Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Love the look of Deathloop, already pre-ordered on Steam.

Also tried MonHun Stories 2 demo, game runs great here.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Valve faces yet another anti-trust lawsuit. This time for Darkcatt Studios. (Seemingly banned from Steam by Valve about year ago)

Steam keys are "industry standard" apparently.

Aren't Steam keys just serial keys for Steam?

It's Valves fault EGS only takes "high-profile games"

There was never EGS exclusive games, they were your imagination

Press and publishers only takes Steam keys for promotional purposes and that's Valve's fault.

Apparently you can add EGS Metro Exodus to Steam Library

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Woke up to this. Not bad, CIG.

Still first iteration, lots of denoising yet to do and rendering stuff but the scale just boggles my mind. You pretty much fly down into Bespin City, except it's Bioshock Infinite and some sci-fi Americana.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I wonder what Queen has to say about this
I doubt Queen knows anything regarding release date, but I wouldn't mind seeing their comment :D
I want Bloodborne on PC more thant any other PS exclusive, but that title "Endless Nocturne" seems made up. Being a 4chan post just after a SOP makes me even more skeptical of this lol
big doubt
Even if the news is fake, I would say the time frame should be close (announcing in fall, releasing around Nov/Dec). Let's see.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I've seen people fans of Playstation on Twitter for over a month talk about Bb coming to PS5 this fall.

• Eyes
Reactions: Cacher

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Looking at that game, first review

just happens to have same username as developer on reddit.

- also has comments in history attacking those who didn't like the game.

Second review

Steam Community :: darkcatt :: Review for Djinni & Thaco: Trial By Spire

Dark Catt studios, username is darkcatt. claims to "know the devs ;)"

Yeeah. I think Valve may have been right in banning them.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
:blobcheer:Please be real. The release window is also what I expected, a year after Demon's Souls.
The timeline does not seem too far fetched but the tech details.....I don't know.
From's engine is capped at 60fps and uncapping it causes various issues.

We also know QLOC are working on this, not From.

Also, I strongly doubt Sony will actually announce a PC version. It will likely be announced as an exclusive and a while later confirmed for PC (to release later as well).

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Looking at that game, first review

just happens to have same username as developer on reddit.

- also has comments in history attacking those who didn't like the game.

Second review

Steam Community :: darkcatt :: Review for Djinni & Thaco: Trial By Spire

Dark Catt studios, username is darkcatt. claims to "know the devs ;)"

Yeeah. I think Valve may have been right in banning them.

:face-with-cold-sweat:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Clouded Leopard's version of Trails into Reverie. Unlike previous entries, IT HAS FULL JAPANESE SUPPORT!!! :blobcheer:

Now let's see if it is a reasonably good port. I may get this one instead of NISA version.

Edit: Oh, NISA version does not support Japanese text... Falcom, continue to mess up with licensing.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
As i can't speak or read Japanese i'd be getting the NISA one anyway because the Clouded Leopard's version doesn't support English at all.
Yep, this only concerns people who want Japanese like me. The thing is, NISA port will be superior because of Durante. So it's a trade-off.

All previous Falcom games published by NISA have Japanese support, btw.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Yep, this only concerns people who want Japanese like me. The thing is, NISA port will be superior because of Durante. So it's a trade-off.

All previous Falcom games published by NISA have Japanese support, btw.
I imagine it's a license thing, as otherwise it would directly compete with the Cloud Leopard version.

Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I imagine it's a license thing, as otherwise it would directly compete with the Cloud Leopard version.
Yeah, it must be, and it sucks. I really hate how Falcom spits the licenses to different parties when they can just have an unified one (eg. give the global publishing right to NISA, then NISA can outsource the Chiense/Korean translation to third party if they can't do it in-house). Not sure why they can't do it when indies can.

Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
It could be a mistake with the store listing.
Zero and Azure have JP text support listed, while Nayuta doesn't have english support listed even though it's the english version:

Actually they said the translation of Nayuta will arrive later, so they are releasing the Japanese game on steam first. :disappointed-face:

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
The HD textures patch for Strange Journey in Citra looks so much better compared to the original :blobnerd:

Always reminded of that Atlus quote after making the game look better:

We believe that our fans best experience our titles (like Persona 5) on the actual platforms for which they are developed. We don’t want their first experiences to be framerate drops, or crashes, or other issues that can crop up in emulation that we have not personally overseen.
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

We believe that our fans best experience our titles (like Persona 5) on the actual platforms for which they are developed. We don’t want their first experiences to be framerate drops, or crashes, or other issues that can crop up in emulation that we have not personally overseen.
"There's bugs, crashes, and framerate dead in a ditch, but it's our work! Not yours disgusting pirates!"

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Man I want to love crate and crowbar podcast so much, been in and off in them for years. They seem to be such nice people but they are just too nice and soft, I tune out and stop listening to them after like a few minutes. How many times I try.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
The HD textures patch for Strange Journey in Citra looks so much better compared to the original :blobnerd:

:face-with-tears-of-joy:
Yeah, the HD texture packs for SJ & IV are pretty good. The one for Apocalypse not much so because it wasn't upscaled using the right settings in Topaz OR Waifu, can't recall. The guy who did it had never done upscaling before. A lot of details have been destroyed or smudged.

Reactions: Routa

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Today i managed to get into Outer Wilds. Tried it a couple of times before and it just didn't click but after a good few hours today i am really enjoying it. Good sense of exploration and i like trying to work out the puzzle/mystery.
Wish I could love Outer Wilds as much as other people did, but I just found it increasingly frustrating to play by the end. well worth playing though

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Random opinionated opinion on Bethesda and their slow as fuck new game releases (totally not inspired by a thread on another forum)

• BGS doesn't own the IPs anymore, Microsoft owns them
  • BGS can take their time with Starfield or whatever, but Microsoft should let a new or old studio make TES6 and whatever Fallout successor they want
  • "B-but Bethesda magic! no-one makes RPG's like Bethesda!" Bullshit. Not only have we Fallout New-Vegas, Bethesda also doesn't make RPG's like Bethesda anymore. Fallout 4 is not Skyrim, is not Fallout 3, is not Oblivion, is not Morrowind.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I love how Pathfinder Kimgmaker integrated a seamless way to transition between RTWP and TB combat. Am I fighting against some easier mobs? Let yhe RTWP toggled. Is it a harder encounter where I need to think? Toggle to TB so I can olan it carefully.

I hope they keep it this way for Wrath of the Righteous.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
I love how Pathfinder Kimgmaker integrated a seamless way to transition between RTWP and TB combat. Am I fighting against some easier mobs? Let yhe RTWP toggled. Is it a harder encounter where I need to think? Toggle to TB so I can olan it carefully.

I hope they keep it this way for Wrath of the Righteous.
That's always my biggest problem with turn-based combat and why I love RTwP. There are times when you've won the encounter even if the battle is not over, or it's an easy fight, or whatever - and you want to end it ASAP. Especially in games where you have to move your units all over the place because one AI guy is hiding far away.

I guess this is no surprise coming from me, the guy who speedhacks nearly everything they play :blobreview:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
still nowhere near enough ... but at least it's better than nothing, i guess

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yea, the original price was something like 700-800% over iirc, so cutting by around half is still way too high.

yuuuuuuup .... especially if you compare it to Russia

it's like they decided the initial pricing by going "let's just bump every region by 20-30% ... except for Argentina, Turkey, and South Africa ... let's bleed those people dry"

• Sad

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Valve faces yet another anti-trust lawsuit. This time for Darkcatt Studios. (Seemingly banned from Steam by Valve about year ago)

Steam keys are "industry standard" apparently.

Aren't Steam keys just serial keys for Steam?

It's Valves fault EGS only takes "high-profile games"

There was never EGS exclusive games, they were your imagination

Press and publishers only takes Steam keys for promotional purposes and that's Valve's fault.

Apparently you can add EGS Metro Exodus to Steam Library

I think this one is the most stupid yet. With the Wolfire one at least there's that thing they said about Valve dictating price parity even for games not sold as Steam keys, and if that clause is real, then I think they have a shot. This one is just dumb. It's basically asking to have everything Steam gives you but without giving them a dime, because it's "industry standard" :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Also, they were banned for review manipulation :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.