Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
I should get older psychedelic rock this month

It's like getting a hug from my dad, except if he dropped a ton of acid and didn't have shitty race opinions
E: Sorry to hear that Winter Queen

Reactions: Wok

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I just finished Final Fantasy XV some hours ago. I played it when it launched but never finished, so much of it was new to me. I also watched Kingsglaive before starting it, although I almost slept during it (well, to be fair I can't stand two hours watching movies unless it's a real gem, so it doesn't mean much).

It's not a bad game, you know, but it isn't that great either. I had lots of fun doing side-quests and the story, while clearly incomplete, had its moments too. Its initial hours and ending hours are its weakest parts, though. I were this close of dropping it before chapter 3, and chapter 11 through 13 weren't fun.

I ended reading a non-official sum up of the Dawn of the Future novel, which supposedly tell the story of the DLCs that SE cancelled early this year and I dunno how I feel about it, overall FFXIII and its sequels dealt with gods much better than FFXV, even if a bit confusing at times, I might end playing the released episodes and wait for the official EN version next year though, I really like XV characters. Anyway:

Reactions: lashman

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
Apparently too many folks ordered $5 Steam Controllers... y'all should check your order status and make sure yours didn't get canceled!
Mine still says shipping soon but I dunno if I'm still in the clear. Kinda regret getting it last minute and not getting the case as well.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Another great thread!

Unfortunately, between the Game Awards and the first Steam releases of EGS exclusives, I expect the "Epic" drama will really ramp up this month :(

But in better news, I'm also on the list that is waiting for final episode to drop before starting LiS 2... despite buying it at launch :p

And that Retro Challenge will probably make do another one: "find your old joystick disassemble it and fix it".

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
cant wait for these two this month

at least a heads up regarding red dead, it suffers from certain gameplay things being tied to framerate (the stamina consumption and eating etc) so effectively higher framerate you go the more food/faster you consume stamina and the more weight youll gain. just a heads up for anyone who waited on steam release.

the giveaway i did have planned this month is most likely going to be alot smaller than orignally intended, sadly my nan passed earlier today,

there will be a halo giveaway and a Gujian giveaway this month though

moving further my next ot will be DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT if it comes out in january ofcourse.

and thanks lashman for these threads, going into jan and onwards ill probs start adding recommends each month :p
:cat-heart-blob:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Wow this year has moved fast! Seems like only a short time ago I joined all of you wonderful folks here. Then I realize it's already been almost 8 months! Heck, in a couple days it will be 4 since I started the co-op thread! :face-screaming-in-fear:

I cannot thank you all enough for making this one of the best years I've had in a long time. Many of you have become folks I consider true friends. :photoblobheart:

Also thank you again for putting together an amazing thread lashman!

And now I go await the coming dread that surely awaits me as the reality of how much I spent on Black Friday and the few remaining gifts I still need to buy finally hits me..

the giveaway i did have planned this month is most likely going to be alot smaller than orignally intended, sadly my nan passed earlier today,
Oh no.. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure everyone understands. Family stuff is always far more important.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
cant wait for these two this month

at least a heads up regarding red dead, it suffers from certain gameplay things being tied to framerate (the stamina consumption and eating etc) so effectively higher framerate you go the more food/faster you consume stamina and the more weight youll gain. just a heads up for anyone who waited on steam release.

there will be a halo giveaway and a Gujian giveaway this month though

moving further my next ot will be DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT if it comes out in january ofcourse.

and thanks lashman for these threads, going into jan and onwards ill probs start adding recommends each month :p
Condolences, Queenie.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Wow December already, really does feel like it was just yesterday that winter ended, but here we are again.

Heh weird, seeing this thread and realising it's Christmas soon I got that christmassy feeling one used to have as a kid, maybe it's because I'm up early and going to play games!:D
have fun :)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
What games are releasing in january? Forgot that dbz kakarot is releasing early.
MH Iceborne
I'm sorry for your loss, Queenie :(

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
haha, nope ... there are like 3 Vampire games coming next year ;) (no, i'm not joking)
Uh, I know about the big one and the VN, what’s the third Vampire game ? :hushed-face:

Sorry to hear about your loss, the giveaways are not important, your well being is, take care Queenie !

:wd_heart:

Wow this year has moved fast! Seems like only a short time ago I joined all of you wonderful folks here. Then I realize it's already been almost 8 months! Heck, in a couple days it will be 4 since I started the co-op thread! :face-screaming-in-fear:

I cannot thank you all enough for making this one of the best years I've had in a long time. Many of you have become folks I consider true friends. :photoblobheart:
That warrants a hug, no ? That warrants a hug.
H-U-G :blobily: :blobily: :blobily:

Last edited:

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
My refund for Insurgency: Sandstorm had arrived. Are these Destiny 2 things worth it? Is Black Desert good? LMAO, i dont know what i want. Maybe I'll continue my D:OS2 campaign hahaha

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
... and it's a great thread too! :D
That coop thread was amazing, thank you!
Aww! Thank you both, you have no idea how much it means to hear that. :cat-heart-blob:

In the beginning I was so worried it wouldn't take off and I'm really grateful to everyone that has taken an interest in the thread and/or the events. It's been truly heartwarming.

That warrants a hug, no ? That warrants a hug.
H-U-G :blobily: :blobily: :blobily:
Heck yeah! Hugs are always welcome! :blobhug:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
The only Halo I ever played was 1, and I didn't like it much (which is probably the reason it's the only one!).
Now I have two friends who want to play the Halo:Reach campaign in coop so it will be my second encounter with the franchise. In my experience a game has to be actively bad not to be fun if you play it with friends in campaign coop so I expect good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.