Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Is there way to disable seeing "likes" on here?
You can use uBlock Origin for that.

Code:
metacouncil.com##.is-active.js-reactionsList.reactionsBar
metacouncil.com##.reaction--1.has-reaction.actionBar-action--reaction.actionBar-action.reaction--small.reaction
metacouncil.com##.reaction--1.reaction--imageHidden.actionBar-action--reaction.actionBar-action.reaction--small.reaction
The first line is for:

The second line is for:

The third line is for:

Last edited:
Reactions: Eferis and lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
You can use uBlock Origin for that.

Code:
metacouncil.com##.is-active.js-reactionsList.reactionsBar
metacouncil.com##.reaction--1.has-reaction.actionBar-action--reaction.actionBar-action.reaction--small.reaction
metacouncil.com##.reaction--1.reaction--imageHidden.actionBar-action--reaction.actionBar-action.reaction--small.reaction
Thanks!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Did something happen to Steam broadcasts? I remember most of the top 8 having around a few hundreds of viewers. Now it's 7000+ for all of them. Just a sales/holiday bump, or maybe the inclusion on game pages (but that's hidden by default)?
Also, are there really 9000 people watching Kingdom under Fire 2? Something seems off here :p

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Did something happen to Steam broadcasts? I remember most of the top 8 having around a few hundreds of viewers. Now it's 7000+ for all of them. Just a sales/holiday bump, or maybe the inclusion on game pages (but that's hidden by default)?
Also, are there really 9000 people watching Kingdom under Fire 2? Something seems off here :p
there is a quest to watch a friend broadcast, so maybe a lot of those streamers got a lot of new friends?

Reactions: lashman

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
there is a quest to watch a friend broadcast, so maybe a lot of those streamers got a lot of new friends?
It been like that for a while now, before the sale, traffic has increased dramatically. I don't recognise any of them but maybe it's finally taking off. I hit 10 viewers last time I tried!

Reactions: Deleted member 113

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Playing FarCry 5 I realize just how much I want and need a FPS GTA! Add in some more RPG mechenics/Depth and it would be my dream game. I know we have Cyberpunk coming but for me I very much would prefer present day and our world.
GTA V plays very well in first-person mode, if you haven't given it a shot already.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The awards
Best Ongoing Game: Sea of Thieves
Best Remake: Resident Evil 2
Best Character: Untitled Goose Game
Best Action Game: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Best Setting: Control
Best Expansion: Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers
Best Comedy Game: What the Golf?
Best Strategy Game: Total War: Three Kingdoms
Best Design: Slay the Spire
Best Open World Game: Red Dead Redemption 2
Best FPS: Apex Legends
Best Adventure Game: Outer Wilds
Game of the Year: Disco Elysium

Personal Picks
James Davenport: Session
Joanna Nelius: Afterparty
Evan Lahti: Remnant: From the Ashes
Fraser Brown: Man of Medan
Chris Livingston: Outward
Rachel Watts: Telling Lies
Phil Savage: Anno 1800
Wes Fenlon: Amid Evil
Andy Kelly: Observation
Tom Senior: Destiny 2
Steven Messner: Metro Exodus
Tyler Wilde: Project Winter

Last edited:
Reactions: freshVeggie

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Happy New Year friends.
2020 will be an insane year for gaming. I just hope things improve for me financially.
Considering bundles and sub services
You will
I mean if Acti and Team 17 can put their game in a bundle about a month since their release
Why even bother giving them money upfront?
If their initial consumer base, who bought their games to support or because they like the product and really wanted to support, are nothing but a monetary statistic of sorts
The heck should I care about you anyways?

I am a little salty on Yooka 2 on EGS, but on the one hand, if it means more people get to play it, cool, but it shows how games have devalued so much.
Honestly if a game isn't Top Seller on Steam; just wait for a bundle.
If it is Top Seller on Steam for a long period....wait for a bundle still.

I've long decided on waiting out on games earlier this year; I hadn't gotten any Bamco games for one thing. And in 2020, I aim to keep that up...unless it is a classic compilation release kind of thing....that is discounted well....

Reactions: ISee

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
This sale is probably the sale where I got the most refunds of things I bought. First Transport Fever 2, now The Guild 3. I even want to ask for a refund on Yooka 2 since it's already free on Epic and it will probably be bundled sooner than later but guess I can keep that one, it wasn't super expensive.

Anyway, for all of you living in the future, happy new year and decade, all the best :minos_emperor:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Yeah, Steam broadcasting has steadily been growing it seems.

Also, I totally figured out the Lara Croft Temple of Osiris problem. Well, I figured out why it happens, but not WHY it happens. :blobnerd:

In Windows 10 you can have your "Regional Format" be mixed, like English (Finland) for example. That means that the regional format is formatted the way we normally do it in Finland, but it's all still written in English. This mixing is what's causing the crashing for some reason. If I switch it to Finnish (Finland) or English (United States) the game ends up loading the intro movie with the book just fine.

Durante you said that when you tried it when I asked about it recently it also crashed for you (but didn't back in 2015), I'm kind of dying to know if this weird solution works on your end as well.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Last two quests were easy, here's hoping it continues like that
EDIT:
Yeah, just using a simple feature of the chat

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

T2 surely loves money and GTA V online updates are clear proof of that, and so does their (often successful) attempts to milk it in every way possible but I don't think this is what the Labor of Love Award meant.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
T2 surely loves money and GTA V online updates are clear proof of that, and so does their (often successful) attempts to milk it in every way possible but I don't think this is what the Labor of Love Award meant.
yeah ... pure bullshit

Warframe should've won that one

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Anyone else having trouble getting the broadcasting quest done? I try to watch my friends broadcast and it just never loads. It will be really annoying if I miss this because of their technical shit.

Also, I could use some more Steam homies if anyone wants to be buds: Steam Community :: Stavers I find a lot of good games I would have otherwise missed through the friend activity feed.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Anyone else having trouble getting the broadcasting quest done? I try to watch my friends broadcast and it just never loads. It will be really annoying if I miss this because of their technical shit.

Also, I could use some more Steam homies if anyone wants to be buds: Steam Community :: Stavers I find a lot of good games I would have otherwise missed through the friend activity feed.
Your friend must approve your viewing I think

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.