Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Kinda corroborates with what some of you said before. It seems like there is a MS event coming next month. I hope Starfield will be shown.
Starfield blowout next month and release in fall would be amazing.

But with Covid it won't be fall. Maybe spring 2022.

This fall will probably Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2 and new Forza.

Fable and Starfield should be 2022.

Also so many revisiting Mass Effect Legendary this summer will crave for something new in the genre. Starfield hype will be fun.

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hey weebs I need your help.

What does NF mean? I'm playing Apex and typing in GG, just to show that hey we may have lost but we had fun.

Does NF mean "not funny" or "not finished"?

Since I will somethimes say GG when we are down to one party member and we know that they are outgunned by everyone around them

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Starfield blowout next month and release in fall would be amazing.

But with Covid it won't be fall. Maybe spring 2022.

This fall will probably Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2 and new Forza.

Fable and Starfield should be 2022.

Also so many revisiting Mass Effect Legendary this summer will crave for something new in the genre. Starfield hype will be fun.
Me reading this post:

Fable is probably still very early, so I expect it to release in 2023. But Forza and Mass Effect can hold me out for a long time. Man, gaming is so exciting in the foreseeable future.

What does NF mean? I'm playing Apex and typing in GG, just to show that hey we may have lost but we had fun.

Since I will somethimes say GG when we are down to one party member and we know that they are outgunned by everyone around them
I have never heard of it:astonished-face:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Me reading this post:

Fable is probably still very early, so I expect it to release in 2023. But Forza and Mass Effect can hold me out for a long time. Man, gaming is so exciting in the foreseeable future.

I have never heard of it:astonished-face:
I've seen it at least twice in the last week.... Maybe we are just too old to understand these youngsters

• Sad

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I'm in the mood to play another aRPG. I've already finished PoE, Grim Dawn, Victor Vran, Titan Quest, Van Helsing and Diablo 3. Any other recommendations in this genre?
It's been a long time since I've played it, but Dungeon Siege 3 has some of the best boss fights in the genre imo (maybe I give it a pass because it was Obsidian. DS1 and 2 were better). If you've played Titan Quest or VV recently, I don't think it would feel so outdated either way.

You've probably played Torchlight 2 already, but that's a fun dozen hours. Last Epoch which is still in Early Access is one of the best recent entries to the genre and one to keep an eye out on, One I personally haven't played is Warhammer Chaosbane, but a friend of mine said he had fun with it. It's on my list.

Have you checked the Diablo 2 mod in Grim Dawn? I think it feels different enough from the base game to warrant a go, but it might be mostly nostalgia for me. Overall, ARPG is one of my favorite genres, but it's due a leap forward already. Unfortunately, games like Wolcen weren't it. RIP Marvel Heroes.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, Fable looks like very far away at this moment, although I don't mind, big expectations with Playground team :blobeyes:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018

Since I will sometimes say GG when we are down to one party member and we know that they are outgunned by everyone around them
I'd assume they mean "Not Funny" as GG is used sarcastically sometimes or most of the time in Rocket League so they may think you're trolling them or being sarcastic. Just my guess though. There may be some Apex Community specific meaning though. I don't play it so couldn't say for sure.

Reactions: Tomasety

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
20 GB update for SF5 :sweaty-blob:
Dan bringing the full might and weight of Saikyo with him.

Capcpom really need to fix update sizes for their fighters in the next one.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I was one of the people with pitchforks and burning torches when Fallout 3 was announced as going 3D etc. Wailing and moaning and gnashing my teeth but considering i've put hundreds of hours into Morrowind, Fallout 3 and Skyrim i've obviously got over it and moved on.

I won't buy an xbox just for Starfield but i am interested to see more info about it.

Reactions: Kyougar and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
No we don't :p.

Still quite interested to see what they'll do on the vehicle side of things. I really hope they won't release a sci-fi RPG without spaceflight you can at least control.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Mass Effect managed without a player-controller spaceship so i'm not really bothered about controlling a spaceship tbh and vehicles in Bethesda games are non-existent aside from horses so i'm not expecting them.

Just give me big worlds to wander about in, RPG elements, tons of quests and dungeons, loot, a main story i can mainly ignore until i've nearly finished the game and i'll be happy for a good long while. It'll drive some people insane "Oh, Skyrim in Space!" but i'd be ok with that. I'm not expecting any radical departure from their previous games and i'd be shocked to the bone if there was any major ground-breaking changes to the Bethesda formula.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Mass Effect managed without a player-controller spaceship so i'm not really bothered about controlling a spaceship tbh and vehicles in Bethesda games are non-existent aside from horses so i'm not expecting them.

Just give me big worlds to wander about in, RPG elements, tons of quests and dungeons, loot, a main story i can mainly ignore until i've nearly finished the game and i'll be happy for a good long while. It'll drive some people insane "Oh, Skyrim in Space!" but i'd be ok with that. I'm not expecting any radical departure from their previous games and i'd be shocked to the bone if there was any major ground-breaking changes to the Bethesda formula.
Given how horses can even climb mountains in Skyrim, I wouldn't be surprised if in Starfield it would just be horses flying through space.

• Toucan
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Yeah but I always regretted it, and ME had such a stellar cast of characters and story that they could afford being basically a Bioware RPG in space. Bethesda games on the other hand are lighter on story and more of an immersive world with a lot of systems to play with.

In that regard, I think it'd be a missed opportunity not to have spaceships to fly and expand beyond having a Skyrim-in-space. It sounds fun already, but it could be more.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Ascheroth Ha, i didn't bother with horses much in Skyrim. I'd wander around and maybe fast travel back to some spot to explore more. I also had the "OG Bethesda Experience" where half of my game time was spent staring at a screen filled with pixelated mountain texture bobbing up and down as i tried to jump-climb a mountain by finding polygons that i could "snag" onto and jump up a bit higher. lol.

The number of times i spend a minute debating whether to run the 5 minute path around the mountain or climb it before spending 20 minutes almost feeling seasick because of the bouncing rock texture in front of me :D

You'll never defeat my will and determination, Todd! I'll NEVER take that meandering path! Ha!

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'd assume they mean "Not Funny" as GG is used sarcastically sometimes or most of the time in Rocket League so they may think you're trolling them or being sarcastic. Just my guess though. There may be some Apex Community specific meaning though. I don't play it so couldn't say for sure.
Some one told me that it could mean "nice fight"

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Interesting that we are talking about Bethesda games now -- I just started playing Skyrim VR this weekend and it's amazing what the modding scene has done with it. (I did need ~5 hours to set things up and am still not 100% happy with everything).

But it looks good and even amazing at times, runs very consistently at 90 FPS (I have an overkill PC of course), and even more importantly plays fantastically in VR between VRIK and HIGGS.
In fact, with everything set up mod-wise it's on par with some of the best made-for-VR games in terms of interactivity and VR-specific controls, which is just insane given the scale of the game.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
-----------
Update in the PC Multi store market.

Playism will be closing it's store and instead will be focusing on releasing on Steam and on consoles.

The store has been around 2011 when it was still hard to get on Steam. They plan to stop selling stuff so that they can relaunch that site and have it mainly be for information stuff since they are now a publisher with a decent track record.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Some one told me that it could mean "nice fight"
Ahhh, yeah, that would make sense if the rest of the interaction was ok and they didn't seem to be getting upset or toxic.
Yay! Have fun!

Durante I'll never forget seeing one of the first Skyrim VR videos where they were reaching through the bars in Cell doors and pressing the switch on the other side to open them. I was glad the engine allowed that. Maybe Fallout 3 VR should let you open the infamous "Half-Door" that way too.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
i dont see fable making 2022 at all
That would be disappointing. The rumors of Playground working on Fable started so long ago it that it wasn't a surprise at all when they finally announced it lol.

I remember Giantbomb was talking about back in like 2018 or 2019 iirc. I figured they would be wrapping up by now.

So maybe it will be Gears 6 and Starfield in 2022
Fable + Avowed will be 2023
Perfect Dark + Indiana Jones in 2024
Elder 6 in 2025

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
-----------
Update in the PC Multi store market.

Playism will be closing it's store and instead will be focusing on releasing on Steam and on consoles.

The store has been around 2011 when it was still hard to get on Steam. They plan to stop selling stuff so that they can relaunch that site and have it mainly be for information stuff since they are now a publisher with a decent track record.
I've never even heard of Playism lol.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
So I might get into CSGO's arms race mode as my go to multiplayer shooter. Currently only playing against bots but some day I will take it online. Are there ressources from which I can learn about how to play in this mode?

• Love
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
SF5 Dan brings a happy manly tear to my eye
Thank you Capcom for making him a fun character this game.
:sf_lovb:

But holy shit he has Tekken series input for his powered up uppercut and projectiles :sweaty-blob:

• Love
Reactions: Echoes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

Just please, for the love of God, try a little on the character models front :anguished-face:
Didn't play Fallout 4, so maybe it's a thing of the past.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
So I might get into CSGO's arms race mode as my go to multiplayer shooter. Currently only playing against bots but some day I will take it online. Are there ressources from which I can learn about how to play in this mode?
It's a rather straightforward mode, dunno if there's any guides for it.

I can try to give a few basic tips though:
  • The mode works in levels, the level is increased every 2 kills (using guns) and you get a new weapon every level.
  • Using the regular knife to kill an opponent brings you up to the next level even if you were at a point where you needed 2 kills to level up and it also decreases the opponent's level.
  • The weapons you get throughout the levels follow a specific order, going from machineguns, to assault rifles, shotguns, snipers, heavy machinegun, pistols, and at the end the golden knife.
  • The first player to use the golden knife to kill an opponent wins the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.