Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylac

Apr 17, 2019
lol that shenmue story gets better and better. all the ps4 players hoping shenmue concludes as a trilogy.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Pixieking

MetaMember
Dec 7, 2018
Sad that Goose Game went EGS exclusive, but at least that's a legit indie game with something that's got good word of mouth, but an (almost) unknown dev. Will wait for Steam, but can't be too pissy about them wanting a guaranteed pay-out for something so weirdly niche. Glad the paranoia about Telling Lies was just that (paranoia). Day One'ing that for Kerry Bishé alone, who's fantastic in Halt and Catch Fire.

And Shenmue? Welllllllll... That's going to have a more profound impact than Phoenix Point, and the fact that they can't/won't say definitively if it's going to Steam at all screams literally last minute. Because no matter how naive or amateurish you are, you prep better for that bloody obvious question.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And Shenmue? Welllllllll... That's going to have a more profound impact than Phoenix Point, and the fact that they can't/won't say definitively if it's going to Steam at all screams literally last minute. Because no matter how naive or amateurish you are, you prep better for that bloody obvious question.
... and they said they aren't going to refund anyone

Deleted member 113

... and they said they aren't going to refund anyone
Yeah, about that.
When Square Enix announced that they were locking UK retail keys for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so that other European users couldn't activate them (which violated the free circulation of persons, goods and services inside the EU), I filed a complaint with the European Union, and the only reason it didn't progress any further, and they weren't fined, was because they went back before launch, and didn't lock those retail keys.
Yes, the EU is actually very good at replying and acting on complaints.

I'll have to check what the EU legislation says about this, but you can be sure they won't get off that easily.
Even if I can't do anything through the EU, I'll file a complaint with my bank.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, about that.
When Square Enix announced that they were locking UK retail keys for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so that other European users couldn't activate them (which violated the free circulation of persons, goods and services inside the EU), I filed a complaint with the European Union, and the only reason it didn't progress any further, and they weren't fined, was because they went back before launch, and didn't lock those retail keys.

I'll have to check what the EU legislation says about this, but you can be sure they won't get off that easily from this.
Even if I can't do anything through the EU, I'll file a complaint with my bank.
I literally gasped.

Well... that's going to be... fun. I guess? How are people in this industry so bad at business and public relations?

"we apologize, but go fuck yourselves, we already have your money, whatcha gonna do about it?"

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
ok ... the squeenix chat is open now ... let's get this bullshit over with ... i'm SO FUCKING DONE with this e3 ... fuck it all ...

Deleted member 113

This is hilarious.
For starters, a side note: I own almost all Rebellion titles on Steam (I am only missing a VR game, I believe).

Earlier today, I posted this on twitter:

As a result, I just noticed both that Zombie Army account, and the Rebellion account, blocked me.

Really, I have no words.
If there was any further proof needed that they view their customers as something disposable, here you have it.
I even helped test, and answered NDA surveys, for some of their games.

Yeah, I really need to find something better to do with my free time, and disposable income.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
This is hilarious.
For starters, a side note: I own almost all Rebellion titles on Steam (I am only missing a VR game, I believe).

Earlier today, I posted this on twitter:

As a result, I just noticed both that Zombie Army account, and the Rebellion account, blocked me.

Really, I have no words.
If there was any further proof needed that they view their customers as something disposable, here you have it.
I even helped test, and answered NDA surveys, for some of their games.

Yeah, I really need to find something better to do with my free time, and disposable income.
Don't need customers if you sell out your game to a megamillions company that pays for every unsold copy.

Ushering in a era where you don't actually need to make a game that people want or will play: you just have to shit out disposable garbage you can sell offf to Epic as soon as possible.

Deleted member 113

Don't need customers if you sell out your game to a megamillions company that pays for every unsold copy.

Ushering in a era where you don't actually need to make a game that people want or will play: you just have to shit out disposable garbage you can sell offf to Epic as soon as possible.
As a minor update, the accounts unblocked me.
Told me I was blocked by mistake, because they had a crazy day.
Yeah, I totally buy it. :unsure:

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Where's my Vergil DLC?!

Hooooly shit, no refunds for Shenmue III backers? Deepsilver, you have just been blacklisted to hell and back. I didn't donate, but I would be furious since Steam was promised over and over.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
As someone that's really into the MCU movies, that Avengers game did nothing for me. I also can't help but feel like they kinda fucked up by releasing it a full year after Endgame.

Reactions: Alexandros

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
That Crystal Chronicles kinda hurts. They're releasing it on consoles and freaking mobiles but not PC.

It's one the most SE move I've ever seen. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
More concerned about Last Remnant Remaster, the old one got delisted from Steam after all... :face-with-cold-sweat:

Crystal Chronicles will probably come sooner or later since SE seems to like porting their mobile remakes to PC lol.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
ok ... the squeenix chat is open now ... let's get this bullshit over with ... i'm SO FUCKING DONE with this e3 ... fuck it all ...

Nintendo event is in 14 hours, so your lanky ass aint done yet.

Also dang s-e announced various stuff getting a steam release, cool.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Will current owners of FFVIII get the remaster for free a la Bioshock & Skyrim? Or are we paying for these HD texture packs?

goat

Mass Erect
Jan 21, 2019
This was probably already mentioned, but if you backed Subverse, check your e-mails as my key arrived today.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
As someone that's really into the MCU movies, that Avengers game did nothing for me. I also can't help but feel like they kinda fucked up by releasing it a full year after Endgame.
I think they picked an awkward time to release it, just in terms of pop culture

Spider-Man PS4 was a very different take on Spidey and Peter Parker (one that I very much enjoyed), but that worked because we've had a thousand variations of him in the past two decades. Three different movie versions of him, a bunch of different games, tons of comic twists between Superior, Ultimate and normal Spidey, etc.

The Avengers have just become so associated with MCU, this feel almost like they got the low budget variants of the characters and stories. And I say that as someone who doesn't love recent MCU output and was hoping for something really different.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
do we even want to do one for nintendo? i don't know about that :p
Mate it is e3
We arent biased single minded video gamers here
Such e3 events must given equal treatment.
Just because this forum is pc centruc should not mean we cant discuss other platforms or follow events related to said platform.

Reactions: lashman and xinek

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Nintendo conference is midnight for me. So I don't really care if we were to have a thread for it or not.

Reading through Shenmue thread, oh boy what a hot mess.
Every single EGS exclusive announcement thread, the discussion is always going in the same direction. You only need to read one thread and forget the rest.

Reactions: xinek

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I'm very likely to be busy during the Ninty conference, but it'd be nice to have up so we can continue talking about it afterwards.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Mario Maker 2 has got me. I'm all in for Nintendo. I wish they would put their stuff elsewhere but oh well. I want to make marios.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
What does the Final Fantasy 8 Remaster change from the original apart being a graphical upgrade?
This is the PR SE is sending out.
================

The remaster includes renewed character models and the following new system features:

• Battle Reinforcement: Keeps HP and ATB at maximum, allowing special skills to be activated at any time.
  • No Encounters: Turn on / off battle encounters.
  • Triple Speed: All scenes advance at three times the speed (excluding movies).
Additionally, the PC version offers the following additional features:

• Obtain All Items: Obtain all items, excluding some items.
  • Obtain All Abilities: Learn all obtainable G.F. abilities.
  • G.F. Level MAX: Max out obtainable G.F. Level.
  • Gil MAX: Max out Gil.
  • Magic MAX: Max out obtainable magic stock.
  • Obtain All Special Skills: Learn all special skills.
  • Obtain All Cards: Obtain the maximum amount of cards, excluding rare cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.