Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
Never buy hardware or invest in a platform just for one game. Be it switch, vr, xbox or ps4.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake is shaking! (Also when Brigandine is released on Switch next year).
But yeah, I can't seem to justify the costs of these things even if I really want them. I have more time reading about video games than playing them hehe

Reactions: MJunioR

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Hmm, just had an email saying that I've redeemed my Origin Access code but I haven't done that.
Have I been hacked or something?

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Wait, there's a Twin Peaks VR game?? :oops:

Never buy hardware or invest in a platform just for one game. Be it switch, vr, xbox or ps4.
Too late, my Oculus Rift S arrived today :p

Pffft.

Bloodborne is worth it alone.
Nah, I still contend that Bloodborne is the worst of the FROM Souls-likes. Sue me people!

I wonder how many PS4s are out there mostly as a dust collector / Bloodborne machine, count mine in ;)
Ditto. I think I literally own just Bloodborne and MediEvil.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
I wonder how many PS4s are out there mostly as a dust collector / Bloodborne machine, count mine in ;)
I haven't played anything on my PS4 since early 2017. Bonus points if you can tell what game that was!

With so many JP games now coming to PC, doubt i'll ever buy a PS5.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I've had my PS4 since launch and i don't think i've played any of the Iconic Playstation AAA games or series. No Spidey, TLOU, Uncharted, GoW, Souls, Sekiro, Nioh, HorizonZD, etc. It's my overflow console for when i don't want to get the game on PC or Switch.
I think it's why i have such a disconnect with other forums, i'm not really a AAA Console Gamer.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I use consoles only for exclusives and considering all future Xbox exclusives are coming to PC, I will only get a PS5 next gen and the next Nintendo console.

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
My PS4 was supposed to be my Third party exclusive JRPGs and fighting games machine, but now it's become more and more irrelevant as the years go by. It also got the final death for me when Sony finally allowed crossplay, so now I don't have to worry for any future games with the biggest playbase to be locked in one platform or another.

Bonus points if you can tell what game that was!
Persona 5, Y0 or Nier?
:thinking-face:

Reactions: PC-tan

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I've been using my PS4 as a dust collecting machine since 2015 (when I made a new computer capable of handling every game). I don't care about AAA cinematic games and everything else is on PC or I'm convinced it will be on PC at some point. Unless my interests change dramatically, I'll never buy a PS5.

----------

Sorry for your loss Winter Queen. We're here if you need to vent.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
My PS4 was supposed to be my Third party exclusive JRPGs and fighting games machine, but now it's become more and more irrelevant as the years go by. It also got the final death for me when Sony finally allowed crossplay, so now I don't have to worry for any future games with the biggest playbase to be locked in one platform or another.

Persona 5, Y0 or Nier?
:thinking-face:
Yep, that was Persona 5 :cuteblob:

Hopefully Sega gets Atlus to put Persona 6 on PC.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I've owned pretty much every console up to this point, but going forward I think I'll stay PC only. The freedom I felt when I sold all my games, consoles, collectors editions before moving to Paris was so liberating! Now I just carry around my macbook pro with thousands of games and it's pretty damn awesome!:D

Reactions: Wok

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Interesting topic,folks. I bought mine 2 or 3 years ago and I doubt I finished more than 10 games during that timeframe. I have started thinking about selling it, do you think it is a good idea? I usually keep all the systems I buy but in this case I don't have the same 'attachment'...

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Why no TLOU, Spidey, GoW etc.?
Oh yeah I forgot Spidey.

I've played GoW and TLOU and was unimpressed with them, so I traded them in afterwards. Ditto to that for UC4 and Killzone 4.
I tried Person 5 and got bored, so that was another trade in too.
Didn't play Horizon cos it looked dull to me.
Can't think of much else tbh

Last edited:

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Here's a little tip if your going to play Halo on controller. Consider changing the button layout from the default setting to "Bumper Jumper". I played Halo 1 and 2 on default settings for years until I finally switched in Halo 3. It took me months to get used to it but it is considerably better since it allows you to jump and turn simultaneously.

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Here's a little tip if your going to play Halo on controller. Consider changing the button layout from the default setting to "Bumper Jumper". I played Halo 1 and 2 on default settings for years until I finally switched in Halo 3. It took me months to get used to it but it is considerably better since it allows you to jump and turn simultaneously.
But why would you want to play Halo on PC with a controller
:ThinkingDarkness:

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
Oh yes, new thread smell! It's like 2019 only begun, time sure flies fast lol. Time to catch up with some games released this year and prepare the GOTY list.

By the way, I finally finished the video I was working in the past few months. It's 30 minutes long and it's about Russian gaming magazines:

I understand it's hard to watch the entire thing in one sitting (though I've split it into parts and tried to make it as less boring as possible), so I've left timestamps in the comments of the video on YouTube. I've literally put my heart and soul in this video, so I hope you'll enjoy it! I also rarely asking about this, be I'll grateful if you'll share it with your friends so more people could watch it. Planning to make more live-recorded videos on other topics, though it's a really timeconsuming process, and lack of free time is a big issue for me right now. But currently I just want to forget about everything and play some games, Disco Elysium is really damn good so far and I might even finish it before the end of the year, even though it's a long game.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
What's a good Spiderweb Software game to begin with? I'm sorta interested in getting one of their games

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
PS4 still gets a lot of JP games early or sometimes exclusively. Like I bought DQ builders 2 on it this year because 1 never made it to PC so we all assumed 2 wouldn't either. I don't feel dumb now because it was a pretty logical bet at the time, I blame SE for being stupid instead. I know FF7 will come to PC eventually but it's such a big deal for me that I won't wait the many months or year it takes to get here.

Xbox is the weird one because game wise it has no value to a PC gamer and yet I keep mine around almost solely because of MS rewards. I made $22 in points last month alone and probably around $8 of that was due to the gamepass quests that require the console app to utilize or playing console gamepass games.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Uh, I know about the big one and the VN, what’s the third Vampire game ? :hushed-face:
this one:

Wait, there's a Twin Peaks VR game?? :oops:
there is indeed :) even has a store page

Bloodborne is FromSoft’s best game and i will not be having any slander
not with that framepacing ;)

Reactions: Li Kao

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
PS4 still gets a lot of JP games early or sometimes exclusively. Like I bought DQ builders 2 on it this year because 1 never made it to PC so we all assumed 2 wouldn't either. I don't feel dumb now because it was a pretty logical bet at the time, I blame SE for being stupid instead. I know FF7 will come to PC eventually but it's such a big deal for me that I won't wait the many months or year it takes to get here.

Xbox is the weird one because game wise it has no value to a PC gamer and yet I keep mine around almost solely because of MS rewards. I made $22 in points last month alone and probably around $8 of that was due to the gamepass quests that require the console app to utilize or playing console gamepass games.
If theres one thing I learned. If a square enix game doesnt release on PC. Give it a year before buying it on console. I held off on Builders 2 and im really glad I did now.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
By the way, I finally finished the video I was working in the past few months. It's 30 minutes long and it's about Russian gaming magazines:
This is very interesting, I'll make sure to watch it later. My SO studies Russian language and is very interested in Russian popular culture so I'll link it to her as well. Thanks for making the video!

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Damn, sorry for your loss Winter Queen :/

Next Friday will be pretty intense. Double-whammy of remaining Monthly unlocks + all Choice games at the same time.

And here I already have my hands completely full with a ton of games 😅

Still only in act 2 in Gujian after 30 hours.
Not even done with the first of the 2 Digimon games.
A lot of story content left in Soulcalibur.
Barely even started with Portia when it took the backseat for Gujian.
And then I was in the mood to resume Romancing SaGa 2 again.
And Operation Abyss as well.

Most of those are pretty big games and those are just the ones I'm actively thinking of right now, there are still tons of others waiting.
What I want to say is, easiest sale to not buy anything :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.