Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
So uh, Great Ace Attorney is still releasing tomorrow, right? Capcom still hasn't updated the date on its store page. :flare_think:
Well, it did come out today...

.... Aaaaand Fanatical still hasn't come up with my Steam key, at 4:30 in the afternoon on the 27th. I understand that the day is just beginning in the US, but all the Era folks who preordered via Steam have been playing for a while now...

Everything is pain. 😭

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
Well, it did come out today...

.... Aaaaand Fanatical still hasn't come up with my Steam key, at 4:30 in the afternoon on the 27th. I understand that the day is just beginning in the US, but all the Era folks who preordered via Steam have been playing for a while now...

Everything is pain. 😭
Same here with GreenManGaming. Maybe its Capcom side that have problem on providing the keys? Hopefully the key will arrive before I finished work so I can play it after :cryblob:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Ok, yeah, these regulations are very poorly worded.

Expandability Score is simply the peak power draw if every component in a system was running at max power draw.

So 690 Expandability means 690w peak power draw.

Edit: how the hell do they define framebuffer bandwidth, they link to a document that supposedly calculates it, but it doesn't???
I mean framebuffer bandwidth is a well-defined (if somewhat outdated) technical term. It's bascially just the global device memory bandwidth.

What's interesting is putting a number for that into the law, because presumably a few years from now even mid- and at some point low-end GPUs will hit that number.

Reactions: lashman

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Same here with GreenManGaming. Maybe its Capcom side that have problem on providing the keys? Hopefully the key will arrive before I finished work so I can play it after :cryblob:
I got a reply from Fanatical's customer service, apparently their third party provider Genba still hasn't come up with the keys, and Genba is coordinating with Capcom to address.

Given the situation, maybe Genba is also GMG's supplier?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Is it me or are people less willing to write guides to the Steam community? Older games have insane number of guides while newer game have lesser than ten guides.
Some of them are just links to YouTube videos which aren't really good way for guides. I don't want to watch the entire video to learn one thing
Yeah, I noticed that as well.

I think a lot of it is related to game modern designs too. Old games tend to have secret and optional parts, while modern games tend to spoon-fed everything to players. Gamers nowadays are like "How dare you for making me missed out on some content of a game I purchased, devs!", right?

It also depends on the genre, I guess.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
This is so confusing damn. I checked the steam page and apparently the "Legacy Pack" is Hitman 1 Goty as a DLC for Hitman 2. Now If I buy Hitman 2 Gold and then buy the legacy pack, do both games show up in my library as standalone games? Or only Hitman 2 will show up in my library? I know is dumb I like having all my games show up individually in my library lol and I want to make sure.
As I understand it, the legacy pack "upgrade" is for people who own all of the content from the Hitman 1 base game, but, critically, not the GOTY version, which comes with extra content and that's what the "upgrade" buys.

People without the GOTY version of H1 only get a "legacy" access in Hitman 2 for the levels they own from Hitman 1 , and they don't get the extra H1 GOTY-exclusive content imported into Hitman 2. This type of "basic" access is not separately purchaseable presumably because it's not content complete. Instead of having to buy Hitman 1 GOTY itself or the full GOTY Legacy Pack to get that content in Hitman 2, they can just get the legacy pack upgrade.

Long story short, if you don't own any version of Hitman 1 or don't own all levels of Hitman 1, get the GOTY Legacy pack (regular) -- not the legacy pack upgrade.

Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Humble is beta testing a games client for Humble Trove games.

I wonder is the discount program termination could mean "soon" on Choice.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Heads up, the 50% (bonus) discount on Dark Souls Remastered ends on 30 Sep.

• Sad

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018

I wonder is the discount program termination could mean "soon" on Choice.
Time for higher than just 50% discounts! :)

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Damn Ace Attorney Collection looks good, so does Tribes of Midgard, so does The Ascent, so does The Last Stop. Too much.
I can help you cut that down a bit, I'm presently playing through Last Stop (XSX, but have access to XGP PC version as well) and its nothing to write home about. To be clear, I'm usually a fan of these narrative type games.

The story is interesting enough, and the game's got style for days (it's a very realistic depiction of London, and the dialogue is very solid) but the gameplay isn't exceptional so far. If you can play it on PC GP for "free" give it a try, its worth your time, but if you have to actually pay for it on Steam or elsewhere I'd wait for a sale. Get Ace Attorney instead if you want a narrative type game.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I can help you cut that down a bit, I'm presently playing through Last Stop (XSX, but have access to XGP PC version as well) and its nothing to write home about. To be clear, I'm usually a fan of these narrative type games.

The story is interesting enough, and the game's got style for days (it's a very realistic depiction of London, and the dialogue is very solid) but the gameplay isn't exceptional so far. If you can play it on PC GP for "free" give it a try, its worth your time, but if you have to actually pay for it on Steam or elsewhere I'd wait for a sale. Get Ace Attorney instead if you want a narrative type game.
Thx, will wait for a sale on Steam then. Not interesting in renting games. Could give it a few min try on game pass anyhow though.

Reactions: hersheyfan

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I wonder is the discount program termination could mean "soon" on Choice
The best thing about that discount is stacking with other discounts so I bought the remastered version with 90% if I'm not mistaken.
------

Unrelated but I forgot how much I hate commuting to work, I always arrive tired in my home and I dont have any will to play games, watch movies/series, reading a book etc, I just take a shower, eat and sleep. At least it's just one more day going to office and I'm back to working from my home.

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Whenever the game is on sale, the 50% also applies;
So if it is 20% off, first the 50% is applied, then 20%. At least that is what I recall seeing before I bought it :X
Yeah, I know. I think I missed the the times when they discounted it 40%. I wonder what happened when the discount was 50% (Winter Sale 2020). I should have activated a price alert. Maybe they show mercy and discount it again in some other Steam Sale before that date.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
this is an edit of Stone Toss, a literal neo-nazi comic FYI :/ probably didn’t know that but that’s the original context

I’m enjoying Last Stop a lot, but it depends on your interest in Telltale-style narrative games with very limited interactivity. I almost never pay anywhere near full price for anything anyway, so Game Pass has been pretty great for me.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I’m enjoying Last Stop a lot, but it depends on your interest in Telltale-style narrative games with very limited interactivity. I almost never pay anywhere near full price for anything anyway, so Game Pass has been pretty great for me.
yup, i actually enjoyed it a lot (already finished) .... the plot is full of holes ... but still pretty cool for what it is :)

Dec 5, 2018
I wonder what happened when the discount was 50% (Winter Sale 2020)
According to steam i got it for like 3.99 (91% discount), but that was durign a summer sale when it seems to have had a base 40% discount + 50%).

IIRC I got the remaster of Aladdin+The Lion King for like 0.01€ because of the same thing (E: 33% default discount + 33% loyality discount for 1 game + 33% loyalty discount for the other game).

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
yup, i actually enjoyed it a lot (already finished) .... the plot is full of holes ... but still pretty cool for what it is :)
Wait, you don't have money problems anymore? That's great to hear. At least I don't expect anyone who has money problems to buy games. Other things are far more important.

I actually started putting a little bit of money into my Steam wallet 1-2 years ago every month in case a period of time would come where I would have money problems and in case a game I really wanted released so I could still buy it.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Deku is giving away 3 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jul 27, 2021 at 1:09 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

Hello, a giveaway from me

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Doh, I screwed up the giveaway. Someone who noticed my mistake can take the key.

Isn't there a way to edit the giveaway?
Valdien A suggestion, maybe a preview should be nice to have :)
Yeah, saw, no, I won't take it. Don't worry for that :)

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I'm enjoying Last Stop a lot, but it depends on your interest in Telltale-style narrative games with very limited interactivity. I almost never pay anywhere near full price for anything anyway, so Game Pass has been pretty great for me.
Yeah, thats me lol! I've finished pretty much every other game in the genre (all the Telltale and Dontnod stuff, the Gone Homes and Edith Finches, what have you), and this hasn't been doing it for me so far. The overall plot has been pretty entertaining so far, but all of the choices feel inconsequential. I'm hoping it improves significantly down the stretch, as others seem to have enjoyed it at least. 😊

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

:surrenderblob: :surrenderblob: :surrenderblob:

I don't expect anyone who has money problems to buy games.
in case a period of time would come where I would have money problems and in case a game I really wanted released so I could still buy it.
:thinking-blob: :thinking-blob: :thinking-blob:

I don't expect anyone to buy games if they have "money problems". :thinking-blob:
vs.

[Every month, I spend money from my bank account so that is is locked to my Steam Wallet], so that... I could still buy games if I ever had "money problems". :thinking-blob:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Hah, shit, my sentence was badly structured. :p Thx.
I did not mean to correct your grammar (I would not dare, seriously). It was about the inconsistency regarding buy games when one has money issues. Even though it is paradoxical to buy video-games if the money would be better suited elsewhere (and I agree with you there), you then admitted to regularly converting money into Steam Wallet so that you could do the same if it ever happened to you. :huhblob:

Status
Not open for further replies.