Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
The Steam Deck was shown yesterday on the Norwegian state channel NRK when talking about the state of the games industry in Norway, about how Norway need to invest more in games.

Annoyed they showed a pic of the Deck when starting the reportage because it's not available here, still.

It's on category number 11 in the video.
I'd love to play this game, anyone know the name?

Also having watched that, I don't know of any games or studios from Norway, but I do from the rest of the Nordics. Even Iceland has CCP.

EDIT: Having looked it up, Funcom is from Norway. I always thought they were finnish...

Reactions: lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Also having watched that, I don't know of any games or studios from Norway, but I do from the rest of the Nordics. Even Iceland has CCP.
Can't help you with that screenshot, but Red Thread Games is from Oslo. They made Dreamfall Chapters. And Funcom is the company that some of the Red Thread Games people worked on before, who made, among other things, The Last Journey and the first Dreamfall game. Their MMO The Secret World was pretty big.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
It's not a game, it's a funny thing NRK made for the reportage.
Yeah I know, it just looked so goofy haha.
Can't help you with that screenshot, but Red Thread Games is from Oslo. They made Dreamfall Chapters. And Funcom is the company that some of the Red Thread Games people worked on before, who made, among other things, The Last Journey and the first Dreamfall game. Their MMO The Secret World was pretty big.
Yeah, thought Funcom was finnish for some reason, but they are big. Never really heard of Red Thread before, I thought Dreamfall Chapters was made by Funcom. It's kinda weird though that the swedish games industry is so vibrant compared to it's neighbours (I might be a bit biased in my thinking too).

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! spiel is giving away 3 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jan 1, 2023 at 4:43 AM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

I forgot to pause December's Humble Choice, but at least I had Toem and WTWTLW on my wishlist. Here are the leftovers!

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! spiel is giving away 1 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jan 1, 2023 at 4:46 AM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

forgot to click on add game...

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Jesus Steam Deck, you like to rough love, don't you ?

Ready to finish Norco. Try to launch Norco.
Steam Cloud is not up to date, you played on Deck yesterday.
Me : hey, good call, you will download the save.
Me doing my best Nathalie Portman : You will download the save, right ?
Steam client : crickets

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Curious what sort of piles of shits 2023 will bring us. Climate catastrophes? New pandemic or global medical crisis? Alien invasion? A war? New cold war?

Reactions: Kyougar and lashman

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Alien Invasion would be nice for a change. Maybe we could stop being dicks to one another for me than five minutes.

Nah, we are fucked...

Darktide has turned out to be a bit of a disapointment to me now. With more emphasis and thought put into the cash shop than anything else. With just 4 base classes, a handful of maps and the enemies being Nurgle again when there are so many other things that could have been done (I would have loved a Genestealer cult slowly morphing into a full blown Tyranid invasion).

The main reason it is so disappointing though is that the core gameplay is so much fun.. The moment to moment gameplay is great. Going from ranged combat to melee is great and the weapons are there to suit many different playstyles.

A shame really.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Curious what sort of piles of shits 2023 will bring us. Climate catastrophes? New pandemic or global medical crisis? Alien invasion? A war? New cold war?
I'm going left field and going to say assassinations will be be the big thing in 2023, and not just Russians from windows

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Alien Invasion would be nice for a change. Maybe we could stop being dicks to one another for me than five minutes.

Nah, we are fucked...

Darktide has turned out to be a bit of a disapointment to me now. With more emphasis and thought put into the cash shop than anything else. With just 4 base classes, a handful of maps and the enemies being Nurgle again when there are so many other things that could have been done (I would have loved a Genestealer cult slowly morphing into a full blown Tyranid invasion).

The main reason it is so disappointing though is that the core gameplay is so much fun.. The moment to moment gameplay is great. Going from ranged combat to melee is great and the weapons are there to suit many different playstyles.

A shame really.
I really agree with the last part especially.
Actually playing the game is insanely fun, especially with a good, communicative team on high difficulty.

But due to the complete lack of variety or metagame, you just very quickly have your fill, especially as switching to another class is a pain in the ass with everything being locked to each character (which wasn't the case in Vermintide 2).

Reactions: thekeats1999

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yes

and in other news:

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Me playing Bayo 3 on emulator: this needs a PC version.

Also, Bayo 3 is somewhat dissapointing so far. The best thing is the combat, everything else, eh. Hope it changes.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Me playing Bayo 3 on emulator: this needs a PC version.

Also, Bayo 3 is somewhat dissapointing so far. The best thing is the combat, everything else, eh. Hope it changes.
I've been playing it also (on switch- not handheld). It does need a PC Version. The combat is indeed great. The story is nonsense, just like Bayonetta 2, so no change there. But yeah.... Viola is just not as much fun to play as. Makes some sections drag quite a bit.

Riru

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
I just get bot responses from steam support.. so i marked my account for deletion
made a new account.. i find out my phone number is blacklisted as well.
okey please explain to me mr gaben how im suppose to resolve this case when im stone walled by your stupid auto response bots..
it took a full bloody month last time i had to deal with steam support to get phone verification working.
All the responses i got from steam support was blaming my phone provider but in the end it was your stupid sms provider that was broken.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It was such a strong year for TV shows I could probably list 15 that I loved this year. And I still haven't even seen Andor, HotD or Wednesday.

Movies on the other hand...I think I only really liked 2 films all year. Everything else was meh.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I just get bot responses from steam support.. so i marked my account for deletion
made a new account.. i find out my phone number is blacklisted as well.
okey please explain to me mr gaben how im suppose to resolve this case when im stone walled by your stupid auto response bots..
it took a full bloody month last time i had to deal with steam support to get phone verification working.
All the responses i got from steam support was blaming my phone provider but in the end it was your stupid sms provider that was broken.
Is your CC and phone from the Taliban or ISIS or something? Or the dark web?

Did you threaten some Valve employees in any way?

Your problems are so crazy.

Riru

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
Is your CC and phone from the Taliban or ISIS or something? Or the dark web?
Did you threaten some Valve employees in any way?
Your problems are so crazy.
I used the card on multiple accounts while dealing with the phone verification bullshit.
thats probably the reason but i cant get to talk to a real person.
-
Me trying to give gaben money

Gaben after i used Bank ID to verify the transaction

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.