Community MetaSteam | February 2023 - A 90's dystopian adventure in the digiworld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
So I had an interesting experience in Returnal...

I had a mediocre run through the Echoing Ruins. I activated one of the respawn devices, and also got one of the parasites that revives you once in exchange for a large chunk of your max HP. I didn't realize the parasite would activate first, so when I died later, I lost a far chunk of HP.

Eventually I made it to Hyperion (first time), and despite having almost no health, I managed to clutch things out and got him down to the third phase. I started taking hits then, and wound up dying with just a sliver of health left, and a volley of rockets mid-flight. I died and respawned, but the rockets must have landed during that, and the trophy for killing Hyperion popped.

I went back and found the fractured key at the base of the tower, but I wasn't sure if there was some xeno-tech upgrade in the boss chamber, so I went back up... And Hyperion had respawned. But the game definitely thought he should be dead, so he was jamming out on his mushroom-pipe organ in total silence. Then he kicked my ass. The music was bugged through the rematch: mostly silent, but it would occasionally kick in for a few seconds.

So that was weird. I looked it up and I don't think I missed out on any items. Can any Returnal vets confirm that all you get for beating him is the key to the snow area?

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
So I had an interesting experience in Returnal...

I had a mediocre run through the Echoing Ruins. I activated one of the respawn devices, and also got one of the parasites that revives you once in exchange for a large chunk of your max HP. I didn't realize the parasite would activate first, so when I died later, I lost a far chunk of HP.

Eventually I made it to Hyperion (first time), and despite having almost no health, I managed to clutch things out and got him down to the third phase. I started taking hits then, and wound up dying with just a sliver of health left, and a volley of rockets mid-flight. I died and respawned, but the rockets must have landed during that, and the trophy for killing Hyperion popped.

I went back and found the fractured key at the base of the tower, but I wasn't sure if there was some xeno-tech upgrade in the boss chamber, so I went back up... And Hyperion had respawned. But the game definitely thought he should be dead, so he was jamming out on his mushroom-pipe organ in total silence. Then he kicked my ass. The music was bugged through the rematch: mostly silent, but it would occasionally kick in for a few seconds.

So that was weird. I looked it up and I don't think I missed out on any items. Can any Returnal vets confirm that all you get for beating him is the key to the snow area?
beat that part yesterday and it's all i got

• Hug
Reactions: Avern

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Looks like whatever the name Russian Bioshock is shit. News at eleven.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Nice of Square-Enix to go out of their way to make me feel less guilty for buying the game day one and never playing it.

Cautiously optimistic that it'll actually bring the remaster up to a decent standard. Fucking lol @ taking like a full year to release a patch, though.
Must be a fake press release because it's missing 'thank you for your interest in PRODUCT, please stay tuned for further developments'

Dec 5, 2018
  • Toucan
Reactions: madjoki

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Wow I love this.

Now if this was not Koei-Tecmo, with it looking like that, I'd say this will be an ideal Deck game. With K-T we'll have to see :p
There's always WinDeck if you can't make Proton to work with wonky Japanese code.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
There's always WinDeck if you can't make Proton to work with wonky Japanese code.
What is this and is this good ? I don't know, I tried google but the engine laughed at me for how generic the name is :cryingwhyblob:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Wow I love this.

Now if this was not Koei-Tecmo, with it looking like that, I'd say this will be an ideal Deck game. With K-T we'll have to see :p
I'm sure their PC porting team is working day and night to make sure it will never, ever run on Proton, with the ambition of the port somehow even permanently bricking your Steam Deck if you even try to run the game.

• Toucan
Reactions: LEANIJA and xinek

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
What is this and is this good ? I don't know, I tried google but the engine laughed at me for how generic the name is :cryingwhyblob:
Installing Windows 10/11 either to a separate SSD partition (takes about two hours to setup) or to a SD card (takes about 6 hours to setup due to how abysmal write speeds are on SD cards).

Reactions: Li Kao

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
this is out and looks quite nice

EDIT:

People who bought Blood Bowl 3 - Brutal Edition can play the game right now on Steam and Consoles.
I will try it now on Steam Deck. The first one was one of my most played games when it was released. I always loved this franchise, I was a big fan of games workshop board game decades ago, even played some tournaments.

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
this is out and looks quite nice

EDIT:

People who bought Blood Bowl 3 - Brutal Edition can play the game right now on Steam and Consoles.

I will try it now on Steam Deck. The first one was one of my most played games when it was release. I always loved this franchise, I was a big fan of games workshop board game decades ago, even played some tournaments.
OH SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT THIS GAME HAVING EARLY ACCESS

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Played some Midnight Suns during the free weekend and it was a lot better than I expected. Once I played it, I realized it isn't card based XCOM like it looked to me initially and is actually its own thing. While I would have preferred something in the XCOM style (or even just XCOM 3) I think it is fun enough for what it is doing.

Also been playing Returnal and finished it last night after 4 total deaths. It was a lot easier than I was expecting given the hype about difficulty; playing a ton of roguelikes regularly probably helped with having the right mindset for it.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018

Apparently, Atomic Heart is kinda mid, a shame to be honest. I'll still play it tho.

But on the bright side, the PC port is actually good so let's rejoice in this rare occurrence lol
Mouse acceleration though. Looks cool though.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I'm not really worried about Proton (particularly GE), I'm worried about it needing 5x more GPU or CPU perf than it should for no reason :p
Doitsujin, dxvk maintainer seems to be a Gust fanboy, did you try the custom version of dxvk he put out a while ago?

After faffing about with Japanese VNs, trying various fixes just to have movies playing on Deck, Fruit of Grisaia was my breaking point.
I... it just wasn't worth it. I mean, you have to go back to proton 3.xx, you need to disable GPU acceleration and pray you remeber to disable movie playback, otherwise game will just crash. And it still uses 15-20 Watts and has font rendering issues.
Repartitioned the SSD and installed Windows 10 for these games (and light Gamepass titles). Sure, it has its own set of issues, but at least those are ones I know how to deal with (after using GPD Win 2 for a bunch of years).

Last edited:
Reactions: sanhora and Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Doitsujin, dxvk maintainer seems to be a Gust fanboy, did you tried the custom version of dxvk he put out a while ago?
Very interesting, I didn't know about this.
(Also, Firis was the first game I really noticed this with, so that tracks with what Doitsujin wrote about the issue)

I'll give it a try the next time I want to play a Gust game on the Deck.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Kind of surprised to see social links get reversed (or paused) in P3P for pissing off your friends and romance partners.

Really neat to see little things like that in such an old game. I don't believe I saw that in all the hours I played P5 and P4 so P3 very ahead of its time :LOL:

Miyazaki definitely cooking somenthing on Elden Ring this week, lots of updates on steamdb including qa builds
Gotta be an expansion trailer coming soon. They are long overdue for it.

We haven't had a strong year for DLC and expansions in some time.

DLC of the year vote will be good. Dead Cells, Cyberpunk, Elden Ring + Others.

Status
Not open for further replies.