Community MetaSteam | July 2022 - Stray(t) out of Kowloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Espinas wrecked, gore next but I need new armor and I dunno which to get, Seregios looked cool and I made two bits to wear but it has - to most resistances :d
I usually make a mix of different armors prioritizing the stats for the hammer.

I'm kinda lazy to come up with my own stuff from scratches so I'm using builds from here and sometimes I change something. Here's the build I used for the MR3-6 climb for example.
I'm working towards the dereliction build in the same page atm

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden

VRChat is adding EAC into a future update. I know basically nothing about VRChat, but apparently it will break a lot of mods. The community is, in turn, expressing their dissatisfaction.
Oh man.. I hope the developer listen to the backlash.
feel bad for their players. specially after watching this.

Last edited:

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden

asobu Indie Showcase 2022 will air on July 30 at 20:00 JST
Japanese independent game creator community asobu announced.
You will be able to watch it on YouTube and Twitch in English and Japanese.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Not sure if I have missed this on the previous pages. But stray has a multiplayer mod.

Also, I would love for remasters of the original Persona games. May be rose tinted glasses, but always preferred those earlier games over the most recent Personas. While there at it can I have the earlier SMT games as well. Hell just give me a collection of all the SMT games and spin offs.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
And they appear to have pulled the (none) apology as well.

Edit, or maybe they haven't. Not being in that particular country does not excuse not doing your Due Dilligence on something.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Im ok with valve hosting it, don’t want them to judge what is on the store, but anyone promoting it is a whole another thing.
I'm really torn on the free-market nature of Steam that allows this stuff to slip through the cracks.

Firmly believe that anything targeting protected groups needs to be banned with no questions asked. That includes a broader spectrum of common decency that may not be covered (no stuff targeting women, etc.).

But on the other hand, without that loose, "anything goes" approach to platform hosting, you wouldn't get micro-indies like The Ditty of Carmeana. An absolutely baller release that no other platform outside of itch.io would touch with a 10-foot pole.

So I enjoy the benefits of a free-market approach. It's where some of my favorite releases reside.

But man, Valve needs to police questionable content more vigorously. Pushing back on anything Hate related shouldn't be that big an ask.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I'm really torn on the free-market nature of Steam that allows this stuff to slip through the cracks.

Firmly believe that anything targeting protected groups needs to be banned with no questions asked. That includes a broader spectrum of common decency that may not be covered (no stuff targeting women, etc.).

But on the other hand, without that loose, "anything goes" approach to platform hosting, you wouldn't get micro-indies like The Ditty of Carmeana. An absolutely baller release that no other platform outside of itch.io would touch with a 10-foot pole.

So I enjoy the benefits of a free-market approach. It's where some of my favorite releases reside.

But man, Valve needs to police questionable content more vigorously. Pushing back on anything Hate related shouldn't be that big an ask.
The way I see it, the only thing Valve needs to do is make sure the content is legal and then it is up to us to either praise or condemn the content. That's why the steam reviews are important.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I'm against cancel culture, never been interested in that trashy shooting game but yesterday qureate delayed indefinitely Massage Freaks from Nintendo eShop cause social media reactions. I was interested on it, and it was planned to be released in just few days (and as usual on qureate games in few weeks on Steam), at this point I suppose it will get wellknown eroge shops release like Duel Princess)

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Hopefully this means a remake of P3 isn't off the table. I usually complain whenever there's a remake when all I want is a port of the original but in this case it's so fucking needed lol. So I'll be cautiously optimistic for once and just be glad some form of the original version will be available at all, even if it's the worst one lol.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
The way I see it, the only thing Valve needs to do is make sure the content is legal and then it is up to us to either praise or condemn the content. That's why the steam reviews are important.
Quite a few nations have hate speech laws so it might indeed be illegal in some jurisdictions.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Table legs welded, i used car boy putty to fill some remaining small holes. No i need to sand and prime then paint them XD I also need to order table top and new office table will be complete.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'd argue that the game fanatical pulled and really any game aimed at that audience is blatantly against at least 2, probably 3 rules Valve lays out in their onboarding documentation.
What you shouldn’t publish on Steam:
1. Hate speech, i.e. speech that promotes hatred, violence or discrimination against groups of people based on ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation
6. Content that violates the laws of any jurisdiction in which it will be available
7. Content that is patently offensive or intended to shock or disgust viewers
1 and 7 seem pretty clear to me, 6 probably too, but I'm not a lawyer and certainly don't know regional laws.

Well, that shit has 'Overwhelmingly Positive' reviews so...
Most chuds who buys it are going to know exactly what they are buying, so naturally it will have positive reviews too.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
I'm against cancel culture, never been interested in that trashy shooting game but yesterday qureate delayed indefinitely Massage Freaks from Nintendo eShop cause social media reactions. I was interested on it, and it was planned to be released in just few days (and as usual on qureate games in few weeks on Steam), at this point I suppose it will get wellknown eroge shops release like Duel Princess)

I thought this was because the female characters had the same name as an existing idol group, and now they are forced to rerecord the VAs with the new altered names to avoid legal troubles
It's a shame if it never comes out. I played one of their games this past summer sale (Livestream: Escape from Hotel Izanami) and though it was a neat callback to older horror games like Clock Tower (no fighting at all, point & click style puzzles, must avoid a killer creature, multiple endings). It has problems and you can tell the team isn't experienced in making this type of game but I still enjoyed it.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

• Toucan
  • Gib
Reactions: Tomasety and low-G
Status
Not open for further replies.