Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Tim Epic nonsense
Double Standard, thy name is Tim Sweeney

~

Steam's got a "Best of 2022" banner...and it doesnt work.

this should be it, if it goes live.

Code:
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/BestOf2022?snr=1_4_661__bestof2022-banner

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Steam Deck was shown yesterday on the Norwegian state channel NRK when talking about the state of the games industry in Norway, about how Norway need to invest more in games.

Annoyed they showed a pic of the Deck when starting the reportage because it's not available here, still.

It's on category number 11 in the video.

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Not been around much due to visiting family over xmas etc; I'm not going to share my Replay as the numbers are pretty minor this year.

My free time has been eaten up more (work, new gf) and sub-divided (anime, movies, tv) plus I've played moreso on PS5 this year and had some general games burnout.
That being said, I think I'm passed worst of that now and I'm still aiming for a new build in Q1 2023 and my Deck will definitely help get some more Steam time in (actually my Replay didn't show me having a Deck so it must have been too late to include it).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Awareness of the gaming PC market and the advantages of choosing PS5
――In recent years, gaming PCs have become more popular in Japan, and users who used to play on home video game consoles are increasingly using PCs. What do you think of the gaming PC market?

Nishino We recognize that the number of users is increasing in the gaming PC market, and we see it as a large market not only in Japan but also globally, and we have been paying attention to it for some time.

In addition, while PCs used to have interfaces like keyboards and mice, we understand that there are more and more cases of people playing with game controllers these days. With that in mind, we would like to prepare a function to link Steam accounts and PSN accounts, and provide functions unique to PS through PSN.

Still, very interesting noness. Hoping for trophy support like with Xbox games at some point.

Google translated from 3年目を迎えるPS5とPS VR2について、SIE 西野秀明氏に訊く。PS5の生産状況、PS VR2への期待、そして勝負の年 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The Steam Deck was shown yesterday on the Norwegian state channel NRK when talking about the state of the games industry in Norway, about how Norway need to invest more in games.

Annoyed they showed a pic of the Deck when starting the reportage beause it's not available here, still.

It's on category number 11 in the video.
Well, not sure how well it compares, but in Austria you often have the problem that companies sell things in Germany online, without offering the same products to Austria. So there are services where you can basically "rent" a German address to which you can order stuff, and they then forward things to you in Austria.
Is there something similar between Sweden and Norway? Because from what I understand, you should be able to order Steam Decks to any address in Sweden.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Some sales news

This year we have reached another sales milestone, with 3.5 million sales being passed this Christmas. We are still having steady and consistent sales of about 500,000 each year, which in retrospect validates the original no-sale policy we have stuck with since we launched on Steam in 2016.

Hey, Keepers! It's been an amazing 3 months since the first Dome dropped. We've seen over 300,000 Keepers make planetfall, retrieve countless relics and set some really impressive high scores.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Frictional has been releasing some short gameplay clips for Amnesia The Bunker:

Guns! Handsgrenades! Explosions! :)
I like that doors are demolished, but the walls are basically untouched by the explosive strength of a grenade and/or barrel or gasoline/gunpowder.
Still, looks interesting, and to me, Frictional are top of class for physics based puzzle horror.

Stalker looks cool. Very familiar, almost like a remake of the first. Hope it's fun and polished and gets a great mod scene.
It's wild the genesis of this series. The original game was an unfinished mess THQ kinda dumped on the world in frustration after close to a decade, GSC's handling of the devs and the missteps at the initial sequel design. Now with an actual war happening outside their doors, STALKER2 looks to be coming together better than the previous 3 entries. There is some weird (hopefully not crunch-fuelled) magic occurring in GSC that I just can't comprehend.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekeats1999

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I like that doors are demolished, but the walls are basically untouched by the explosive strength of a grenade and/or barrel.
Still, looks interesting, and to me, Frictional is top of class for physics based puzzle gameplay and horror
huh.. yep! and i didnt even notice that. im so "trained" that any destructible doors in games would not harm walls that it didnt occur to me :) but yeah, but of a missed opportunity there!
Im generally curious how this game will turn out. Physics puzzles are indeed a trademark of Frictional, but this focus on guns and explosions is new & interesting.
Regarding horror, I gotta say I didnt find their games after The Dark Descent particularly scary anymore, but thats just me...got a bit too used to this kind of horror :)

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
huh.. yep! and i didnt even notice that. im so "trained" that any destructible doors in games would not harm walls that it didnt occur to me :) but yeah, but of a missed opportunity there!
Im generally curious how this game will turn out. Physics puzzles are indeed a trademark of Frictional, but this focus on guns and explosions is new & interesting.
Regarding horror, I gotta say I didnt find their games after The Dark Descent particularly scary anymore, but thats just me...got a bit too used to this kind of horror :)
Soma did me in with its setting. What can I say? I'm a big wuss and I love a good oppressive atmosphere, even if it's kinda samey or done before. Meanwhile also hating it because i can only play it for like 10 minutes at a time, and have to save scum to keep myself in check.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Soma did me in with its setting. What can I say? I'm a big wuss and I love a good oppressive atmosphere, even if it's kinda samey or done before. Meanwhile also hating it because i can only play it for like 10 minutes at a time, and have to save scum to keep myself in check.
aye no worries! not gonna judge anyone. I think I just played Amnesia TDD a few times to many and in the end nothing was scary any more and it became apparent how these games work (hell, they detailed it in a blog post once) and once that formula became obvious, it stopped working for me :) Nowadays I find these games more cozy than scary ;)

SOMA did have a "wuss" mode, did you try that?

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
What the hell happened here?
Same thing that affected almost every game released in the last year or two: It's a giant mess of bugs and bad performance.

They even had a beta period and media previews like 6 months ago were highlighting how rough it was and it didn't really get fixed up at all.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Just finished Weird West, so good!

If it wasn't for my love of PnC adventure games, it would have been my GOTY this year. Incredible game, especially for a new studio. (to be fair, they have some quite experienced devs under their umbrella, but as a team they are new)
You should ask for a refund, that's clearly false advertising right there.

• This!
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Knurek

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
If it wasn't for my love of PnC adventure games, it would have been my GOTY this year. Incredible game, especially for a new studio. (to be fair, they have some quite experienced devs under their umbrella, but as a team they are new)
Yeah the team has some good experience behind and as you say as a first game it’s fantastic! Playing it I kept seeing how a follow would be. So I really hope they get to make a second one!

Reactions: Mivey

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
What the hell happened here?
A bunch of promised features, like weapon crafting still have a Coming Soon on them, 2 months after launch, meanwhile the only thing they added since was an Microtransaction shop, all the while the game is obscenely low on content (5 maps, with 2 missions each)

• Clean Seal
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.