Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
[Hidden content]
I think what was suggested about gating it behind a members-only section or whatever would be a good idea. Ideally with some kind of post count requirement like that one hidden content tag to discourage people from signing up just for the leaks, with no intention of ever participating in the community.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

AshenOne

Dec 22, 2018
Oh god, the next guestpocalypse is coming isn't it?
Maybe some thread should be visible by members only.
Hang on, this khawaja07 person from Reddit is not actually a member here, right? The last thing we need is a bunch of Reddit dregs signing up for accounts here hoping to get insider info (lmao) and whatnots.
Google gave me Ashen One, I know the user is on ERA.

SO WHY HASN'T THE USER SHOWN HIM/HERSELF HERE
Seriously ? That person posts here ?

That's low. That's the best way to ensure Queen won't be seen here. :/
Yeah, once Queen's leaks started getting outside attention I kinda figured it was only a matter of time until something like this happened. That's why I said something when Detective Rando paid us a visit a little while back. Just seemed like bad news to me.

Also, from what I understand, Queen makes it a point to post her leaks only here because it's a small community. So whoever made that reddit thread is a fucking asshole. Like, seriously, what the hell?
For info:

There is [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]1 Redditor[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] Among Us.
It's not me. I was in the Cafeteria.
Guys. Its me. I asked and talked with Queen for a significant amount of time before doing anything like this and if she or or peeps will be in jeopordy if i do anything like this. I just wanted her stuff recognized publically on a place thats not Era or other places where people are just remove shit without giving shit a chance and require hardcore verifcation and background checks. People can be assholes yeah but well i was still personally induldging them until queen wanted to reply to them herself. Metacouncil is not a place thats not lurked by many outsiders lol. Even before posting such stuff, i read comments on that subreddit where people would lurk Metacoucil might be even members of it, talking about stuff being discussed here on gaming subreddits.. Also i think its fair to call this forum a public place and once more and more people join it will only get further crowded so its only a matter of time before people find out more and more about it. Anyways I apologize if i hurt anyone else's feelings by my actions but i just wanted Queen's stuff out there and people to recognize stuff being correctly leaked.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Seems like Omega Force is better at making games when it's based on other Studios' IPs.

Currently playing P5 Strikers on hard and I'm honestly surprised they've managed to make an engaging game. (on the gameplay/combat side). No doubt that it wouldn't be the same without P-Studio's input.

Hopefully, the studio can learn from this and implement fresh ideas in their future titles.

• Love
Reactions: Arsene and lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
lashman I think you posted about Means TV a while ago? I've been watching their "Preserving Worlds" playlist and it's really enjoyable. It's very reminiscent of the Jason Scott style of documentary. Obviously it's focused on preservation but it's not an in-depth factual program more a chat with people and their stories about the game, community levels and preservation. A nice, easy list to watch.

The ZZT program is a good intro to the show and kind of relevant here. Tee hee hee. "Jokes" aside, it's worth watching.

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Guys. Its me. I asked and talked with Queen for a significant amount of time before doing anything like this and if she or or peeps will be in jeopordy if i do anything like this. I just wanted her stuff recognized publically on a place thats not Era or other places where people are just remove shit without giving shit a chance and require hardcore verifcation and background checks. People can be assholes yeah but well i was still personally induldging them until queen wanted to reply to them herself. Metacouncil is not a place thats not lurked by many outsiders lol. Even before posting such stuff, i read comments on that subreddit where people would lurk Metacoucil might be even members of it, talking about stuff being discussed here on gaming subreddits.. Also i think its fair to call this forum a public place and once more and more people join it will only get further crowded so its only a matter of time before people find out more and more about it. Anyways I apologize if i hurt anyone else's feelings by my actions but i just wanted Queen's stuff out there and people to recognize stuff being correctly leaked.
As long as they discussed and got the go ahead to make the reddit post there is no need to hate on this guy.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
lashman I think you posted about Means TV a while ago? I've been watching their "Preserving Worlds" playlist and it's really enjoyable. It's very reminiscent of the Jason Scott style of documentary. Obviously it's focused on preservation but it's not an in-depth factual program more a chat with people and their stories about the game, community levels and preservation. A nice, easy list to watch.

The ZZT program is a good intro to the show and kind of relevant here. Tee hee hee. "Jokes" aside, it's worth watching.
yeah ... they have lots of cool stuff (even just the free ones)

and Preserving Worlds is seriously great!

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
For info:

to be fair i never actually gave the full go ahead i did say multiple times im not really looking for huge fame or wanting shitty internet cred, they asked me to do a twitter and stuff which i dont have interest in doing.. if people post this stuff elsewhere feel free it really dont bother me and im already posting this stuff on a open place anyway, but yea i never actually gave the full yes just by end of just said up to you lol, people know by now atleast here they do unless they are people i truly trust will they get screenshots or things of stuff i mention.

like most here do know its a small place where most of us haave travelled through the years on numerous communties, and well half my leaks might not even see the lkight of day because thats just this industry and thats why many known huge leakers dont say things until its 100%, but i will happily say something because atleast people know movements of things and things were in place etc etc.

and no i wont stop posting stuff here

elden ring is ramping up ready for a trailer to drop soon and alot of info dump probs a ms drop next month

tales of arise is on gamepass at its launch

persona 5 golden should be announced on pc soon

ff7r is gonna be announced for pc soon with egs and steam, unless epic sneaked in a last minute cash dump, but im sure that would of headlined other day not kingdom hearts which the port was finished over ayear ago lol

should be hearing some news on timepslitters soon, tossing up between e3 or gamescom at moment

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
AshenOne Honestly, i was just taking the chance to put some VTuber memes into the main thread... and i did. Three of 'em! :dabblob:

This next bit is just a general post not specifically in reply AshenOne.

I've been gaming and talking about gaming for long enough to know that plans change at the drop of a hat for a thousand reasons and i hope most people here know that too. As Queen said we're a bit of a mish-mash of people who have wandered through the same or similar sites for years and have ended up here for a chat and some jokes away from the madding crowds.

We mainly came here to avoid drama so the last thing we would want is more of it here so i'm glad Queen will still post here as it would be sad if they stopped and i know there's at least 5 users here that enjoy discussing Queen's posts and would ugly cry if Queen left. lol.

Last edited:

AshenOne

Dec 22, 2018
AshenOne Honestly, i was just taking the chance to put some VTuber memes into the main thread... and i did. Three of 'em! :dabblob:

This next bit is just a general post not specifically in reply AshenOne.

I've been gaming and talking about gaming for long enough to know that plans change at the drop of a hat for a thousand reasons and i hope most people here know that too. As Queen said we're a bit fo a mish-mash of people who have wandered through the same or similar sites for years and have ended up here for a chat and some jokes away from the madding crowds.

We mainly came here to avoid drama so the last thing we would want is more of it here so i'm glad Queen will still post here as it would be sad if they stopped and i know there's at least 5 users here that enjoy discussing Queen's posts and would ugly cry if Queen left. lol.
Aight. Emergency alarms are off and back to the bathroom i go.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Metacouncil is not a place thats not lurked by many outsiders lol. Even before posting such stuff, i read comments on that subreddit where people would lurk Metacoucil might be even members of it, talking about stuff being discussed here on gaming subreddits.. Also i think its fair to call this forum a public place and once more and more people join it will only get further crowded so its only a matter of time before people find out more and more about it.
I appreciate you posting your reasoning for all of us here. But the question I need to ask is: why do you feel the need to disseminate this information on Reddit in the first place when Queen herself has stated she's not looking for internet points or notoriety? Sure, MC is a public forum and nobody could stop internet detectives from doing what they do best, but you could've easily discussed the news on Queen's own thread here, instead of on Reddit considering she may receive harassment or worse.

Furthermore, it's not that I don't like to see this forum grow, but I feel trying to elevate MC as the place for "leaks" is the wrong way to go about it. I'd rather have people come in here organically because they like the community and the people in it, rather than "a source of info" like a certain purple forum.

Last edited:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
should be hearing some news on timepslitters soon, tossing up between e3 or gamescom at moment
Is this a remake or a sequel, and who even owns that IP now? Last I remember it was with Crytek, but theyve basically gone off the radar for a while now when they arent suing the StarCitizen devs

AshenOne

Dec 22, 2018
I appreciate you posting your reasoning for all of us here. But the question I need to ask is: why do you feel the need to disseminate this information on Reddit in the first place when Queen herself has stated she's not looking for internet points or notoriety? Sure, MC is a public forum and nobody could stop internet detectives from doing what they do best, but you could've easily discussed the news on Queen's own thread here, instead of on Reddit considering she may receive harassment or worse.

Furthermore, it's not that I don't like to see this forum grow, but I feel trying to elevate MC as the place for "leaks" is the wrong way to go about it. I'd rather have people come in here organically because they like the community and the people in it, rather than "a source of info" like a certain purple forum.
The answer to that question would be... because she was ok with info being public and her information being legit unlike other people who spread fake leaks for fun, i thought spreading this info would bring more excitement to people looking for PC ports of the games they want on a broader spectrum and frankly i was tired of people dismissing similar rumors everywhere i go based on their narrowmindedness and not being open minded enough but then you raised the point of possibly her receiving harassment over reddit which is frankly something i somehow didn't think about seriously and find even the thought of it as disturbing and I honestly don't think i want to take any chances with that and i'll immediately delete my thread. Thank you for bringing this point up. The internet is just not worth giving any chances like this to i guess..

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I guess Persona 3 to PC is dead now that they went to Strikers and 5 soon.

Really disappointing. I don't get how they see the ridiculous success of P4G on Steam and not port 3 :disappointed-face:

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018

Really disappointing. I don't get how they see the ridiculous success of P4G on Steam and not port 3 :disappointed-face:
Honestly, give it time. Them going straight to P5 really doesn't tell us anything either way. It hasn't even been a year since P4G launched on Steam. It makes sense to prioritize the latest installment that has a sequel/spin-off coming out. P4G came out of nowhere. Now that the flood gates are open, who knows what they'll bring and when.

And hey, the longer it takes the more likely it is to be a full blown remake or updated edition. Which, let's be real, P3 is in dire need of. As it is, with P3 FES and P3P it's very much a "pick your poison" situation. Both versions have serious downsides.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
The answer to that question would be... because she was ok with info being public and her information being legit unlike other people who spread fake leaks for fun, i thought spreading this info would bring more excitement to people looking for PC ports of the games they want on a broader spectrum and frankly i was tired of people dismissing similar rumors everywhere i go based on their narrowmindedness and not being open minded enough but then you raised the point of possibly her receiving harassment over reddit which is frankly something i somehow didn't think about seriously and find even the thought of it as disturbing and I honestly don't think i want to take any chances with that and i'll immediately delete my thread. Thank you for bringing this point up. The internet is just not worth giving any chances like this to i guess..
problem is sadly most people just are stuck in their ways, hell people on era and stuff dont understand devoplment and still do lazy dev etc etc, or doing understand things.

thats the thing with leaks, most leaks arent stuff thats way out normally few weeks or months max before announcement because its safe relatively (in that project wont be canned etc)

instead im happy to post what i know like the respawn arpg star wars project that was only pitched last december (it might not ever even see announcement but who knows)

covid has also changed so much in that alot of stuff i mentioned got juggled or such and some really dont understand how much that has effected things

u then have the sony ports the reason many think they arent announced is because they arent real

reality is, covid put a wrench in things on top of that the poor horizon at launch port they want to avoid that sorta situation again on top of that with ms making even more waves in purchasing bigger publisher i can also see sony maybe sticking to guns and not going full on accepting pc.

pile all of that together and well possibilites are endless wether all of this ever sees the light of day. but up until very recently i still know that basically 99% off the sony projects are still pc tracetroy

with god of raggy and horizon most lilkeley missing this year, why not drop dad of war on pc this year like horizon was last year and get some more dough

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Persona 3 is a really tough nut. Which version do you even port? Portable has the FeMC and is more accessible but is massively downgraded graphically and doesn’t include the whole 30 hour Epilogue from FES. But FES itself has so many obnoxious issues that Portable fixed.

Feels like it’d be better if Atlus just remade it on P5’s engine with FeMC + QOL Changes from Portable and The Answer from FES at this point.

I just hope if ATLUS takes the straight forward route and ports an already existing version they port FES. Portable’s lack of animated cutscenes and overworld being turned to menus is super lame and FeMC is not worth having over The Answer. I just want Persona 3 on Steam with achievements damn it

Last edited:
Reactions: yuraya

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
edward and Kvik said it far better than I could but I do want to add a few things.

Speaking as someone who was completely new to the community, Meta will grow and absolutely deserves to. It has been a great forum full of great folks. I know firsthand how welcoming this place can be. And that's the difference I feel. Meta should be allowed to grow naturally and not be forced, especially not at the potential risk of another poster's wellbeing.

Folks shouldn't have to worry about being placed under a microscope with every post they make concerning insider info or leaks. As edward said, things can change. While someone might be privy to some things they almost certainly have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with deals being made and money changing hands.

It would be truly disheartening to see anyone get pushed away due to harassment and I hope that's something we never have to confront here.

Last edited:

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Oh god, the next guestpocalypse is coming isn't it?
Me joining metacouncil a few days ago.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking metacouncil for a while but finally decided to make an account.

So I just started P5S recently and having not played Musou games in a while I was just expecting Dynasty Warriors with a Persona skin but man was I wrong. Strikers just oozes the Persona feel with Musou-like combat. The daily life aspects are a bit lacking but I think it would be hard to do as it takes place over a summer vacation than a full year and from what I've gotten from the story so far it's mainly the phantom thieves spending their vacation together so isn't a lot of time to "do your own thing".

For Persona 3 I'm hoping they do a remake with a mix of P3P and FES. I believe in one of the surveys that SEGA/ATLUS sent out they had a question on remakes whether people would like to see a P3 remake.

I'd like to thank lashman again for welcoming me to Meta so I can participate in this anime thread.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
For Persona 3 I'm hoping they do a remake with a mix of P3P and FES. I believe in one of the surveys that SEGA/ATLUS sent out they had a question on remakes whether people would like to see a P3 remake.
IIRC They've actually listed a P3 Remake on 2 or 3 surveys now so it definitely seems like something they're strongly considering.

and like I mean its really just a no brainer at this point. P5 introduced a ton of new people to the franchise and while P4 is easily accessible with P4G on Vita and PC, P3 really doesnt have anything like that, Both Western and Japanese fans have been clamouring for a P3 remake for years now. ATLUS really should capitalize on it

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Hi everyone! I've been lurking metacouncil for a while but finally decided to make an account.

So I just started P5S recently and having not played Musou games in a while I was just expecting Dynasty Warriors with a Persona skin but man was I wrong. Strikers just oozes the Persona feel with Musou-like combat. The daily life aspects are a bit lacking but I think it would be hard to do as it takes place over a summer vacation than a full year and from what I've gotten from the story so far it's mainly the phantom thieves spending their vacation together so isn't a lot of time to "do your own thing".

I'd like to thank lashman again for welcoming me to Meta so I can participate in this anime thread.
Just remember there is one rule in MC, and that's that anime is banned here.

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
IIRC They've actually listed a P3 Remake on 2 or 3 surveys now so it definitely seems like something they're strongly considering.

and like I mean its really just a no brainer at this point. P5 introduced a ton of new people to the franchise and while P4 is easily accessible with P4G on Vita and PC, P3 really doesnt have anything like that, Both Western and Japanese fans have been clamouring for a P3 remake for years now. ATLUS really should capitalize on it
Persona 3's 15th anniversary is this year and Atlus has promised new announcements for the franchise's 25th anniversary which is also this year. I'm sure COVID screwed up a lot of timelines, but a P3 remake announcement alongside more P5 spinoffs doesn't seem unreasonable.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

New user with an anime avatar. :blobyesanime:

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I completely forgot that Embracer got TimeSplitters, and more importantly Second Sight.
I imagine Timesplitters will bomb and nothing will happen with Second Sight (besides maybe a modern port). Just a gut feeling though.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
The Battle for Middle Earth RTS games from EA were good, although I don't know if they are available for sale anymore.
Ah I really enjoyed both of those games, I would totally buy them in they had a digital version up on Steam or GOG.
I remember I was able to preorder one of them for $20 on Amazon due to a price error.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I imagine Timesplitters will bomb and nothing will happen with Second Sight (besides maybe a modern port). Just a gut feeling though.
I would be fine with a modern re-port too, to start at least,
I have it on steam actually but I doubt it's super functional these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.