Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
ok people, you know the drill by now ... the chat is live! open the thread i linked (there's the stream embed in there) and jump into the Epic Gaming Show chat room! but ...

REMEMBER: ALL messages posted in the chat will be converted into forum posts in the stream thread ... and they won't get automerged ... so try not to post multiple short messages in a row if possible!!!

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

How are the bosses in the remake? The first one was kind of easy, but the rest was pure madness. It required perfect pattern memorisation and execution.o_O
I'll tell you...when I actually reached them. :p
I lost at the first boss, it was the last life in that credit, so I had to re-start the level.

Since I had some things to do, I stopped playing.

Reactions: Echoes

Deleted member 113

Well, don't really have any big problems with exclusivity if Epic is also actually helping develope the game.
Yeah, they're really not. They came in now, late in the development process, and buy a 12 month exclusivity.
And that's basically it.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Epic moneyhatted the new DONTNOD game. What a disappointment to see them going in bed with Epic as well 😞

Deleted member 113

How do you know they are not helping development?
The press release says they came in now, as a development partner.
So, late in the development process.

Really, fantomena, as it should be more or less clear by now, Epic isn't really investing or funding games.
They basically sign games that are either complete, or late in the development process, and lock them as (timed) exclusives.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Really I'm not that pissed about the Klei thing. They'll be epic exclusive for a year (during a long alpha period) then go full release on Steam and everywhere else. It's like Epic paying them to alpha test while they alpha test their shit store.

(Not really interested in the game itself though, which is the worst of it for me. I loved all their other games.)

Reactions: Ge0force

Deleted member 113

To quote:

---

PC Version Epic Games Store Exclusive!

We are happy to announce that Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option.

*For inquiries regarding the General Sales such as Epic Games Store exclusive or Pre-Order, please see our FAQ page. For other inquiries please visit Deep Silver customer support.

Reactions: Ge0force

Deleted member 113

New Locomalito (Maldita Castilla, Super Hydorah, ...) free game:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Steam community borked for anyone else? Trying to upload some screenshots I had taken of Aterix XXL 2, but the community and friend list seem to be down.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
" But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option. "

Lmao those fucking pieces of shit.
If you're going to accept a money hat, do so. Taking a money hat and making up the gross lie above makes you scum.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So like. Can I finally say Shenmue 3 looks super rough and is looking like another Mighty No 9 situation without getting crucified?

Like does Deep Silver ruin every Japanese crowd funding game they touch?

Reactions: Wildebeet

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So like. Can I finally say Shenmue 3 looks super rough and is looking like another Mighty No 9 situation without getting crucified?

Like does Deep Silver ruin every Japanese crowd funding game they touch?
IMHO, if you'd told me that, I would've just responded by saying that's fair if that is how the game looks (to you at least). I'd have still played it and critiqued it on its own merits.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Don't give a shit about Shenmue 3 personally, so this actually went a lot better than I expected.

Really disappointed by the lack of SEGA announcements, though. I need more Yakuza. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.