Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I turned on my Xbox One X for the first time in at least 8 months, realized there is nothing to play despite having game pass, so went back to my laptop. Console gaming is actually boring for me now. Feels like all the creativity in games is taking place on PC first and foremost.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I turned on my Xbox One X for the first time in at least 8 months, realized there is nothing to play despite having game pass, so went back to my laptop. Console gaming is actually boring for me now. Feels like all the creativity in games is taking place on PC first and foremost.
Its hard going back to consoles after playing on pc for a while.

I am replaying Scholar on PS4 right now and just seeing shitty PS+ resub banner pop up every time I launch the game is awful. I still can't believe they get away with that shit. Making people pay to make use of something they already pay money for. All the upgrade fees for next gen titles on PS5 also sounds disgusting.

Console makers really need to provide a better and more consumer friendly service. Especially as physical disks die out over the next decade and they do digital only devices.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Console makers really need to provide a better and more consumer friendly service. Especially as physical disks die out over the next decade and they do digital only devices.
Yup. Honestly, looks to me that console only people are always ready to lick some boots and get taken hard from behind by the console makers regardless of what's happening.

It's still incredible to me how much Steam provides the players while on consoles, console holders provides so little to the players and still wanting to get payed for it.

The console ecosystems are boring, lacking and still you have to pay for them. Haven't payed for PS+ since january 2020 and Switch Online sub lapsed in august this year. My game pass ultimate sub ends summer 22 and I have currently no plans to resub regardless of cheap deals.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I've finished 78 games this year, and it looks like that'll be my final tally. If I hadn't blown 80 hours on Umineko Question Arcs ((n)), I probably could've done a few more Still, I'm pretty happy with that number. Of those, four were on Switch and the rest on PC. Twenty were new purchases, so I've shortened by backlog by 58 games. Nice!

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Anyone interested in splitting a 4-pack of Project Zomboid with me? I already have one taker (my brother), so need two more. Out of US, if there are any restrictions on that one, so 7.50 per if we split it.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I've finished 78 games this year, and it looks like that'll be my final tally. If I hadn't blown 80 hours on Umineko Question Arcs ((n)), I probably could've done a few more Still, I'm pretty happy with that number. Of those, four were on Switch and the rest on PC. Twenty were new purchases, so I've shortened by backlog by 58 games. Nice!
I'll be happy to beat 36 games in 2022. That is the goal i'm setting for myself. 3 Games a month. Anything extra is sugar on top, far as i'm concerned. :fingergunsblob:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I would like to mention that buying physical goods off the microsoft store is stupid

I bought 3 things, a Controller a Charger+Cable, A USB Receiver, Total is 120.38 I used a 100$ giftcard so in theory my order should be 20$ total so I use paypal as well.

They split the order into multiple shipments and charge it at different times! Great!
Not great. They charge my paypal instead of using the fucking giftcard for no apparent reason so now I'm out real money instead of monopoly money. After getting sent through a loop-de-loop on their help system I get someone that could help and the answer was to wait until the thing shows up, do a return and then re-order it with customer services help so they use/do it correctly.

I've had split orders on amazon etc and never had this happen

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I'll be happy to beat 36 games in 2022. That is the goal i'm setting for myself. 3 Games a month. Anything extra is sugar on top, far as i'm concerned. :fingergunsblob:
That's a good goal. I'm probably not gonna go as hard on finishing many games next year. For one, I've now completed pretty much all the short games in my library I wanted to play. I'd also like to spend time to get into a few of the long games I've got, like DA:O.

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Started playing Sekiro after finishing all my other "in progress" games and holy shit that game is gooooooooood
That feeling when you clear an area without being seen :heroblob:
Great game. The more I think about it, the more fondly I recall the process of learning its ins and outs. I got all the chievos earlier this year, but I think I will still replay it sooner than later. Maybe have a crack at that post-release content they added.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and pinson

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I hope you enjoy it. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is low-key one of the best open-world RPGs in over a decade. Up there with Morrowind, Gothic, and Fallout: New Vegas. A lot of attention to detail was considered in immersing you in its world.
I played it a bit. Really like how dynamic the choices are. At the beginning I originally refused to throw manure to the house with Henry's friends, but when I follow them anyway and they say "oh, at the end you want to come with us!" on the way. At that moment I felt that the world is truly alive and aware of my presence. Amazing.

Gonna focus on other games for now as this looks like a huge time-sink. Finish up some games on hand first, then Shadowrun Dragonfall, then I will start playing Kingdom Come. 2022 is going to be fun.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
So many new city builders and here I am playing Cultures 4 / 8th Wonder of the World

I tried playing Surviving Mars but the game's mechanics are kind of clunky

• Eyes

FunnyJay