talk to the main person at the store since they maybe able to help, what is strange is how my last "check" (the debit card that they gave me) says pay from Nov 15 to Dec 07, which is bull.

I am just frustrated is all.

Reactions: Li Kao

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Well shit, reinstalling Halo MCC actually fixed the issues I was having. Guess the install was corrupted after all. Something must've gone wrong with the preload, I guess. So I take it back, it's not the port that's trash, it's the Xbox app. :p

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
So one of the better known XCOM streamers (beagle, for anyone curious) just basically called Phoenix Point the Fallout 76 of the genre on stream.

Do what you will with this information.

edit: i also thought the game was gonna be on gamepass?

Last edited:

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018

Please be CS3 :coffee-blob:

Reactions: PC-tan and lazerfox

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Out-of-control spending is a time-honoured tradition of the silly season. :dana_blanket:
I made a mistake of not saving what my total spending last month was.
Will di for this period to compare as months go by. I did spend more this period than last month but mainly because i got a new 5 tb hdd. Had i not, my spending would be comparable to last month.

So many games i would want to get come winter seal, but i need to budget since
1. Bundles offer the games i want
2. I am going thru my steam backlog so ive got games for daaaaayyyyyyyyyys
3. Not worth buying a game, let it sit in my.library for months then it showing up 50% cheaper or more

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I went to my job and well, and I guess $500USD or so of mine just disappeared...... I am going to have to talk to the MOD but ya. So my last date on the job was NOV 26, the pay period ended on Nov 23, pay day was Nov 29. I did not get my direct deposit and the store did not have a check for me either..... Since I did work for 2 days after the pay period ended and because the store that I work at has this strange rule about how your last pay check will just be a prepaid debit card. They did have the card and I thought my $500 would be on it, but no it only had $100 for the 10 or so hours that I worked on from Nov 25 and Nov 26, So ya 2 weeks worth of pay is just gone.

I will talk to the main person at the store since they maybe able to help, what is strange is how my last "check" (the debit card that they gave me) says pay from Nov 15 to Dec 07, which is bull.

I am just frustrated is all.
What a strange way to pay salaries to the employees :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:

Reactions: Milena and Wok

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
So one of the better known XCOM streamers (beagle, for anyone curious) just basically called Phoenix Point the Fallout 76 of the genre on stream.

Do what you will with this information.

edit: i also thought the game was gonna be on gamepass?
Oooooooft 😳

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What a strange way to pay salaries to the employees :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:
Ya it's weird, for some strange reason they also have an option that if you want they could just pay you in pre-paid debit cards or something like that in general. But ya I was at least aware that they do this but I had just forgotten. Well the last 2 days I worked are on the card but not the last 2 weeks

Wasn't Epic's money supposed to help developers make better games, or at least, you know, not rush out buggy unfinished ones? 🤔
which game?

Reactions: Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Ya it's weird, for some strange reason they also have an option that if you want they could just pay you in pre-paid debit cards or something like that in general. But ya I was at least aware that they do this but I had just forgotten. Well the last 2 days I worked are on the card but not the last 2 weeks
That is scummy :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:. Is this a way to avoid taxes? Is it your new job or old job that doesn't pay?
Anyway, I hope you'll get what they owe you. $500 is a lot of money for an individual

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That is scummy :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:. Is this a way to avoid taxes? Is it your new job or old job that doesn't pay?
Anyway, I hope you'll get what they owe you. $500 is a lot of money for an individual
Not who you're quoting and I'm talking from experience but some places are uh...special in how they pay employees if they quit, since the calculation is done by other people/department. Honestly it comes down to how much of a cunt your manager is/was. Some of them do really count the actual worked hours to pay you less, while other are more chill and pay you in full.

Reactions: Deku

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Persona 5 PC.
Etrian Odyssey Steamy Collection.
Blue Dragon + Lost Odyssey Dual Extreme Feature.
Bruvva I'm with you 66.666% of the way but Durante's effort will be wasted on Persona 5. Let that game rot to obscurity since there are other Megaten games which are more worthy to be ported. DDS, Nocturne,etc. Shit, even Raidou duology are better choices compared with Persona.

Reactions: PC-tan
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

well, i finished Life is Strange 2 yesterday

i have no words ...

this is the absolute best game i've ever played (and i'm not saying this lightly)

it's so much better than the first one too ... in every possible way (and i really like that one as well!)

and i REALLY don't need to see 50 people commenting on this, saying how much they hate LiS2 ... this is just my opinion on it ... don't take this away from me!
☝ not an actual spoiler

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

well, i finished Life is Strange 2 yesterday

i have no words ...

this is the absolute best game i've ever played (and i'm not saying this lightly)

it's so much better than the first one too ... in every possible way (and i really like that one as well!)

and i REALLY don't need to see 50 people commenting on this, saying how much they hate LiS2 ... this is just my opinion on it ... don't take this away from me!
☝ not an actual spoiler
Hmm interesting. Only played LiS 1 so far and it's good. but not 10/10 category. How would you compare it to that?

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.