Community MetaSteam | February 2020 - Marching Towards Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

Looks good, prudis.

But sadly, they are making some missions exclusive to $100 tiers and up, so I'm out.
To quote them:
«start any new Knight with an introduction to Max Mercer, the legendary cyber-tactician and head of security at Crane Technologies. Get pulled into Mercer’s web of schemes and follow a unique storyline to gain special early game opportunities only someone in such a position of power can offer.»

I really dislike when developers do this. It's one thing to do cosmetics, another is to lock missions and story content (like this game will be doing), or even an exclusive recruitable character (like Expeditions: Conquistador did).

Oldschool PC

Nov 23, 2019
Am I missing something? It looks pretty cheap and generic to me, yet they already raised over $20,000,

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
lashman

the achievement for kakarot is a bug unlock at moment but its easy to do especially by time you finish game which ive just done

addddd me to list :D

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

More Idol sim management stuff for PC

oh I wonder how different this one will be from the western version

I know that a lot of game companies have different positions and stuff like that but aren't some of the "roles" at Valve sort of weird at times? By which I mean do other companies have stuff like statisticians, economist, and physiologist?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Gimmi all them mech games :blob_hype:
Though I played a bit of the demo of Daemon x Machina and that didn't really impress me tbh.
Still, the artstyle is great and it's a mech game. Will pick up in a seal.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
it's marvelous so it isn't too surprising, they've been pretty open to ports after Senran Kagura success, back then SK was mentioned having strong back catalogue sales even in the financial report of Marvelous Inc.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
One of my main reasons I didn't buy the game on my Switch is that I found the framerate for the demo to be terrible, but otherwise I liked the game a lot.

This obviously makes the PC version the absolute superior version as long as the content remain the same.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
One of my main reasons I didn't buy the game on my Switch is that I found the framerate for the demo to be terrible, but otherwise I liked the game a lot.

This obviously makes the PC version the absolute superior version as long as the content remain the same.
There may or may not be some missing content and that's is because of the anime collaborations that the game had in Japan. It's possible that Nintendo just didn't want to pay for those. Some one should ask XSEED.

Also it seems like 60fps is the cap for the game?
DXM is no surprise and there were a lot of signs that pointed to it being a thing, as for AC that will not happen since Nintendo owns that IP,
DXM is no surprise and there were a lot of signs that pointed to it being a thing, as for AC that will not happen since Nintendo owns that IP,

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Like how W101 is supposed to be 100 percent exclusive to the Nintendo Wii U :p
As some one else already mentioned, W101 sold so badly that Nintendo just outright doesn't seem to want anything to do with it at all, as with AC that sold over 1 million units in about a month or so I think.

1 IP didn't do very well while the other did pretty dang good

Maneil99

Jan 3, 2020
Anyone Here try GTFO? Thinking about getting it now that my Friends are nearing the end of completing all of L4D2 on Expert.

Also anyone here try Wolcen? Thoughts?

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
As some one else already mentioned, W101 sold so badly that Nintendo just outright doesn't seem to want anything to do with it at all, as with AC that sold over 1 million units in about a month or so I think.

1 IP didn't do very well while the other did pretty dang good
a game can sell poorly or really good and it will still come to Steam, you just gotta believe.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Anyone Here try GTFO? Thinking about getting it now that my Friends are nearing the end of completing all of L4D2 on Expert.

Also anyone here try Wolcen? Thoughts?
I like the look of it, but does is there still no matchmaking? As in, you have to invite people.

Maneil99

Jan 3, 2020
I like the look of it, but does is there still no matchmaking? As in, you have to invite people.
Yeah, that's what kept me from launch, I believe devs said matchmaking will come, but now that I have friends that want to play I feel safer buying it.

fearthedawn

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
For being a f2p without much talk around, Let it Die is quite fun.

One of the more stupid things i ever did in a video game, loved let it die :)

That said i bailed afterwards and never touched it again because the grind gets truly horrifying and i had no intention of buying continues. For anyone starting out in the game (and if the balancing didn't change too much over the years) beating the floor 20 boss is a nice goal to achieve with little grind required, beating floor 30 is a challenge and anything beyond has some of most punishing (or expensive) gaming you can find.

Reactions: lashman

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Am I missing something? It looks pretty cheap and generic to me, yet they already raised over $20,000,
It's more about what's under the hood than how it looks on the surface.

The Trese Brothers are a two-man team working out of Boston who focus on depth & strategy in their production design. Their games are renound for having layer upon layer of systems with impressive complexity for a team so small.

They also pour incredible amounts of TLC into their individual releases over a sustained period of years, constantly tinkering, updating & expanding them at no added cost to the end user.

Their latest, Star Traders, launched on Steam Early Access in mid-2018 EDIT: Nov. 2017. It's since seen 198 content updates, an average of almost twice a week since launch 26 months ago. These guys are obsessed with iterative development, expansion & improvement. And they don't ask for a dime beyond your initial purchase.

So their games do look kinda amateur on the surface (though it has been improving over releases with their last one looking quite "lo-fi charming"), but the meat of the experience is the complex gameplay systems with levels of granularity that very few devs aspire to.

Trese Bros. remind me a of a few other solo/couple/few-person dev teams that have these passion projects where you can't help but see all the love & labor they pour into the project. Games like Caves of Qud, RimWorld, TOME, UnReal World or the almighty Dwarf Fortress itself. Titles like these will never be lookers by any stretch, but will always be regarded as among the all-time best in the business.

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Anyone here played Knights & Bikes? Picked it up in the GOG christmas sale for 4€ and played a bit today. Only finished the first part so far and rarely did I want to like a game more but failed. Makes it really hard for me to stick with it.

Reactions: Nabs

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Anyone here played Knights & Bikes? Picked it up in the GOG christmas sale for 4€ and played a bit today. Only finished the first part so far and rarely did I want to like a game more but failed. Makes it really hard for me to stick with it.
I did. What don't you like about it?

It's definitely very simple, as far as actually doing stuff in the game. Gameplay is kind of there for filler. It's more fun as a 2 player game, but even then ... I liked the style, though I often like games that are far more style than substance, just for the ride. I liked the story and the huge amount of heart the developers crammed into the game. It's very inspired. But there were some levels where I was like "yeah lets just get this over with" because the actual combat isn't terrific.

Reactions: BlueOdin
Status
Not open for further replies.