Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Fuck this Virtual On minigame in Kiwami 2. Haruka is a cinnamon bun, but Uncle Kaz is pushing 40, his twitch/reaction speed in vidya isn't what it used to be. :dana_tense:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I just finished watching Shin Gojira and it's a pretty good movie. A very solid 8/10. There were some parts of it that were hard to follow though and the way that they pertrade some things was interesting.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Balan Wonderland demo was OK.
Good visuals IMO, but keep in mind that this is more of a slower paced adventure platformer, that's on the light side. Will satisfy younger children but more veteran/older players might be put off.
There are QTE challenges that are optional but I think in the main game they reward a cheevo at least. They're pretty simple though so nothing critical. it's just that the QTEs don't feel like they add anything to the game :V

The one thing they should fix in the full game is that power up boxes should always be available in case you want to switch back to a previous one. All in all it's an OK demo for what I expect to be an OK game. Keep expectations low and you might enjoy it but I dunno if I could recommend it at full price :X

The hostess mini-game in Yakuza 3 is pretty boring compared to 0 and 2 :/
IIRC, it was the first game in the series to feature it.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The hostess mini-game in Yakuza 3 is pretty boring compared to 0 and 2 :/
I have read recommendations to skip it. Which, given the amount of time I spent on it already in Zero and Kiwami 2, I will probably also be inclined to do.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Steam Controller was much more disaster than I thought it would be

• $100+ million losses
  • every controller was sold at loss (valve hoped that volume would manufacturing cost down)
  • team fired/laidoff 2 years ago
I mean, Valve probably made up those losses quickly via their profits from the Steam store. And if the cost is an issue, they could have just given it to a third party to manufacture.
Still hoping Valve returns to this at some point, especially with something that can work both in VR and in "normal" games.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Steam Controller was much more disaster than I thought it would be

• $100+ million losses
  • every controller was sold at loss (valve hoped that volume would manufacturing cost down)
  • team fired/laidoff 2 years ago
Well, fuck. Should I abandon all hope?

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018

So what is the next best option? Are mouse-driven games at all playable with a standard controller through Steam input?
Best option for what exactly? Playing games with a gamepad or comfy couch stuff?
All depends on a game, some are perfectly playable with a gamepad, some are a bad time with one.
You can always go for a wireless KB+M combo and make/buy a lapboard if you just want the comfy couch stuff.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
As shocking as it is, I’m ok with this
BtS was awesome and Dontnod haven’t yet matched LiS1 imo
Yup, LiS 1 is still to be beaten. And I found Before the Storm to be much better than LiS 2 and Twin Mirror.

To me, both LiS 1 and BtS had so many mermories, I barely remember anything from LiS 2 other than the fathers death and "You're the reason we need to build that wall" comment or whatever it was. Very forgettable game to me.

Twin Mirror? lol

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Yup, LiS 1 is still to be beaten. And I found Before the Storm to be much better than LiS 2 and Twin Mirror.
Polar opposite for me, couldn't stand LiS 1 (barely finished the first episode) and I love both LiS 2 and Twin Mirror. In fact, Twin Mirror shows that Dontnod really doesn't need the Life is Strange franchise to make interesting games in a comparable genre. Really looking forward how they'll use the money from Tencent.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.